Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

41 minutes ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Standard Old Trafford performance.

Showing up for their most important game of the year just in time.

I can’t quite believe that LFC side had won every league game this season. 

Still the showcase fixture of the premier league calendar though with an impressive 13 premier league titles shared between the two clubs. 

2 hours ago, Cozmic Kid said:

Showing up for their most important game of the year just in time.

I thought United looked what they are to be honest. A mid to lower level prem side. 

Rashford was a good outlet for them but that was about it. He played really well.

Liverpool just looked very poor. As the commentators put it “they played the occasion”. 

I watched a lot of Liverpool during the season Madrid beat them in the CL. Some of the most exciting football I’ve seen. Not watched them as much since mid last season as I just don’t find them as good to watch anymore. Mind you, they’ve won two trophies in that time and lead the league. I reckon their fans will take that deal if they can win it this year. 

3 hours ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Standard Old Trafford performance.

Pretty much yeah. Saw a lot of comments before the game that Liverpool would win it with ease but that just doesn't happen at Old Trafford. A very tough ground for us, even with their poor team now. It very rarely works out in that away game. Glad it's done. Back to CL footy now!

58 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I thought United looked what they are to be honest. A mid to lower level prem side. 

Rashford was a good outlet for them but that was about it. He played really well.

Liverpool just looked very poor. As the commentators put it “they played the occasion”. 

I watched a lot of Liverpool during the season Madrid beat them in the CL. Some of the most exciting football I’ve seen. Not watched them as much since mid last season as I just don’t find them as good to watch anymore. Mind you, they’ve won two trophies in that time and lead the league. I reckon their fans will take that deal if they can win it this year. 

Yeah we were piss poor and Manure played the best they have learned.

8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Still the showcase fixture of the premier league calendar.

and incerdibly 6 english players starterd the match !!!!!

14 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

Patrice Evra: Jame Carragher apologises for Luis Suarez t-shirts

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50133876

I’ve no time for Carragher and this is even worse.

Apologise in private and because you mean it. Not on TV and because you’re trying to gain some sort of kudos.The attempt to distance Dagleish from the whole thing was a joke as well.

I still find it hard to believe they actually did that after the Suarez thing. Awful. 

• Thanks 2

Liverpool only took 19 players to genk 3 of whom are goalies... guess the team picks itself

alexander Arnold and Matip injured

Man I love me some Keita. Hope he can stay fit now because a fit Keita should be nailed in this team.

5c0213ae481ff17ea4cbefc2c772534e?width=7

Liverpool condemn ‘racist’ banner of Divock Origi at Champions League game against Genk

2 hours ago, Royston Vasey said:

Always the victims......as we know.

Seem quite happy to champion a racist going by your username. 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

5c0213ae481ff17ea4cbefc2c772534e?width=7

Liverpool condemn ‘racist’ banner of Divock Origi at Champions League game against Genk

Stupid banner, but does really everything these days have to be labelled racist?

1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Stupid banner, but does really everything these days have to be labelled racist?

Agree on this one.

That image is one that went viral god knows how long ago and had nothing by to do with Origi.

Hardly original, definitely cliche, but not racist. 

15 hours ago, Perisic said:

Man I love me some Keita. Hope he can stay fit now because a fit Keita should be nailed in this team.

I thought he looked quality from his highlight package and thought he’d storm the PL. Not convinced I was right now though. Looks a bit lightweight.

He’s great to watch but couldn’t see him starting big games. 

2 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

Agree on this one.

That image is one that went viral god knows how long ago and had nothing by to do with Origi.

Hardly original, definitely cliche, but not racist. 

I have to disagree with you on this, it is absolutely 100% racist 

Most people think of racism as abusive, derogatory or insulting behavior often involving bad language towards someone of a different race. However stereotyping in this manner, whilst the intention is supposed to be complimentary is singling out an individual due to his colour, so for me it's racist, same as the Man utd song about Lukaku.

32 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I have to disagree with you on this, it is absolutely 100% racist 

Most people think of racism as abusive, derogatory or insulting behavior often involving bad language towards someone of a different race. However stereotyping in this manner, whilst the intention is supposed to be complimentary is singling out an individual due to his colour, so for me it's racist, same as the Man utd song about Lukaku.

Get where you’re coming from. I’m still going to just stick it in the bucket labelled “Fucking Idiotic”.

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

These Liverpool fans from..London and Leicester :rolleyes:

missed the match, daft fuckers went to Ghent instead of Genk

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50166371

Always surprised when I read stories like that. Don't they plan their trip? And they only realise it an hour before kickoff? Idiots.