Jump to content

The Liverpool FC Thread


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The greatest video ever made - the player, staff, fans and King Kenny singing YNWA after the game if you don't cry watching this you are probably dead inside https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news

Went yesterday, first time in two years. An absolute fantastic day, rounded off with meeting Mo after the game in the petrol station. 

Go ahead and kneel José. 

Posted Images

10 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Just the 6 defeats already so far and Goodison and Etihad up next. I bet Sky Sports wish they’d waited til the end of the season for that comparison to the 99 season! Ridiculous. 

So you don’t think Hendo is better than Roy Keane or James Milner is better than Paul Scholes?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Bus stop mate. You a showing your true colours. Not a fucking peep for 6 months. Well done for going the match, doesn’t stop you from being a massive fucking whopper though. Yeeeeernited!

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Bus stop mate. You a showing your true colours. Not a fucking peep for 6 months. Well done for going the match, doesn’t stop you from being a massive fucking whopper though. Yeeeeernited!

You’re welcome mate! Keep winning to keep the bus stop away :lol:

Invincibility, FA Cup, CL....you wait ages for a Bus then 3 come along at once :P

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

You’re welcome mate! Keep winning to keep the bus stop away :lol:

Invincibility, FA Cup, CL....you wait ages for a Bus then 3 come along at once :P

Four! The Corona line... I don't think Liverpool will mathematically secure the title before league matches are called off.

And just for the record: I hoped the club, the players, Klopp, the fans, could celebrate it by winning a home game. They would deserve it. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LeoGetz said:

Four! The Corona line... I don't think Liverpool will mathematically secure the title before league matches are called off.

And just for the record: I hoped the club, the players, Klopp, the fans, could celebrate it by winning a home game. They would deserve it. Unfortunately I don't see that happening.

I think there is a real chance the season is declared void.

This is goIng to be around for a while. As well as impacting this season you wonder when 2020/21 will actually start. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The only upside to all this is we can put a big, fat asterisk next to Liverpool's league win.

I'm kidding of course.  I am actually very saddened that their fantastic season will be in some measure marred by something so utterly out of their control.  The club and it's fans, in a more just and fair world, would be able to enjoy their triumph undistracted.  If this is it, and it increasingly looks like it is, congratulations to a very worthy champion and a very patient group of fans.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I think there is a real chance the season is declared void.

This is goIng to be around for a while. As well as impacting this season you wonder when 2020/21 will actually start. 

Well the problem that I see, if this is the procedure that will be taken over and over again? Cancelling large gathering? As this thing will go dormant in about three months. Than five months later it will raise it's ugly head again. So no need in even starting the 20-21 season or any season after that. So the start of next season we will see if this was the right course of action. or not? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

The only upside to all this is we can put a big, fat asterisk next to Liverpool's league win.

I'm kidding of course.  I am actually very saddened that their fantastic season will be in some measure marred by something so utterly out of their control.  The club and it's fans, in a more just and fair world, would be able to enjoy their triumph undistracted.  If this is it, and it increasingly looks like it is, congratulations to a very worthy champion and a very patient group of fans.  

In horse racing terms (as it’s Cheltenham week) it has been a one horse race for half of the season and I’ve been hoping LFC would “do a Devon Loch” since January.

But for them to “do an Esher Ness” as in the 1993 void Grand National is actually very sad and would be completely unjust. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

In horse racing terms (as it’s Cheltenham week) it has been a one horse race for half of the season and I’ve been hoping LFC would “do a Devon Loch” since January.

But for them to “do an Esher Ness” as in the 1993 void Grand National is actually very sad and would be completely unjust. 

Any ending of the EPL season that does not conclude with Liverpool hoisting a well earned trophy should be cause for any decent football fan to riot.  

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

 

for them to “do an Esher Ness” as in the 1993 void Grand National is actually very sad and would be completely unjust. 

But very, very funny.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Any ending of the EPL season that does not conclude with Liverpool hoisting a well earned trophy should be cause for any decent football fan to riot.  

Calm down.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The PL needs to shut down now. Health is way more important than a stupid game of football. Yes it sucks and yes it breaks my heart that after all those years we won't be able to celebrate like we imagined we would. But there is no other option so suck it up. Playing behind closed doors? No, shut it down. England is already running behind. They shouldn't have allowed fans in the stadium yesterday, let alone fans who are flying in from hot spot Madrid. This virus needs to be contained and cases need to be spread out over time or the hospitals are fucked and healthcare will collapse. The announcement a couple of hours ago that the PL will continue is borderline criminal. I do expect that they'll change that tomorrow, but still. Just the idea that they would even consider hosting big games with big crowds in a time like this is sickening. Get your act together now, not next week, now. Then they still have time to think about how they're going to handle the leagues, cups etc. If this coronavirus is like other coronaviruses there's a big chance it'll be gone in April/May/June. Play the Euros in 2021 and finish the leagues during the summer? Just an option to consider. But they have to shut it down now.

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

In horse racing terms (as it’s Cheltenham week) it has been a one horse race for half of the season and I’ve been hoping LFC would “do a Devon Loch” since January.

But for them to “do an Esher Ness” as in the 1993 void Grand National is actually very sad and would be completely unjust. 

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about so I had to google that but yes you're right. I can imagine it would be funny for United fans though. But so be it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Perisic said:

I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about so I had to google that but yes you're right. I can imagine it would be funny for United fans though. But so be it.

No, not funny. Not funny at all for any football fans. Gerrard slipping to deny LFC the PL title was funny, but a virus that could kill my elderly parents who already have health problems is as serious as it gets. Bill Shankly was very wrong when he famously and no doubt flippantly said that football was more important than life and death. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve spent most of the season wanting Liverpool to win the PL just so I can laugh at United fans.

I now just want anyone to win it so things seem a bit more normal again.

I’ve a mother with cancer, a father with diabetes, an uncle with a heart condition, a 96 year old grandmother and a wife and family of my own. I bet most people on here have family set ups that look similar. It’s pretty scary the impact this thing could have on all of us. 

It will move on in time but right now it is all encompassing and affecting lots of people in different ways.

Some things are definitely more important than football.

PS. When I said before I now just want anyone to win the PL.... Clearly I meant anyone apart from United. There are some things even this Coronavirus caper will never change. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Jürgen Klopp has today issued the following message to supporters following the Premier League's decision to postpone all football activity until April 3 at the earliest.

Liverpool Football Club statement

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...