Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

GreetingsFromBarcelona

20 first team players back to work on Monday, along with 14 ex loanees and some youngsters

Players reporting for pre-season training on July 12

James Milner, Adrian, Ben Davies, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ibrahima Konate, Joel Matip, Nat Phillips, Divock Origi, Ben Woodburn, Rhys Williams, Virgil van Dijk, Joe Gomez, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Kostas Tsimikas, Caoimhin Kelleher, Sadio Mane, Mohamed Salah, Naby Keita, Curtis Jones, Taiwo Awoniyi, Marko Grujic, Harvey Elliott, Loris Karius, Takumi Minamino, Jake Cain, Leighton Clarkson, Marcelo Pitaluga, Harvey Davies, Billy Koumetio, Owen Beck, Kaide Gordon, Mateusz Musialowski, Tyler Morton, Conor Bradley.

Harvey Elliott has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool.

The 18-year-old put pen to paper on the deal at the AXA Training Centre on Friday to further extend a spell with the Reds that began in the summer of 2019.

Speaking to the club's official website, Elliott said:  “It’s always going to be there throughout the years I’m here. Hopefully it’s going to be a long time.

“There’s always going to be those butterflies whenever you put on the shirt, whenever you go out to train and play, whenever you’re involved in the club there’s always that feeling.

“Especially for me, being a Red, as well as my family – it’s nice to make them proud and make myself proud. But the hard work carries on.

“It’s always a nice feeling when you sign a new contract – especially for your boyhood club. It’s all done and dusted now so I’ve just got to focus on pre-season, get my work in and make sure I’m ready for the season.”

• Like 1

Owen Beck has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool.

The 18-year-old is currently in Austria with the first-team squad as they begin their build-up to the season ahead.

The Wales youth international will be hoping to follow up on an excellent 2020-21 campaign, which he spent with Barry Lewtas’ U23s squad.

FABINHO SIGNS NEW LIVERPOOL DEAL

Fabinho has signed a new long-term contract with Liverpool.

The midfielder put pen to paper on fresh terms at the Reds' pre-season training camp in Evian on Tuesday.

"I'm delighted to have signed a new contract with the club," Fabinho told the club's official website. "Since the beginning of the conversation, I was really positive about it because it's what I wanted – staying in this club, keep playing for Liverpool. Now this is official and I'm really happy.

"These last three seasons I've been really happy here. I learned a lot with the manager, with all the staff, with the boys as well.

"We achieved things together and for me I think it's the best place to be, the best place to keep growing, to keep learning from the staff, from the boys. Hopefully we will keep achieving good things."

Out for quite a while, in follow up preseason game Curtis Jones left with a blow to the head

over the two games everyone got a Run out apart from Adrian, nat Phillips and shaqiri

7 hours ago, DarknessandHope said:

Liverpool defender Virgil van Dijk has signed an extended contract with the club. The new contract runs until the summer of 2025. 

I understand you want to get the guy under contract, but why not wait to see what he can do on the field. Baseball teams do this a lot, rewarding contracts for past experience in lieu what's ahead. This very easily could turn bust for LFC   

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

I understand you want to get the guy under contract, but why not wait to see what he can do on the field. Baseball teams do this a lot, rewarding contracts for past experience in lieu what's ahead. This very easily could turn bust for LFC   

His agent must be delighted. He must be 30 soon? He needs to make a full recovery from that injury. He didn’t look particularly mobile at Villa last season before the injury. He must have the same agent as Phil Jones. 

• Like 1

Liverpool: Alisson, Alexander-Arnold, Matip, Van Dijk, Tsimikas, Milner, Keita, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Mane, Salah, Jota.

Subs: Kelleher, Fabinho, Konate, Firmino, Gomez, Minamino, Origi, Woodburn, Elliott.

robertson, Jones, Henderson, Thiago, neco shaq amongst those missing

plus last seasons centre half’s nat Phillips and Rhys Williams