Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The greatest video ever made - the player, staff, fans and King Kenny singing YNWA after the game if you don't cry watching this you are probably dead inside https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news

Went yesterday, first time in two years. An absolute fantastic day, rounded off with meeting Mo after the game in the petrol station. 

Go ahead and kneel José. 

Posted Images

In a much happier World right now DIVOCK puts Liverpool 4 0 up against crystal palace with aroun 10 minutes to go ... securing the first league title in 30 years...

celebrations begin worldwide except in pockets of darkness who see this as the coming sign of the apocalypse

#ynwa

Really can’t see the leagues completing now. On one hand it wouldn’t feel right if they did but on the other sports fans would at least have something to smile or grimace about. 

Sport is sort of simultaneously one of the most trivial things in the world but also never more important. 

• 2 weeks later...

Notice the misspelling of news... just another prank from the small group of people who oppose Liverpool winning TGLITW

3 hours ago, AMIW said:

Notice the misspelling of news... just another prank from the small group of people who oppose Liverpool winning TGLITW

Well I figured it had to be BS but 1) these are trying times and I'm not at my best and 2) I'm cynical enough to believe that some powerful folks might diddle Liverpool out of a well deserved title. 

Now having been forced to carry the cudgel for fucking Liverpool I hate everything and everyone.  :P

1 hour ago, Perisic said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52165826

This is shocking, have they lost their minds. Change this asap! Jesus fucking Christ.

Too late now. Even if they did it would only be due to public outrage.

Cap in hand to a Tory government when others need it much more.

All I hope is that the fan base calls it for what it is (as you have). The Prem looks filthier by the day. Truly eating itself.

Wonder what Klopp thinks?? A genuine man with morals. 

ANY premier league club (more so a rich top 6 club) who expects the UK Government to pay 80% of their staff wages in this crisis is nothing short of an absolute disgrace. The government has businesses to support who actually need it to prevent them having to otherwise make their staff redundant.

LFC would not be making these staff redundant if the government support was not there, so they should not be taking advantage of the scheme. Simple as that. 

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

ANY premier league club (more so a rich top 6 club) who expects the UK Government to pay 80% of their staff wages in this crisis is nothing short of an absolute disgrace. The government has businesses to support who actually need it to prevent them having to otherwise make their staff redundant.

LFC would not be making these staff redundant if the government support was not there, so they should not be taking advantage of the scheme. Simple as that. 

I agree 100%

mike ashley was the first to do this. mike ashley also has took full payments off fans for next season already. As well as trying to keep his tatty stores open and putting the prices up during this outbreak. He even stopped showing online classic games on the NUFC website https://www.themag.co.uk/2020/04/mike-ashley-pulls-the-plug-on-saturday-3pm-retro-newcastle-united-matches-online-for-fans/

I'm very close to chucking in everything to do with the premier league, as much as i love the football. The greedy bastards involved are ruining the game.  

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I'm very close to chucking in everything to do with the premier league.

Exactly how I feel. 

Only really come back to watching more of it over the last few seasons but I’m not sure it can ever be the same after this.

So much of it stinks. 

• Like 2
On 4/4/2020 at 10:29 PM, Perisic said:

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/52165826

This is shocking, have they lost their minds. Change this asap! Jesus fucking Christ.

LFC have changed their minds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52191140

I doubt the FCB in charge at Newcastle United will

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

The sour taste remains though.

There is only one acceptable way through this and surely it has to be wage cuts for playing staff??

If 75% of every quid ends in a players pocket it is the biggest treasure chest.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, newcastle roy said:

Too late to repair the immense reputational damage this has done to the LFC brand. They’ve only reversed their decision because they were shamed into it. An embarrassment and a humiliation for this once great club

On 4/5/2020 at 8:10 PM, Royston Vasey said:

The FA have to make the current season null and void. It’s the only option. Cancel everything and start again in August. Reboot. 

What is going to change in August though? I have no idea whether I will be able to renew my season ticket as I don’t know if the government will allow crowds in football stadiums in 2020. I have absolutely zero interest in watching any football behind closed doors. If United beat Norwich in the FA cup quarters then we are at Wembley for the semis. It should be a brilliant day for fans. But behind closed doors? Honestly, what is the point. 

16 hours ago, Captain Chaos said:

The sour taste remains though.

There is only one acceptable way through this and surely it has to be wage cuts for playing staff??

If 75% of every quid ends in a players pocket it is the biggest treasure chest.

Worth remembering that LFC has previous form. Remember the Tommy Smith benefit fraud scandal.

43238E9D-813A-4513-A10E-F39B6E5EF9F4.jpeg

On 4/5/2020 at 3:10 PM, Royston Vasey said:

The FA have to make the current season null and void. It’s the only option. Cancel everything and start again in August. Reboot. 

I've been thinking on this a bit and submit this proposal.  It's pretty clear that barring something dramatic we aren't going to see any more games this season played in front of crowds.  The FA could try to finish the season next fall but then they have to have an abbreviated 20/21 season or have horrible fixture congestion or some sort of combination of the two.  In my mind a bifurcated season followed by another odd season isn't a great solution.  Crowning Liverpool champions is a no brainer - they won fair and square, nobody is going to catch them.  As to the Europa League and the Champions League - let the standings stay as they are.  Yes they could have changed between but an imperfect solution is about all we are going to get.  The relegation issue is the thorniest.  Norwich City is almost certainly a dead duck  but Aston Villa and Bournemouth have plausible arguments that they would play their way out of relegation.  So maybe just leave all three clubs up and call it a day but...

Leeds, West Brom, Fulham and Brentford have arguments they would have been promoted.  So freeze the standings, and promote the top three with no tournament.  Expand the EPL by three clubs for one season and try to start 20/21 more or less on time and finish it more or less as designed.  Yes it's imperfect but I think my idea is as fair to the clubs and as good for the league and the game as I can come up with.

• Like 3