Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

On 9/29/2019 at 5:41 PM, newcastle roy said:

It wasn't Sheffield. It was Sheffield United FFS  !!

there's two football clubs in the city of Sheffield !

But only one of them was playing Liverpool right?  

On 10/1/2019 at 2:45 PM, Patched Tube said:

But only one of them was playing Liverpool right?  

Nope, there's no such club as "Sheffield" I guess you missed my point.

Maybe next time you are in Sheffield you should call a Sheffield United or Sheffield Wednesday fan a "Sheffield" fan, see how he replies to you,  you'll get similar replies in Bristol, Manchester and Nottingham to similar questions.:D

13 hours ago, High As Hope said:

Is there a cuddly toy update following last night?

Well not really there was a traffic accident last night and it took me 1hr 15min to drive 8.1 miles home so I stopped at a fast food place checked the beeb there and decided to pass on spending 90 mins watching it in Spanish on tape

Dodgy Dejan starts

harvey Elliott on bench with Matip, oxlade and Shaqiri unavailable

Lovely goal for Liverpool.  Just well done.  Got to love it.

Phew

Gl server sees huge upload of meme from south coast after Leicester goal... luckily none get posted at the final whistle

Caught up with MOTD2 last night.

It was a penalty in the modern game but that’s not saying much.

Liverpool still getting the rub of the green very much like last season. 

8 points clear but still a long way to go. Regardless of City’s patchy form they're still good enough on their day to beat Liverpool home and away. 

They will certainly narrow the gap at some point.

10 games in December and a nice trip to Qatar to contend with.

On 10/7/2019 at 12:34 PM, Captain Chaos said:

Caught up with MOTD2 last night.

It was a penalty in the modern game but that’s not saying much.

Liverpool still getting the rub of the green very much like last season. 

8 points clear but still a long way to go. Regardless of City’s patchy form they're still good enough on their day to beat Liverpool home and away. 

They will certainly narrow the gap at some point.

I think the gap will even get bigger. Liverpool won't take the foot of the gas. And City for a while now looked to me a little bit like Barça in Pep's fourth year. You sense something is coming to an end.

If everybody stays more or less healthy, I think Liverpool will clinch the title with several games left to play.

59 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

I think the gap will even get bigger. Liverpool won't take the foot of the gas. And City for a while now looked to me a little bit like Barça in Pep's fourth year. You sense something is coming to an end.

If everybody stays more or less healthy, I think Liverpool will clinch the title with several games left to play.

In truth anything could happen. They both go on continued winning streaks. One of them has a bad spell. They both have a bad spell. Way too much of the season still to play but of course Liverpool will be happy right now. 

I read today that it’s 4 years since Klopp took charge. His impact has been ridiculous. Two CL finals, one CL won, one Super Cup, a 97 point PL season, a great start this season too. Few other finals in there as well I think.

His development of players is as good as I’ve ever probably seen. Only the keeper and Van Dijk were obvious buys. The likes of Mane and Salah were greeted with muted applause from any Liverpool fan I know. He’s made world class players out of most of that side.

His credentials can no longer be doubted.

Without casting shadow on it though, you can’t imagine he’ll be around much longer than another season or two. 

Funnily enough they’re nowhere near as fun to watch anymore but I doubt the fans will mind if they go onto win a PL title at last this season. 

• Like 3

On 10/8/2019 at 2:00 PM, Captain Chaos said:

In truth anything could happen. They both go on continued winning streaks. One of them has a bad spell. They both have a bad spell. Way too much of the season still to play but of course Liverpool will be happy right now. 

I read today that it’s 4 years since Klopp took charge. His impact has been ridiculous. Two CL finals, one CL won, one Super Cup, a 97 point PL season, a great start this season too. Few other finals in there as well I think.

His development of players is as good as I’ve ever probably seen. Only the keeper and Van Dijk were obvious buys. The likes of Mane and Salah were greeted with muted applause from any Liverpool fan I know. He’s made world class players out of most of that side.

His credentials can no longer be doubted.

Without casting shadow on it though, you can’t imagine he’ll be around much longer than another season or two. 

Funnily enough they’re nowhere near as fun to watch anymore but I doubt the fans will mind if they go onto win a PL title at last this season. 

I watched Klopp’s top 10 games on LFCtv yesterday. Every game was an absolute classic, we’ve been totally spoilt since he arrived. Hopefully he goes out in blaze of glory with Mbappe & Havertz and blows everyone out of the water. 

European cups in the last 14 years - 2

Wins at Old Trafford in the last 14 years - 2

Liverpool defender Joel Matip has signed a new long-term contract, which is understood to last until the summer of 2024.

Matip has established himself as a first-choice centre-back in Jurgen Klopp's defence this season and been instrumental in helping Liverpool open up an eight-point lead over champions Manchester City in the Premier League.

• Like 1

I got my hygienist to closely examine Jurgen’s teeth on the computer screen recently after I had been in the chair. The before work done / after work done photos are deceiving. Whilst they look whiter than white and Jurgen is no doubt happy with the results, the work is apparently of poor quality. The whole set, top and bottom, have been crowned but shoddily.

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, AMIW said:

Salah.  injured :(

Divock starts!

Got your soft toys at the ready? I still don't believe you will need them.

Of course... all launched at tv screen when evil one just appeared on nbc

• Like 1

That may well prove to be a very important goal; psychologicaly if nothing else. 

Phew saved from the 3500 memes about to be posted from a train heading back to the south coast of England