Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

GreetingsFromBarcelona

4 minutes ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

Yeah totally agree. Only fit midfielders are Hendo, Gini, Thiago & Curtis. Wonder if that lad from Preston can play in midfield ffs.

You know you guys keep talking about The CB's and Mid's, but what about the Fullbacks? Do you feel their play is also down this year because of the circumstances you've been talking about? CB's and Mid's? 

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

You know you guys keep talking about The CB's and Mid's, but what about the Fullbacks? Do you feel their play is also down this year because of the circumstances you've been talking about? CB's and Mid's? 

Allie obviously agrees with you, big punch up with Robbo after the Leicester match. Hendo and Jurgen had to pull them apart. 

#VVD RIP

3 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Fullbacks definitely look like they’ve dropped off. Part of that is because the press isn’t there meaning the opposition is normally in shape and there’s less spaces to hit.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

At least the three of you speak some form of English! 

I'm always amazed with you guys moving to other countries like us moving to other states. Are you Bi-lingual? That's another thing that amazes me! Portuguese is a bit different than Spanish, No?   

English people are probably the most bone idle nation on planet earth when it comes to learning languages. Apparently Spanish & Portuguese people understand each other very well, even though the two sound very different to me. There’s so many ex pats here that you can easily get buy just speaking English and I’d say 75% of Portuguese speak English. I guess that’s why there’s a large number of Americans relocating here too. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Yeah Trent & Robbo have played three years straight. We’ve been lucky with injuries as our squad depth if totally inferior to other top six teams.

1 hour ago, AMIW said:

Liverpool win game shock

zero replies on thread ... no shock

:P

The trolls/multi accounts will be quiet in their parents box rooms for a couple of nights more at least I guess. 

To be clear, I don’t mean Busstop here, he’s clearly a decent guy.

Those others though, I mean literally no one even responds to them. Everyone got them on ignore?? 

• Hug 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

1 hour ago, Captain Chaos said:

The trolls/multi accounts will be quiet in their parents box rooms for a couple of nights more at least I guess. 

To be clear, I don’t mean Busstop here, he’s clearly a decent guy.

Those others though, I mean literally no one even responds to them. Everyone got them on ignore?? 

A couple of them yeah.  Zero value added.

• Haha 2

On 2/16/2021 at 10:47 PM, Johan14Cruyff said:

Trent has definitely turned a corner.

That aged well. :D

i know benefit fraud is a way of life on Merseyside, but Salah and Mane must be the biggest pair of cheats in The Premier League.

Has Jurgen taken them as far as he can? Another lamentable display.

#fortressanfield 

16 minutes ago, Patched Tube said:

Liverpool just looked... dull. No zip, no fizz, no sizzle. 

They’ve been like that for a while now. Easy to blame injuries but it seems to be much deeper than that. Definitely Klopp’s biggest challenge to get through the next 13 games without complete meltdown. The best thing of all is it’s a rebuild. That team can’t just flick a switch and win the league next season. They need big financial investment. 

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

They’ve been like that for a while now. Easy to blame injuries but it seems to be much deeper than that. Definitely Klopp’s biggest challenge to get through the next 13 games without complete meltdown. The best thing of all is it’s a rebuild. That team can’t just flick a switch and win the league next season. They need big financial investment. 

Oh I know since middle of last season something was a bit off but I kind of thought they would rally after their win in Leipzig and show a bit better today.  

58 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I really hope you actually believe that.

3 minutes ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

I suppose it had to happen in the season where everything that could go wrong, went fucking wrong. Do you have to be from Manchester to referee in the premier league these days?

What was wrong with the referee in that match? I think LFC lucky they didn't finish the match with 10. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Johan14Cruyff said:

I really hope you actually believe that.

I genuinely do. A lot of the LFC biased media believed that the ‘champions’ were the best of the PL era. Ridiculous. Any big club is entitled to win their own domestic league once in 31 seasons! But seriously, they need to move on a few players and bring new blood into that team if they want a repeat title any time soon. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

What was wrong with the referee in that match? I think LFC lucky they didn't finish the match with 10. 

His complete arrogance at not watching the monitor after giving the penalty?