Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Power13

OFFICIAL 2016 Major League Baseball thread....

I saw that somewhere without much context and said this is so stupid and no way MLB would even think about this............Then, I saw that they actually are testing it - WTF.  I would just as well have four outs in extra innings than that stupid rule.

Maybe will happen up to Double A ball but no further. Never in the Majors.

20 hours ago, Power13 said:

Unbelievable.  This is one really stupid idea.

Stuff like this...even MLB just thinking about it, is part of why it gets harder and harder to maintain my love of the game.  Between ideas like this and the continuing difficulty in trying to relate to the multi-millionaire players somehow...it just gets hard to just focus on the beautiful game that happens on the field.  The Cubs win and the 'likability' of their players and manager hopefully is something some teams and ballplayers took note of.  Watching some so called 'pros' look or act like they'd rather be anywhere else but on the field can drive me nuts....yea I'm talking to you Cespedes.....lol.

Don't do it. The majority of games in extras aren't marathon 17 or 18 inning games. Only get a few each year that go on like that. It also zaps the suspense out of extra innings.