The Liverpool FC Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The greatest video ever made - the player, staff, fans and King Kenny singing YNWA after the game if you don't cry watching this you are probably dead inside https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news

Went yesterday, first time in two years. An absolute fantastic day, rounded off with meeting Mo after the game in the petrol station. 

Go ahead and kneel José. 

Posted Images

compare and contrast with the league cup lineup - only 9 of the 18 survive  from the villa game

Liverpool: Kelleher; Hoever, Van den Berg, Boyes, Gallacher; Chirivella, Kane, Christie-Davies; Elliott, Hill, Longstaff

Substitutes: Winterbottom, Clayton, Norris, Clarkson, Dixon-Bonner, Bearne, Stewart

1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Yup, the "greatest cup competition in the world" is so great that the clubs have just decided that holidays are greater, so no more tosh from the hype merchants please.

It’s been nowhere near the greatest cup competition for years now.

I don’t think anyone believes otherwise.

I think the important piece of news not mentioned is that whilst first team players were instagramming themselves on beaches in Dubai, Maldives Miami etc one James Milner was sitting right behind the subs bench ....

way to go James

4D95C1C1-72C4-4B81-A5B7-9C3322C39E85.jpeg
spot the player old enough to shave

• Like 2
12 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I hope they win, to show a great managerial move. 

I hope they lose, for showing no respect.  

It is a double edged sword to a degree,great deflection by Klopp to focus on the timing of the replay rather than why they needed a replay in the first place.

But ultimately football has sold itself to the devil & therefore you can't really complain at the rules the devil makes.

25 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

It is a double edged sword to a degree,great deflection by Klopp to focus on the timing of the replay rather than why they needed a replay in the first place.

But ultimately football has sold itself to the devil & therefore you can't really complain at the rules the devil makes.

Ultimately though they progressed to the next round. I didn’t like his decision personally but the aim is to win which they did.

Like pretty much every decision the guy has made over the last 2 or 3 years he’s been proved right.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

To be fair, the Shrewsbury "goalscorer" was well offside in the build up.

Capture.JPG

"It is not an offence to be in an offside position" - Laws of the Game.

He wasn't actively involved in play or interfering with an opponent and it was two phases before he scored.

IMHO, it was the worst VAR decision of all those I've seen. I've watched it half a dozen times and literally can't see ant situation where someone was offside and should have been penalised!

13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Ultimately though they progressed to the next round. I didn’t like his decision personally but the aim is to win which they did.

Like pretty much every decision the guy has made over the last 2 or 3 years he’s been proved right.

Agreed,he's improved so much since the I've got 2 good goalkeepers scenario.

50 minutes ago, thomam said:

"It is not an offence to be in an offside position" - Laws of the Game.

He wasn't actively involved in play or interfering with an opponent and it was two phases before he scored.

IMHO, it was the worst VAR decision of all those I've seen. I've watched it half a dozen times and literally can't see ant situation where someone was offside and should have been penalised!

I’ve only seen it on twitter but I have to say I’m none the wiser as to why it was disallowed. Looks a terrible shout.

7 hours ago, thomam said:

He wasn't actively involved in play or interfering with an opponent and it was two phases before he scored.I

I can only think that it was interpreted by the officials as being the same passage of play in which he "scored".

That interpretation is certainly open to debate.

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I can only think that it was interpreted by the officials as being the same passage of play in which he "scored".

That interpretation is certainly open to debate.

I can only assume so too, but it's about 15 years since "each pass is a separate phase of play" became the norm!