Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

GreetingsFromBarcelona

Finally, but it has been a long time coming, a match that lived up to its so overhyped publicity. Two proper teams playing proper football...at times it was like watching a game from La Liga it was that good. Salah was just sublime, and yes Milner should have probably walked and I thibnk Citeh would have won if he had, but a draw just seemed correct.

19 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Finally, but it has been a long time coming, a match that lived up to its so overhyped publicity. Two proper teams playing proper football...at times it was like watching a game from La Liga it was that good. Salah was just sublime, and yes Milner should have probably walked and I thibnk Citeh would have won if he had, but a draw just seemed correct.

Only thing I don't agree with is you thinking City would have won.  No guarantee of that with Liverpool sitting deeper with 10 men for 10-15 minutes, whatever it was.  Mind you Klopp is so gung-ho he'd probably have brought on an extra striker and gone for it!

8 hours ago, Shaun said:

Only thing I don't agree with is you thinking City would have won.  No guarantee of that with Liverpool sitting deeper with 10 men for 10-15 minutes, whatever it was.  Mind you Klopp is so gung-ho he'd probably have brought on an extra striker and gone for it!

I think it would have remained as a draw regardless. The same as when Chelsea knew they couldn’t afford to give LFC the 3 points when they went down to 10 men in August. As said on another thread, the 18 points available in the “top 4” head to heads home and away, will be crucial. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

However the serious assault and possible season ending injury on naby  keita by the one with the loony hairstyle and the injury to Milner took a little off a perfect day… and two more injuries to a thin midfield missing Fabinho Thiago and for the season Elliott already…

• Like 1

On 10/24/2021 at 11:11 AM, AMIW said:

However the serious assault and possible season ending injury on naby  keita by the one with the loony hairstyle and the injury to Milner took a little off a perfect day… and two more injuries to a thin midfield missing Fabinho Thiago and for the season Elliott already…

Liverpool are confident that Naby Keita has not suffered a serious injury following the challenge from Paul Pogba in their 5-0 thrashing of Manchester United on Sunday.

Keita found the opener in the fifth minute at Old Trafford and was instrumental in Jurgen Klopp’s side’s impressive attacking threat.

In the 63rd minute, however, he was forced off on a stretcher after Pogba’s crunching tackle. The Manchester United player lunged at Keita’s right calf with his studs showing.

At first, the referee Antony Taylor had only given Pogba a yellow card but having reviewed his decision on the pitch-side monitor, he changed his mind and showed the Frenchman a straight red.

As Keita left on a stretcher, Klopp could be seen shaking his head and there were concerns that the 26-year-old had been badly hurt.

After the final whistle, though, The Athletic understands Keita was able to stand and join in with the celebrations. He did not need crutches and Liverpool expect any bruising to settle down quickly.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dr winston oboogie said:

You really do not know what you are talking about jj,,,,and you cannot even spell the name of our national correctly,:(

I think I do know what I'm talking about, I'm having fun. Just like other people have fun talking about my bald head! :D

I think I can spell your national correctly, Scottishland. 

13 hours ago, AMIW said:

Fify…

elliott, keita, Milner, thiago, fabinho

god help us next season when the injury crisis Moves to the forwards

"Injury crisis amongst the coaching staff endangers Liverpool's chances for league championship"

Klopp let himself down badly in the post match Sky interview…..disputing the first WHU goal and then bleating about Cresswell deserving of a red. Huge goalkeeping error for the opening goal. VAR showed that clearly. Keeper poor for the second goal too. Cresswell got the ball so it was a good tackle, Jurgen, not a red. No comment however from the German about the blatant dive by Salah to get the free kick for the first Liverpool goal. An utterly graceless interview. Always the victims…….