Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

Well done to Liverpool...deserved English champions.

Klopp is an outstanding manager.

• Thanks 1

Spotted on Facebook

106536898_10164404629350487_5186280955954099511_n.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 2

Woke up this morning checked BBC

Liverpool are still TGLITW champions

it is a great day

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AMIW said:

it is a great day

yes great celebrations as well, not seen since the last increase to Universal Credit.

Looks loike they have made a real mess of the place as well....hope you will go back and clear it up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

it is a great day

Congratulations to you and all the other long-suffering fans. Well deserved.

• Like 2

thanks Jim - waited 27 years to hear INCIDENT, waited 30 years for Liverpool to win a title... 

as Bruce says "It has  been a long time coming, but now it is here

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, AMIW said:

thanks Jim - waited 27 years to hear INCIDENT, waited 30 years for Liverpool to win a title... 

As I wrote elsewhere; it's a damned shame Liverpool's great season got marred (and their celebration delayed) by the bug.  It is a wonderful team,  very likable and always a pleasure to watch (almost always anyway - everybody has their stinkers :lol:) and thoroughly deserving champions.  Congratulations and enjoy.  

Looking forward to Liverpool winning it again in 2050.

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, AMIW said:

I used to have a poster of Emlyn Hughes on my bedroom wall.

47 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

As I wrote elsewhere; it's a damned shame Liverpool's great season got marred (and their celebration delayed) by the bug.  It is a wonderful team,  very likable and always a pleasure to watch (almost always anyway - everybody has their stinkers :lol:) and thoroughly deserving champions.  Congratulations and enjoy.  

Looking forward to Liverpool winning it again in 2050.

Very true about the players and manager, really no one to hate on this team! Usually is sport, when a team wins there is always someone to hate, but I can't find it with this team.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Spotted on Facebook

106536898_10164404629350487_5186280955954099511_n.jpg

That’s class.

To be fair you just have to give credit where it’s due. They are a genuinely great side. Not as nice to watch as City but an incredible collective unit.

I think even the most ardent Liverpool haters recognise that. Saying otherwise just makes you sound a bit dim.

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Well, next year will mark 60 seasons since Spurs won the top flight. Maybe you'll be able to congratulate me :)

:D :D :D 

• Like 1

10 years iastill quite a lot but i am coming up on 50 in November. The sale of John Toshack from Cardiff to Liverpool... his picture was plastered all over my school as the most famous

former student (until i came along of course!)

crikey i am old....

checks news app - yes still Champions!

• Like 2

Seeing Liverpool win was a very emotional thing for me - in a sort of secondhand way (no cuddly toys involved).

The grandfather of my ex-husband was a boilermaker who lived with his family literally only an few hundred feet from Anfield Road stadium - in a terraced house, two up, two down, flush (!) toilet in the garden, if you could call the small strip behind the dwelling a garden. His work of 50 years had left him almost deaf. The family was hard up, but there was always money for a season pass to Liverpool games. Granddad lived and breathed football, and going to matches and having a pint or two after was the highlight of his life.

In those days - the seventies - Liverpool was still a big factor of British football. The pride he and his mates took in their side was something to behold. Because of Corona I was afraid for those fans who celebrated last night in front of the Kop gates, but I could very well understand the exhilaration that had to be demonstrated.

I think Jürgen Klopp understood some of these connections to the people of the city and what it meant to them to win after such a long time. Because their lives are as hard as ever, but football lifts them up to another plane.

They're flying high, right now.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, WhereLoveRuled said:

This is what I meant to share earlier. I've only been a Liverpool fan for a relatively short time (10 years or so) I have massive respect for the fans who have stuck by them all those years.

https://v.redd.it/a5ku8248o4751

What?  All those years when they have won how many Champions Leagues, and other domestic cups?  And many of whom will have signed up to 'supporting them' when they were winning everything in the '70s and '80s?  Stuck by them indeed.  The deal with supporting any football club should be to 'stick by them.'

• Like 1

On 6/26/2020 at 1:33 PM, JimCT said:

all the other long-suffering fans. 

Since 1990 Liverpool's trophy haul -

2 European Cups, 3 FA Cups, 4 League Cups, 1 Fairs Cup, 3 Super Cups and a World Club Championship.

Long suffering my arse (to quote a famous-ish Liverpool fan).

Ask Roy, Paulo and the various other posters on here who are fans of Villa, Birmingham, York City and other clubs I can't immediately remember, about long suffering.

2 hours ago, MagicRatAFC said:

York City

Two promotions via play offs

Four relegations

Two FA Trophy wins

er ......

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Two promotions via play offs

Four relegations

Two FA Trophy wins

er ......

And I bet every one of them meant as much to you as Liverpool's title/European Cup wins.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MagicRatAFC said:

And I bet every one of them meant as much to you as Liverpool's title/European Cup wins.

The four relegations in a rather different way! 

• Haha 1

Should maybe have phrased it different.........

• Like 1