Sign in to follow this  
Joadboy

Andy Murray

With a bit luck he'll be able to make it to yet another final he will get beat in. Continuing his legend as the greatest runner up ever. 

Well done Andy

22 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

With a bit luck he'll be able to make it to yet another final he will get beat in. Continuing his legend as the greatest runner up ever. 

Well done Andy

3 Grand Slams, 2 Olympic gold, ATP tour finals winner, Davis Cup winner vitually single handed. Not bad really, a better win record than say Newcastle United.:P

and $165 million career earnings and his wife ain't bad looking.

8 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

3 Grand Slams, 2 Olympic gold, ATP tour finasl winner, Davis Cup winner vitually single handed. Not bad really, a better win record than say Newcastle United.:P

Yes, Newcastle United have never won a tennis grand slam, our fat slug of an owner does however sell cheap knock off versions of the tennis clobber the posh kids wear. :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

I dunno what she sees in the very boring multi millionaire :rolleyes:

20 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

3 Grand Slams, 2 Olympic gold, ATP tour finals winner, Davis Cup winner vitually single handed. Not bad really, a better win record than say Newcastle United.:P

Ah ! riverdude you must understand that really Roy is very proud that Andy has won all this for Britian.

On 6/22/2019 at 12:43 PM, newcastle roy said:

Well done Andy

Oh Roy, we could fall out over this!!

I love Andy almost as much as Bruce! What a fairy tale come back. Roll on Wimbledon, I might be queuing after all...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/22/2019 at 12:43 PM, newcastle roy said:

Well done Andy

This aged well - not.:)

• Haha 3

Great stuff Andy, you have WON YET ANOTHER TITLE for Britain to be proud of.

You rode your luck a bit in the final and to be fair your partner played really well, the experience of the two of you being able to up your game at crucial moments was the difference in a very close match, had never seen or heard of Joe Salisbury before, he played very well.

Still a long way to go and it will be interesting to see how your body reacts after so much tennis in a short spell, hopefully no setbacks and we look forward to see that winning smile again very soon.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Great stuff Andy, you have WON YET ANOTHER TITLE for Britain to be proud of.

You rode your luck a bit in the final and to be fair your partner played really well, the experience of the two of you being able to up your game at crucial moments was the difference in a very close match, had never seen or heard of Joe Salisbury before, he played very well.

Still a long way to go and it will be interesting to see how your body reacts after so much tennis in a short spell, hopefully no setbacks and we look forward to see that winning smile again very soon.

Agree with all of this. Andy didn't play as well as the night before and Lopez played better (in fact he was immense) but at the big points Andy had the experience over the opponents. I still can't see Andy coming back in singles to anything like his best but I hope i'm wrong.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

Agree with all of this. Andy didn't play as well as the night before and Lopez played better (in fact he was immense) but at the big points Andy had the experience over the opponents. I still can't see Andy coming back in singles to anything like his best but I hope i'm wrong.

Lopez was magnificent. Andy knew what he was doing.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ann Jones said:

Mixed Doubles with Serena? Well, if Dreams came true, wouldn't that be nice...

I think the absolute circus that'd surround that may be counter-productive in terms of his re-hab...........but it'd be fun!

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 10:20 PM, newcastle roy said:

I really did fear this news about the worlds greatest runner up putting his tennis racket down

This is bad news indeed

It's just a matter of time before we get to here his drab voice on the the telly as an "expert" talking about how hard it was for his mam and dad to find that 40 grand and no doubt the millionaire will  be on A Question Of Sport,  or some guest on some pants show or celebratory whatever, just as soon as his bad whatever get better.

He voted "out" in the vote for Scottish Independence, fair play to him he was used to being second.

"it's important that everyone comes together to make the best of it." is what he said about Brexit btw ? 

I hope he does retire and does some pay back coaching to less privileged kids, but i doubt he will. 

Now that he's  quit, Scottish people will be able to take the piss out of posh kids who play tennis again. 

Very odd post. He’s enjoyed a hugely successful career in a golden era for men’s tennis. He fully deserves every penny he’s earned from the game, achieved through talent and sheer hard work.

You point out his “drab” voice - perhaps that has something to do with the trauma he endured when as an 8 year old, he had to hide in his headmasters office as 16 of his school mates were being slaughtered in the school gym.

He, his brother and particularly his mother have contributed massively to junior tennis and never charge for their coaching.

• Love Love Love! 2

On 6/30/2019 at 2:28 PM, Brown Eyed Boy said:

Very odd post. He’s enjoyed a hugely successful career in a golden era for men’s tennis. He fully deserves every penny he’s earned from the game, achieved through talent and sheer hard work.

You point out his “drab” voice - perhaps that has something to do with the trauma he endured when as an 8 year old, he had to hide in his headmasters office as 16 of his school mates were being slaughtered in the school gym.

He, his brother and particularly his mother have contributed massively to junior tennis and never charge for their coaching.

Roy doesn't mean a word of this! He just likes to wind up Dr. Winston;)

• Haha 1

Aye, check out the cricket thread.....the EPL thread.........the European Cup thread.......shit every sports thread, the Good Doctor and Roy like to butt heads about the rivalry between the greatest small nation in the world and Perfidious Albion.

I have no dog in the fight you understand...............

• Haha 3

16 minutes ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Aye, check out the cricket thread.....the EPL thread.........the European Cup thread.......shit every sports thread, the Good Doctor and Roy like to butt heads about the rivalry between the greatest small nation in the world and Perfidious Albion.

Your unbiased opinion is always welcome:rolleyes:

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

Yes you could say we have both made the SEMI FINAL of the butting heads world cup. :rolleyes:;)

• Haha 2

So looks like it's Andy and Serena.

When was the last time that early round mixed matches were played on the show courts?

8 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

So looks like it's Andy and Serena.

When was the last time that early round mixed matches were played on the show courts?

Probably never! I am really excited about this. I had thought this would be a stress free Wimbledon with no Andy to worry about...

• Like 1

Good to see Andy back at Wimbledon but Serena!!

• Like 1

The match of the day

Nick Kyrgios v Rafael Nadal.

Sorry Andy.

6 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Serena "just thrilled to be partnering a true legend of tennis".

As is Andy!