Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

Ok guys, someone had to re-start this thread after it was accidentally erased. Going forward, did anyone watch the Liverpool Charity Match: Steven Gerrard vs Jamie Carragher today?

I saw it. Predictably boring.

I am not even watching the France-DK friendly now.

Personally CK, I enjoyed seeing Suarez and Torres play together but these All-Star matches usually turn out to be more hype than quality football. Stars use these games as an occasion for PR and a fun kick-about. At least we had some goals.

JS60191765.jpg

not sure what happened whilst I was gone.....

saw Skrtel banned for 3 games and Sturridge injured again for at least a month so the season is imploding with Lovren and Balotelli back in the fold it is possible

that the 5th and 6th spots for Thursday footie maybe beyond us :(

Well, Utd went to Anfield and gave you a footballing lesson :P

well I know that my friend C4G as they have colour TV in Orlando :rolleyes: I meant with the board but I expect you know that :P

Very little media coverage this week regarding Phil Neal's and Greg Dyke's failed attempt at laying a wreath at the Heysel Memorial in Turin before tonight's game between Italy and England. It appears the Italians rejected this idea, and I guess you can sympathise with them and understand why they didn't want this happening. Officially the Italians are saying such an act would detract from the impending 30th anniversary memorial services that are planned. In addition, maybe they thought it would appear to be a rather hollow gesture. Who knows.

well I know that my friend C4G as they have colour TV in Orlando :rolleyes: I meant with the board but I expect you know that :P

Andrew, I copied this from Kev in the Liverpool vs Man Utd thread.

"Sorry all, my fault. I got a PM from Vibes that showed him up as the person he is, I went to remove a post he had made and by accident removed the thread.

Please start another."

John Barnes on itv4 life stories tonight

Best player I've ever seen in a red shirt

post-35939-0-95403600-1427831762_thumb.j

• Like 1

ah thanks I thought the whole season had not happened somehow I will try and summarise the 200 posts I made on the deleted thread

"balotelli cant be bothered, lovren is crap, most of the signings are a waste of money, sturridge is always injured....:

does that summarise the season?

btw I did boo the Vancouver Whitecaps when I saw them play :rolleyes:

A summary of the season can not be complete without mention of Gerrard's disastrous cameo role v Man U recently which hugely contributed to the defeat that day thus allowing Man U to open up a 5 point gap and in all probability denying LFC of 4th spot. Herrera is still waiting for an apology from Gerrard for effectively a physical assault that could have left him badly injured.

John Barnes on itv4 life stories tonight

Barnes was class......but never played particularly well for England as I recall (apart from THAT goal against Brazil :) )

Think Barnes scored 29 goals from left wing in the 89-90 season. TBF he's the only cunt who can live with that.

article-0-19B130CB000005DC-971_634x415.j?

Correct. Liverpool red shirt? Dozens inferior.

Shame that the rat boy left you for a bigger club isn't it! And then got better still!

ah thanks I thought the whole season had not happened somehow I will try and summarise the 200 posts I made on the deleted thread

"balotelli cant be bothered, lovren is crap, most of the signings are a waste of money, sturridge is always injured....:

does that summarise the season?

btw I did boo the Vancouver Whitecaps when I saw them play :rolleyes:

You missed out something about sterling and his dear agent at his desire to win trophies!

in team news for tomorrow's a couple of sidebar that caught my eye is that Brad Jones (reserve goalie) injured himself in training after one game on the bench after 3 months out - must have been hanging out with sturridge.... Flanagan appears also in the training photos after injuring himself in pre-season training for the Yankee tour 9 months ago!!! lots of youngsters likely to be punished by having to sit next to Balotelli on the bench.

Shame that the rat boy left you for a bigger club isn't it! And then got better still!

Not at all. We feel truely blessed to have had him for the period that we did.

His achievements since make us really proud.

Why would anybody turn a move to Madrid down?

They won it 10 times (sic) you know?

• Like 1

Not at all. We feel truely blessed to have had him for the period that we did.

His achievements since make us really proud.

Why would anybody turn a move to Madrid down?

They won it 10 times (sic) you know?

Fair enough, I will take that, despite being rather annoyed after today's efforts that I fortunately didn't see!!

Not good enough for the top 4, simple as that. Had a great run but you can't just fix a bad start like that. Let's win the FA Cup to end the season on a high.