Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

Recommended Posts

compare and contrast with the league cup lineup - only 9 of the 18 survive  from the villa game

Liverpool: Kelleher; Hoever, Van den Berg, Boyes, Gallacher; Chirivella, Kane, Christie-Davies; Elliott, Hill, Longstaff

Substitutes: Winterbottom, Clayton, Norris, Clarkson, Dixon-Bonner, Bearne, Stewart

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Is Klopp even on the sideline? 

No, he was going to let the U23 manager handle his players.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope they win, to show a great managerial move. 

I hope they lose, for showing no respect.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup, the "greatest cup competition in the world" is so great that the clubs have just decided that holidays are greater, so no more tosh from the hype merchants please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

See the standard LiVARpool protocol is still working....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Yup, the "greatest cup competition in the world" is so great that the clubs have just decided that holidays are greater, so no more tosh from the hype merchants please.

It’s been nowhere near the greatest cup competition for years now.

I don’t think anyone believes otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be fair, the Shrewsbury "goalscorer" was well offside in the build up.

Capture.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the important piece of news not mentioned is that whilst first team players were instagramming themselves on beaches in Dubai, Maldives Miami etc one James Milner was sitting right behind the subs bench ....

way to go James

 

4D95C1C1-72C4-4B81-A5B7-9C3322C39E85.jpeg
spot the player old enough to shave

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I hope they win, to show a great managerial move. 

I hope they lose, for showing no respect.  

It is a double edged sword to a degree,great deflection by Klopp to focus on the timing of the replay rather than why they needed a replay in the first place.

But ultimately football has sold itself to the devil & therefore you can't really complain at the rules the devil makes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

It is a double edged sword to a degree,great deflection by Klopp to focus on the timing of the replay rather than why they needed a replay in the first place.

But ultimately football has sold itself to the devil & therefore you can't really complain at the rules the devil makes.

Ultimately though they progressed to the next round. I didn’t like his decision personally but the aim is to win which they did.

Like pretty much every decision the guy has made over the last 2 or 3 years he’s been proved right.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

To be fair, the Shrewsbury "goalscorer" was well offside in the build up.

Capture.JPG

"It is not an offence to be in an offside position" - Laws of the Game.

He wasn't actively involved in play or interfering with an opponent and it was two phases before he scored.

IMHO, it was the worst VAR decision of all those I've seen. I've watched it half a dozen times and literally can't see ant situation where someone was offside and should have been penalised!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Ultimately though they progressed to the next round. I didn’t like his decision personally but the aim is to win which they did.

Like pretty much every decision the guy has made over the last 2 or 3 years he’s been proved right.

Agreed,he's improved so much since the I've got 2 good goalkeepers scenario.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, thomam said:

"It is not an offence to be in an offside position" - Laws of the Game.

He wasn't actively involved in play or interfering with an opponent and it was two phases before he scored.

IMHO, it was the worst VAR decision of all those I've seen. I've watched it half a dozen times and literally can't see ant situation where someone was offside and should have been penalised!

I’ve only seen it on twitter but I have to say I’m none the wiser as to why it was disallowed. Looks a terrible shout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, thomam said:

He wasn't actively involved in play or interfering with an opponent and it was two phases before he scored.I

I can only think that it was interpreted by the officials as being the same passage of play in which he "scored".

That interpretation is certainly open to debate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I can only think that it was interpreted by the officials as being the same passage of play in which he "scored".

That interpretation is certainly open to debate.

I can only assume so too, but it's about 15 years since "each pass is a separate phase of play" became the norm!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Phew ... lucky that this week busstop wasn’t on var duty...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst usually sweeping aside teams from their own ultra competetive league week after week, Liverpool are finding things somewhat trickier against a team from a porper league.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this