Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

GreetingsFromBarcelona

13 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

I think he’d stick for a Europa season for sure. I do think Salah/Mane would leave and you couldn’t blame them. Only a season or two of real prime left.

If they qualify for CL (huge if) they will be bang back at it again next season though. Enjoy it while you can ha ha! 

Genuinely pivotal season!! 

Definitely a pivotal season. Can’t see many players getting big money moves this summer. Especially if owners want top dollar to sell them.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2021 at 11:27 AM, stevie54uk said:

teams which play the high intensity game like liverpool/southampton  and sheff utd(although a bit of recovery for shef utd) are suffering because of the crowded fixture list and Liverpool just havent as good as squad as either Manchester teams to compensate for injuries and fatigue, Kopp will be under intense pressure now, they cannot afford miss out on top four with the income from crowds not been there, probably why Lampard was sacked so abruptly

I feel slightly bad for Liverpool.  They have been playing at an incredibly high level for the past two seasons (and for the first part of this season)  which is both physically and mentally fatiguing.  Then they get this compressed season just about the time they pick up a fair number if injuries.  

At the end of the day Liverpool's starting 11 , when healthy, can probably take 2 of 3 in neutral ground from any team in the world with the possible exception of Munich.  

But... their starting 11 isn't healthy and Liverpool just doesn't have the depth of MC team.  It's a shame in many ways because this is a brilliant side and have been such a pleasure to watch.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Captain Chaos said:

You can’t even blame the injuries in full. No press or pace. Feels like the players are just waiting for next season. Really odd. 

My take is they are just gassed and don't have the depth to compensate for their injuries and fatigue.  They definitely look short of confidence right now.  

Keane making sense here. Bad champions. I think that’s fair. Klopp needs to stop whining. 

They’ll be right back in it next season but FSG needs to get the dosh out. Firmino is gone, Wijnaldum will be gone, Henderson only has a few seasons left. They’ve been ridiculous for about 3 seasons but it’s probably rebuild time now. Will the owners back it?? I’m not so sure. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

Keane making sense here. Bad champions. I think that’s fair. Klopp needs to stop whining. 

They’ll be right back in it next season but FSG needs to get the dosh out. Firmino is gone, Wijnaldum will be gone, Henderson only has a few seasons left. They’ve been ridiculous for about 3 seasons but it’s probably rebuild time now. Will the owners back it?? I’m not so sure. 

Sure a bit of a retooling is probably in order but this is a pretty good year to do it IMO; demand for players and transfer fees should be down this summer so it's a great time to buy and retain your players.  

Liverpool get their people back and do a bit of tinkering and they right back in the thick of things.   As it is I think is top four is likey b/c 1) not convinced by MU and 2) they will get some their now injured players back.  

People queueing up to take a dig this morning. I suppose some have been waiting 3 years, so that’s fair enough. Some total bollocks being spouted about the worst title defence ever though. Weren’t we 20 points clear of City this time last year? So that’s a worse defence of a title and that’s was only 12 months ago. Got a week now to work on the new back four. Hopefully the players will feed off the bad champions bullshit and look to end the season on a high. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

People queueing up to take a dig this morning. I suppose some have been waiting 3 years, so that’s fair enough. Some total bollocks being spouted about the worst title defence ever though. Weren’t we 20 points clear of City this time last year? So that’s a worse defence of a title and that’s was only 12 months ago. Got a week now to work on the new back four. Hopefully the players will feed off the bad champions bullshit and look to end the season on a high. 

Yeah, fair point in the City comparison.

Hard to tell if the players have almost given up for the season or whether they’ve hit the wall after ridiculous levels of consistency for 3 or 4 years.

Im not sure I’ve seen them create a chance at Anfield in the last 3 games? It’s weird. 

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

To be fair, David Moyes didn’t do a great job of defending the title after Sir Alex. 
This guy looks like he has everything all under control though. 

C0F1F410-66DB-4B26-A153-502F7F89F9E4.jpeg

Maybe he’s just resting his shoulders after lifting just about everything in the last 3 years?

Needs give himself a slap and stop moaning though. 

After 6 years at Dortmund things went horribly wrong. So after 6 years at LFC it definitely won’t get that bad...

During the winter of his final season as Manager, Dortmund fell to the bottom of the table on multiple occasions, but managed to escape the relegation zone after four consecutive wins in February. On 15 April 2015, Jürgen Klopp announced that after seven years, he would be leaving Dortmund. 

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

After 6 years at Dortmund things went horribly wrong. So after 6 years at LFC it definitely won’t get that bad...

During the winter of his final season as Manager, Dortmund fell to the bottom of the table on multiple occasions, but managed to escape the relegation zone after four consecutive wins in February. On 15 April 2015, Jürgen Klopp announced that after seven years, he would be leaving Dortmund. 

Ha ha, you may have mentioned this one before!! 

4 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Yep. Staggering to think how that happened after all the success he had at Dortmund. 

Maybe there is a burn out effect from how his sides play or maybe it was something else.

I’m a huge fan of him but I seriously think the way he’s carrying on is part of the team form issue. Losing his rag with everyone, blaming everything around him. It’s been fascinating to watch what he’s done with the team he built. Let’s see if he can come back from a tough spell.