Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

This is honestly the most insane game I've seen in years. Could and should have been 10! Adrian playing like Karius, defence playing way too high (seriously everyone can see that so why?), deflected goals - perfect storm! Grealish wow what a player. Congrats to Villa cause this is an insane win.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Went yesterday, first time in two years. An absolute fantastic day, rounded off with meeting Mo after the game in the petrol station. 

The greatest video ever made - the player, staff, fans and King Kenny singing YNWA after the game if you don't cry watching this you are probably dead inside https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news

Go ahead and kneel José. 

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Perisic said:

This is honestly the most insane game I've seen in years. Could and should have been 10! Adrian playing like Karius, defence playing way too high (seriously everyone can see that so why?), deflected goals - perfect storm! Grealish wow what a player. Congrats to Villa cause this is an insane win.

You’ve a serious problem if Adrian has to play much. You can see the defence don’t trust him. He’s like a Spanish Pickford! So erratic.

That was... interesting.  After MCs terrible start I was ready to hand Liverpool the league and just get it over with but wow.  

Some truly bizarre games already this season and I really have to wonder if the summer run, late start and fixture traffic jam isn't adding an element of chaos to the season.  In truth I'm kind of enjoying it.  Everton on top of the table and relegation bound West Ham sitting in tenth.  Good stuff really.

8 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

Wonder if you’ll go for a keeper?

That Adrian will cost you.

I think they have to. Can't trust Adrian which isn't a new problem - already got us knocked out of the CL last year. Defenders clearly don't trust him and he's a disaster behind a high playing defence. Exposed today, time and time again. Shocking really.

That being said - how on earth can you find a new keeper in one day? Seems impossible. 

Just now, Perisic said:

I think they have to. Can't trust Adrian which isn't a new problem - already got us knocked out of the CL last year. Defenders clearly don't trust him and he's a disaster behind a high playing defence. Exposed today, time and time again. Shocking really.

That being said - how on earth can you find a new keeper in one day? Seems impossible. 

Plus they’ll have your pants down if you do!

10 hours ago, Perisic said:

Finding one that could just kick the ball into row z instead of trying to pass it round his own penalty area would be a start.

Playing from the back seems to be the fashion at the moment but the opposition aren't as likely to score if the ball is halfway down the pitch or in the stands.

31 minutes ago, High As Hope said:

Finding one that could just kick the ball into row z instead of trying to pass it round his own penalty area would be a start.

Playing from the back seems to be the fashion at the moment but the opposition aren't as likely to score if the ball is halfway down the pitch or in the stands.

He’s still not as bad as Karius.

The back four look like they hate him ha ha.

13 hours ago, Patched Tube said:

That was... interesting.  After MCs terrible start I was ready to hand Liverpool the league and just get it over with but wow.  

Some truly bizarre games already this season and I really have to wonder if the summer run, late start and fixture traffic jam isn't adding an element of chaos to the season.  In truth I'm kind of enjoying it.  Everton on top of the table and relegation bound West Ham sitting in tenth.  Good stuff really.

I think you underweighted the "It's 2020" factor. No prediction is safe this year.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Perisic said:

Seriously, why not test United’s resolve and offer a few million for Romero. He hasn’t gone yet but surely will before tonight’s deadline. 

Liverpool are demanding a loan fee 'well in excess' of £1m for Harry Wilson, reports Football Insider, with the sum said to be putting off potential interested parties in the Championship.

According to the website, Cardiff, Swansea, Nottingham Forest and Derby County - where Wilson spent 2018/19 on loan - have all registered their interest in him.

Liverpool youngster Tom Hill has signed a new contract with the club.

The teenage midfielder, who turned 18 this week, only made his U18s debut in August 2019 before appearing for the Liverpool first team in their Carabao Cup quarter-final defeat by Aston Villa in December, when Jurgen Klopp's side were away at the Club World Cup.