Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

Cracking game first half. Thought both sides looked top notch but the quality faded second half.

Mane and Firmino were terrible I thought.

Not seen the penalty. Clear cut? 

Just seen it. Not a pen.

Liverpool fans can’t really complain - got a few decisions last year.

The whole VAR thing is getting confusing though. Are they even bothering to use it? Some weird lack of use on occasions in a few games. 

Hey look busstop posted wonder if I should watch the game on tape

Last year we lost 1-0 at Napoli and won the Champions League. This year we lose 2-0 - that's the Champions League and Premier League locked in. B)

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Cracking game first half. Thought both sides looked top notch but the quality faded second half.

Mane and Firmino were terrible I thought.

Not seen the penalty. Clear cut? 

Dive....

https://mobile.twitter.com/NaCeiltighAbu/status/1174060752442920965

And its an even bigger joke knowing there was VAR on it.

Good game between two good sides with the brawn and fitness of TGLITW* being overcome by the greater skill and control of a Serie A team.

Red bull look no mugs. Kinda need Napoli to beat them home and away or it could turn out as tight as last season.

2 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Red bull look no mugs. Kinda need Napoli to beat them home and away or it could turn out as tight as last season.

If I were Ancelotti I may be thinking tactically about what result Napoli would like to get against them in one of the ties.

5 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Good game between two good sides with the brawn and fitness of TGLITW* being overcome by the greater skill and control of a Serie A team.

200.gif&key=1ed9a910eb4fa2a93884cb62241f

I didn’t see anything wrong with the chelsea goal to be honest

10 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Liverpool were awful in the  second half

Terrible.

Winning games playing like that is massive though. 

I think it’s also the difference between City and Liverpool. Always feel like Liverpool have a bad run of form in them.  

Anyway. You’re now 10 points clear of Manchester B side. After 6 games.

Tranmere win from behind at the death - tick!

United get beat - double tick!!!

Lovely! 

Ha ha ha ha 

• Bruuuuce! 1

On the ropes for most of the second half. Chelsea are still a very good team, hadn’t lost at home in the league since January. 

Liverpool have been in more champions league finals than premier league defeats over the last 18 months. 

Batshit.

12 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Terrible.

Winning games playing like that is massive though. 

I think it’s also the difference between City and Liverpool. Always feel like Liverpool have a bad run of form in them.  

Anyway. You’re now 10 points clear of Manchester B side. After 6 games.

Tranmere win from behind at the death - tick!

United get beat - double tick!!!

Lovely! 

Ha ha ha ha 

Liverpool win - tick

All Blacks win - tick

Chicago Cubs...wi...wait...what? Oh. Bugger. Oh well, can't have everything.

9 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

On the ropes for most of the second half. Chelsea are still a very good team, hadn’t lost at home in the league since January. 

Liverpool have been in more champions league finals than premier league defeats over the last 18 months. 

Batshit.

Beginning to think that Klopp fella must be quite good. B)

just seen the Liverpool lineup for the league cup - yikes Busstop will be readying his memes - some of the players didn't even squad numbers before today

6 hours ago, AMIW said:

just seen the Liverpool lineup for the league cup - yikes Busstop will be readying his memes - some of the players didn't even squad numbers before today

Worked out ok.  I wonder what James Milner thinks - one of the newbies was half his age...

• Like 1

Well good try by Sheiffield but I dont see then spotting a goal to Liverpool and then getting a result.  

Hving the goalie just fumble it is a terrible way to concede a goal for them.  Gutting.

On 9/28/2019 at 3:03 PM, Patched Tube said:

Well good try by Sheiffield but I dont see then spotting a goal to Liverpool and then getting a result.  

Hving the goalie just fumble it is a terrible way to concede a goal for them.  Gutting.

And he is even on loan from the filth in Manchester.

On 9/28/2019 at 2:03 PM, Patched Tube said:

It wasn't Sheffield. It was Sheffield United FFS  !!

there's two football clubs in the city of Sheffield !

18 minutes ago, Cozmic Kid said:

And he is even on loan from the filth in Manchester.

FFS ! 

• Haha 1

Cracking old fashioned game that - enjoyed the way both teams went for it. Was always going to be decided by some slight error.  

10 hours ago, Shaun said:

Cracking old fashioned game that - enjoyed the way both teams went for it. Was always going to be decided by some slight error.  

United played well. Organised and not short of threat going forward. They’ll challenge a lot of sides at home apart from Man City.

If sides can nullify Liverpool’s fullbacks it’s really noticeable how little creative spark they’ve got in the middle. 

I’ve a feeling that Sheff U manager might grate after a while. He’s a little too pleased with his “say what I like, like what I bloody well say” approach. 

15 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

United played well. Organised and not short of threat going forward. They’ll challenge a lot of sides at home apart from Man City.

If sides can nullify Liverpool’s fullbacks it’s really noticeable how little creative spark they’ve got in the middle. 

I’ve a feeling that Sheff U manager might grate after a while. He’s a little too pleased with his “say what I like, like what I bloody well say” approach. 

Yes, that's the whole Liverpool game plan - attacking fullbacks, awesome front three and a midfield that works very hard (and gets rotated very regularly because of that work rate) but doesn't need to be the most creative.  Keita when fit should bring a bit more of that, and we could always play Origi upfront and Firmino drop back into creative midfield role, as he's very good at that too.