Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

Recommended Posts

I know there’s a lot at stake (football wise) for Liverpool fans but I can’t see a scenario playing out that allows this season to finish.

I’m struggling to see a scenario where English football is played in front of a crowd in 2020 at all. The impact will be huge for many clubs and many fans of all teams will miss out on something very important to them. 

It’s true that sport pales into insignificance but it’s also true that it is a major part of people’s lives.

You have to wonder just how this will change the face of the game from top table to bottom. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the hardest part for match going fans is staying at home to watch meaningful games feel meaningless behind closed doors. Even the pubs aren’t open to go to. 

Could you imagine if the police and emergency services had to use resources to ensure crowds of fans did not congregate. Let alone using health professionals for testing 300 people at every behind closed doors match. 

Football will feel meaningless to me until crowds return. Which won’t be until 2021. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think the hardest part for match going fans is staying at home to watch meaningful games feel meaningless behind closed doors. Even the pubs aren’t open to go to. 

Could you imagine if the police and emergency services had to use resources to ensure crowds of fans did not congregate. Let alone using health professionals for testing 300 people at every behind closed doors match. 

Football will feel meaningless to me until crowds return. Which won’t be until 2021. 

 

 

 

 

 

I agree! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By and large I don’t think the players will want to play at the moment. 

The thing that does seem crazy is why anyone needs to put a timescale on it?? 

No way next season starts on time so just push everything back until football can start again. End this season, break and begin the next. 

Maybe the start and end dates for football changes forever. Would that be so bad?

As another point some players will never be quite the same after a prolonged break and some will have their development put back massively. 

The things you take for granted hey. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/8/2020 at 7:43 AM, Royston Vasey said:

If the FA decide there will be no more Premiership games this season, the title can not be handed to Liverpool as it is still mathematically possible for Man City ((maximum potential points total 87) to catch them (versus Liverpool currently on 82). 
 

It would be a sham. This is obviously frustrating for them, especially having waited so long for a title, but hey that’s life.

Well by that logic: if they do that, Liverpool should be the only team that plays CL next season since they're the only team that is mathematically sure they'll end up in the top 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Perisic said:

Hate to break it to you but PSG is crowned champion.

I’m indifferent about PSG, but I do think there’s a huge amount of hypocrisy on Merseyside over this, LFC fans are clearly prioritising a football competition over health and safety. Hundreds are dying every day and they’re still bleating on about the importance restarting the season. Football is irrelevant at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No we're not. Other than some idiots and so called trolls on Twitter etc I haven't seen any Liverpool fan who is prioritising football over health and safety. You're talking nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Perisic said:

No we're not. Other than some idiots and so called trolls on Twitter etc I haven't seen any Liverpool fan who is prioritising football over health and safety. You're talking nonsense.

 Imagine that!  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

I’m indifferent about PSG, but I do think there’s a huge amount of hypocrisy on Merseyside over this, LFC fans are clearly prioritising a football competition over health and safety. Hundreds are dying every day and they’re still bleating on about the importance restarting the season. Football is irrelevant at the moment.

The only element prioritising the completion of the PL is the PL.

I know your sentiment about the Liverpool fan base but you’d be better served putting  it to one side here.

Of course there will a mindless element of LFC fan banging on about it. Exactly as there is a mindless element bleating on about why they shouldn’t win it. Both are either ignoring the suffering or preying on it to win their little game.

Neither look great do they. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Of course there will a mindless element of LFC fan banging on about it. Exactly as there is a mindless element bleating on about why they shouldn’t win it. Both are either ignoring the suffering or preying on it to win their little game.

Neither look great do they. 

Imagine that !

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TELEMMGLPICT000196401946_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqpdpCsDEHI-S5JwZr3nT67BV9ZwIsYDplfHTpZmS3UY8.jpeg

some people still cant watch it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

cometh the hour cometh DIVOCK!!

 

13279668-0-image-a-22_1557384832307.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Perisic said:

 

I must have watched this a dozen times and I still get all excited.

What saddens me: When Liverpool (when, not if) win the league, there will be no such celebration. Corona be damned.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as I cannot stand LFC I have no issue with them getting the title as it really doesn’t matter. 2020 won’t be remembered for football. 
I actually feel some kind of empathy with their fans, many or whom will be my age and have been home and away for 30 years spending thousands on tickets and travel but never seen them win the league, despite those 18 titles.

For those fans to not be allowed to be at games when you win it and have celebrations in pubs before and after the games etc is unfortunate to put it mildly. It makes me feel very very lucky with what I have experienced over the last 30 years. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all went wrong when that kid wrote that letter to Klopp didn't it.

Jokes aside, it's only football. At the very start I was selfishly thinking about the title but honestly it doesn't even bother me anymore. There are way more important things to be upset about.

I'd be surprised if we aren't awarded the title but there will be no fans celebrating, no joy, no passion. Without those things football means fuck all.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

As much as I cannot stand LFC

Except for this part of your statement, I whole heartedly agree with the rest ^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/10/2020 at 6:11 PM, doesthisbusstop said:

As much as I cannot stand LFC I have no issue with them getting the title as it really doesn’t matter. 2020 won’t be remembered for football. 
I actually feel some kind of empathy with their fans, many or whom will be my age and have been home and away for 30 years spending thousands on tickets and travel but never seen them win the league, despite those 18 titles.

For those fans to not be allowed to be at games when you win it and have celebrations in pubs before and after the games etc is unfortunate to put it mildly. It makes me feel very very lucky with what I have experienced over the last 30 years. 

Having been to every home game in the 2014 season, this is an absolute piece of cake. My supporters club even booked a party after the Newcastle game, to celebrate winning the title. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The mayor quite rightly doesn’t want any football played in London. Rose, Sterling and Aguero speak for many other players when they say they don’t want to play. Null and void looking increasingly likely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Brown Eyed Boy said:

The mayor quite rightly doesn’t want any football played in London. Rose, Sterling and Aguero speak for many other players when they say they don’t want to play. Null and void looking increasingly likely.

I'll ask again, is there not a Players Union in the EPL? You talk about Rose, Sterling and Aguero who are all multi-millionaires, who could stand to afford to lose a season or two of pay. What about the rest. 

Here Baseball owners have come up with a plan about starting the 2020 season, but nothing goes forward without the Players Union approval.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I'll ask again, is there not a Players Union in the EPL? You talk about Rose, Sterling and Aguero who are all multi-millionaires, who could stand to afford to lose a season or two of pay. What about the rest. 

Here Baseball owners have come up with a plan about starting the 2020 season, but nothing goes forward without the Players Union approval.  

Yeah there is but it’s been run by Gordon Taylor, who for forty years and he’s done the square root of fuck all in those twenty years but take a huge paycheque.

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordon_Taylor_(footballer)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this