Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

NBC release their updated schedule showing all liverpool games removed in favour of showing the Evil Cheese

livid I am

11 hours ago, AMIW said:

NBC release their updated schedule showing all liverpool games removed in favour of showing the Evil Cheese

livid I am

At this rate Levy can recover the extra wages to Maureen thru increased TV revenue share. Brilliant! :D 

It's gonna be very tough away at Salzburg, they have an awesome team and play really cool football. Hope we won't regret the draw last night, I'd say it's 50/50. Getting knocked out of the CL would suck, we've played every matchday since the Hoffenheim games back in August '17. Crazy if you think about that.

Mr Justice Openshaw discharged the jury and expressed his “thanks and admiration” for the part they had played in the administration of justice.

9 - 1 decision.

The sad thing is, this trial should have happened thirty years ago.

I doubt the outcome would've been different, but it would've sent a different message.

South Yorkshire Dibble......".......as secret debts are paid, contracts made they vanish unseen".

RIP.

5 hours ago, Perisic said:

It's gonna be very tough away at Salzburg, they have an awesome team and play really cool football. Hope we won't regret the draw last night, I'd say it's 50/50. Getting knocked out of the CL would suck, we've played every matchday since the Hoffenheim games back in August '17. Crazy if you think about that.

Very tough indeed.

Given the way Liverpool have played away from home in the CL I’d fancy Salzburg. 

4 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

justice?? what justice?? 96 people unlawfully killed but no ones fault, british justice ha ha

I've been in the leaping lane end a few years before this, i know how scary it was btw

Duckinfield lied he said that the fans had forced their way into the ground by breaking down the exit gate into the leppings lane end. The judge in his summing up bit said that this established fact wasn't proof of guilt. 

What the actually fuck does that mean, someone a lot cleverer than me is going to have to explain that absolute bollocks ! 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevie54uk said:

justice?? what justice?? 96 people unlawfully killed but no ones fault, british justice ha ha

New scapegoat(s) needed.

Duckenfield has now faced trial THREE times. None of them found him guilty.

People lost their lives. Innocent people.

You’d hope people would remember that and not use the case to back up any personal prejudice they may have.

It remains a tragic day and maybe people should just have the dignity to allow that. 

• Like 2

On 11/25/2019 at 11:28 PM, AMIW said:

livid I am

I can see all games, as in A L L games. PL, FA, CL etc.

10 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

People lost their lives. Innocent people.

You’d hope people would remember that and not use the case to back up any personal prejudice they may have.

It remains a tragic day and maybe people should just have the dignity to allow that. 

I have a lot more opprobrium than affection for Liverpool (Ray Kennedy on John McMaster, their links to the green cheek etc.) But as someone who travelled far and wide during the 70s and 80s, and someone who witnessed first hand how fans were treated (by plod and others) during this time, trust me when I say Hillsborough (and probably Heysel) could've happened to any of us.

Modern day fans who have grown up with sanitised, H&S compliant stadia would be absolutely astounded at some of the conditions in which I, and other fans of my vintage, watched matches.

In those days, cops had a free reign to behave as they wished, South Yorkshire plod especially ("services rendered").

I feel for the victims and their families.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, newcastle roy said:

I've been in the leaping lane end a few years before this, i know how scary it was btw

Duckinfield lied he said that the fans had forced their way into the ground by breaking down the exit gate into the leppings lane end. The judge in his summing up bit said that this established fact wasn't proof of guilt. 

What the actually fuck does that mean, someone a lot cleverer than me is going to have to explain that absolute bollocks ! 

i doubt anyone could explain it, back in the 70.s and 80s football grounds were not safe and the people were dependant on the police and the crowd themselves to avoid disaster, this time the police control was non existent and a disaster happened and the government of the day made sure nobody was held responsible helped by certain shitty media called the Sun which printed a pack of lies

6 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

I have a lot more opprobrium than affection for Liverpool (Ray Kennedy on John McMaster, their links to the green cheek etc.) But as someone who travelled far and wide during the 70s and 80s, and someone who witnessed first hand how fans were treated (by plod and others) during this time, trust me when I say Hillsborough (and probably Heysel) could've happened to any of us.

Modern day fans who have grown up with sanitised, H&S compliant stadia would be absolutely astounded at some of the conditions in which I, and other fans of my vintage, watched matches.

In those days, cops had a free reign to behave as they wished, South Yorkshire plod especially ("services rendered").

I feel for the victims and their families.

totally agree. The south yorkshire force who were guilty of violence during the miners strike again ignored and covered up.

Liverpool can confirm Fabinho suffered ankle ligament damage during the Champions League encounter with Napoli in midweek.

The midfielder needed to be substituted after 18 minutes of the 1-1 draw at Anfield on Wednesday night after falling awkwardly during a challenge.

Further assessment on the injury has discovered Fabinho will be out of action until the New Year.

The Brazilian will begin a rehabilitation programme with the Reds’ medical team at Melwood as he works his way back to full fitness

2 hours ago, DarknessandHope said:

Liverpool can confirm Fabinho suffered ankle ligament damage during the Champions League encounter with Napoli in midweek.

The midfielder needed to be substituted after 18 minutes of the 1-1 draw at Anfield on Wednesday night after falling awkwardly during a challenge.

Further assessment on the injury has discovered Fabinho will be out of action until the New Year.

The Brazilian will begin a rehabilitation programme with the Reds’ medical team at Melwood as he works his way back to full fitness

That is a huge loss for them. The guy is top class.

And Liverpool have to play a game every 72 hours the next month so it puts more strain on the 18 players they have been rotating through ant that is not counting Keita and Shaqiri who haven’t done a lot this season

Just now, AMIW said:

And Liverpool have to play a game every 72 hours the next month so it puts more strain on the 18 players they have been rotating through ant that is not counting Keita and Shaqiri who haven’t done a lot this season

Can't for the life of me explain why Shaqiri hasn't gotten more minutes.  

December is going to be a tough month for Liverpool at least from the fatigue aspect.  OTOH taken individually the schedule isn't so bad.  If they stay healthy I think they grind it out and go into January sitting pretty.

No surprises with Fabinho, matip and Clyne injured the 18 picks itself for today

Free kick taken quickly. 11 points clear at the top, uncharted territory for us in the PL era. It has got to happen this season, no excuses. We've got the squad, the ability to grind out results and luck at the right moments.