Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

• Replies 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The greatest video ever made - the player, staff, fans and King Kenny singing YNWA after the game if you don't cry watching this you are probably dead inside https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news

Went yesterday, first time in two years. An absolute fantastic day, rounded off with meeting Mo after the game in the petrol station. 

Go ahead and kneel José. 

Posted Images

No internet outages reported on the south coast and other parts of England so the news that Allison is out and Adrian starts in goal is good news.

with second choice goalie kelleher out injured Liverpool pad their bench with not one but two teenage goalies

75th different centre back partnership also:( as 11 players listed as injured...

Very sad to hear about Ian St John's death. Loved to watch Jimmy and him on the tv.  Great player, too.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, AMIW said:

63rd different centre back pairing Fabinho and Kabak

And to think LFC is still in the Top 4 race. I think that's great coaching staff! 

2 hours ago, AMIW said:

63rd different centre back pairing Fabinho and Kabak

They made a huge difference. Look at them admiring Mount as he scores the winner.

Thiago’s been very impressive too, 28 appearances - 0 goals, 0 assists.

5 consecutive LFC home defeats for the first time in their history :D:D

Surely it’s time for KIng Kenny to take the helm again, (if they can sober him up).

56579FF1-62E1-4AE4-8B9E-38B0C0C921A5.jpeg

It’s a tough choice but I think that was our worst performance of the season. Don’t fancy getting Chelsea in Europe either, if we manage to get through. 

LOL. I'm Liverpool born and bred but a non football fan. Can't miss the headlines, though. Hilarious. That Everton result a short while back had me laughing out loud.  Makes me wonder again, though - why do people get so drawn to this stuff? It's like one year the team does well and the fans are over the moon - not walking alone across the Mersey and  that kind of stuff - next year they do crap and the fans are utterly dejected - but still not walking alone across the Mersey etc -  and yet ultimately the fans have zero control over the outcome whatever it is. A high followed by an a complete downer. But the highs happen about once every 30 years - or never.  It's a pointless addiction to a form masochism - pure and simple.  

1 hour ago, Demos said:

LOL. I'm Liverpool born and bred but a non football fan. Can't miss the headlines, though. Hilarious. That Everton result a short while back had me laughing out loud.  Makes me wonder again, though - why do people get so drawn to this stuff? It's like one year the team does well and the fans are over the moon - not walking alone across the Mersey and  that kind of stuff - next year they do crap and the fans are utterly dejected - but still not walking alone across the Mersey etc -  and yet ultimately the fans have zero control over the outcome whatever it is. A high followed by an a complete downer. But the highs happen about once every 30 years - or never.  It's a pointless addiction to a form masochism - pure and simple.  

It's not pointless to be a fan of any sport. I love sports in general. I support my teams to the end. You do have to stay healthy about, yes! To end up being sick over the outcome would be what I call unhealthy. Sports is the ultimate escapism of the real world.  

25 minutes ago, AMIW said:

KAbak out injured

The "Spinal Tap drummer" curse continues amongst centre halves:(

You know all the Centerback problems this year doesn't change the fact that those three attackers can't score at least one goal a match. How many times have you guys been shut out this year? 

3 hours ago, Demos said:

You sound like a bigger wool than captain chaos.