Sign in to follow this  
GreetingsFromBarcelona

The Liverpool FC Thread

CIty's recent slump has brought about the possibility that LFC could chase them for 4th.

A win tonight and the gap would only be 4 points. It would be nice to get back to winning ways in the league.

Jordan Ibe to sign a new contract, chuffed about that, he's a prospect.

CIty's recent slump has brought about the possibility that LFC could chase them for 4th.

A win tonight and the gap would only be 4 points. It would be nice to get back to winning ways in the league.

As funny as it would be if City managed to finish 5th in a two horse title race, it won't happen with them having at least a 4 point lead after tonight, and then four of their remaining six games being at home.

2 hours til the BIG game

Sakho out for 4 weeks which is pretty much the rest of the season, rumours suggest Balotelli has posted another sick note so he doesn't have to sit on the bench just collects a big fat paycheck

2 hours til the BIG game

Sakho out for 4 weeks which is pretty much the rest of the season, rumours suggest Balotelli has posted another sick note so he doesn't have to sit on the bench just collects a big fat paycheck

:lol: Anybody seen or heard from Roy?

You mickey mousers could pick 11 scallies off the Kop and you will still be too good for the bunch of useless twats who are currently disgracing the black and white stripes.

• Like 1

You mickey mousers could pick 11 scallies off the Kop and you will still be too good for the bunch of useless twats who are currently disgracing the black and white stripes.

:lol:

sturridge joins balotelli in not bothering to show up for the game - no strikers in the team

Its 0-0 I tell you

2pm in Yankeeland , have beer may need it ....

no cats in my house so nothing to throw at the TV ,,,,

Wow, a goal by Allen was a shocker. Additionally, Sterling is one of the most overrated players in the Premier League at this time. His ego is ahead of his ability in the final third. LFC were lucky to avoid a penalty but overall they played decently for much of the match. Typical game for Newcastle at Anfield - losing and a man down. ;)

sterling showed up for 10 minutes thought he had earned his 200grand and after that brought back flashes of Torres!!! without sturridge I really cant see us beating Villa

seeing allen at centre forward was truly scary surely there must be someone in the reserves/youth team???

lovren brought back flashes of Titus Bramble truly awful defending and almost certainly gave away a penalty

too many of the team auditioning for a new contract or a new club the season is petering away.

a bit worried about what Chelski and Arsenal (should be somehow get past villa) could do against a team eyeing their summer trip to Bali....

• Like 1

His (sterlings) goal was alright though! Shame about the glaring misses!

Exactly, that's my point.

Mine too.

If offered £40m by anyone, snatch their hand off................

• Like 1

Considering Suarez is gone, Gerrard is mentally living in LA and Sturridge has been injury prone, LFC has done remarkably well this season. I feel confident that a FA Cup final is in the cards but I hesitate at the thought of LFC playing Arsenal in Wembley. The Gunners are clearly a superior team with a very talented squad.

2 hours til the BIG game

:lol: Anybody seen or heard from Roy?

Please don't....

As funny as it would be if City managed to finish 5th in a two horse title race, it won't happen with them having at least a 4 point lead after tonight, and then four of their remaining six games being at home.

and with LFC still to go to Chelsea its all a bit of a long shot.

But even armchair fans can live in hope.........

a bit worried about what Chelski and Arsenal (should be somehow get past villa) could do against a team eyeing their summer trip to Bali....

Flippin eck, Andrew................

it takes a special kind of pessimism to take the gloss off a potential FA Cup final!

The FA Cup is up for grabs.

LFC are one of only four teams that can grab it.

If Bradford can beat Chelsea, LFC can beat VIlla and Arsenal/Reading.

After which, there is almost an entire cricket season to look forward to.

Reasons to be cheerful, Andrew, reasons to be cheerful!

Ibe now in trouble for doing the shisha pipe thing with Sterling in London,,, Mario not involved as he doesn't leave Manchester ever ....

oh those wacky Man U fans voting for Mario as Liverpool's Player of the Year :o

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3040519/Manchester-United-Arsenal-fans-mock-Mario-Balotelli-voting-Liverpool-s-Player-Year-poll.html#ixzz3XPuR0GuB

It does seem bizarre that you can also vote for Jon Flanagan (out injured for some 15 months), Rossiter and Williams (a few minutes each in a milky cup tie) and Danny Ward who has never appeared for the first team...

Very moving to see the Kop packed yesterday for (yet again) the annual Hillsborough memorial service at Anfield.

It would be lovely to see something similar organised at Anfield on May 29th.

Regarding the muslim prayer thing.

I am 100% behind those (including LFC) that think it's a disgrace that someone should take a photograph of muslims praying at half time and call it 'a disgrace'.

But then I read a bit further, and noticed these comments from one of those that was praying:

Speaking last month, Mr Bodi, 46, from Preston, told the Liverpool Echo: "We have a small window in which to pray, a bit like the transfer window in football. Once that closes the chance has gone".

"That day, the time came for prayer and the window would have closed before the game finished so we did it at half-time".

And then I got to thinking............

If I wanted a god (which I jolly-well don't), then I would at least want him to be available 24/7, and not shut-up-shop during certain hours of the day, whilst he's having some kind of siesta.

Surely gods have the power to do unconditional love and forgiveness?

Cos after all they are god, aren't they? No need to pull up the drawbridge between x p.m. and y p.m. and go and watch Eastenders.

Sorry maybe this was one for the FC rather than the LD, but it happened within an LFC context so there you go.

Regarding the muslim prayer thing.

I am 100% behind those (including LFC) that think it's a disgrace that someone should take a photograph of muslims praying at half time and call it 'a disgrace'.

But then I read a bit further, and noticed these comments from one of those that was praying:

Speaking last month, Mr Bodi, 46, from Preston, told the Liverpool Echo: "We have a small window in which to pray, a bit like the transfer window in football. Once that closes the chance has gone".

"That day, the time came for prayer and the window would have closed before the game finished so we did it at half-time".

And then I got to thinking............

If I wanted a god (which I jolly-well don't), then I would at least want him to be available 24/7, and not shut-up-shop during certain hours of the day, whilst he's having some kind of siesta.

Surely gods have the power to do unconditional love and forgiveness?

Cos after all they are god, aren't they? No need to pull up the drawbridge between x p.m. and y p.m. and go and watch Eastenders.

Sorry maybe this was one for the FC rather than the LD, but it happened within an LFC context so there you go.

Footy players sent prayers out all of the time during the game. I really don't see the big deal in a couple of peeps prying at the game. Even if it had been during the game.