Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

GreetingsFromBarcelona

5 minutes ago, GJ21 said:

If I remember he was the reason you sold us Kelly 

He has only made 40 appearances in six seasons!!! so probably fitness but then sturridge hasn't exactly set appearance records in recent seasons either... :rolleyes: I just don't understand how you can go into a premier league season without a reserve full back on either side....

On 8.8.2016 at 11:49 AM, berlintramp said:

Liverpool lost against Jürgen's old club Mainz 0:4, so that puts the Victory against Barca in perspective.

A day later with a very different line-up. That match meant as much as the Barça match: nothing.

6 hours ago, Mission Man in AZ said:

Put together two good attacking teams with two very dodgy defenses and you get games like this! :)

Yet another most entertaining match from the best league in the world ( apart from the Championship )

4 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

Yet another most entertaining match from the best league in the world ( apart from the Championship )

Took you longer than I expected. ;) But what do you mean by "yet another"? I watched 5 PL matches this weekend, the only one that fully entertained me was Arsenal v Liverpool. Yet the best match I saw this weekend was Dortmund v Bayern. Less goals, but better football and eventhough it was just for the Supercup, more intensity.

16 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

Took you longer than I expected. ;) But what do you mean by "yet another"? I watched 5 PL matches this weekend, the only one that fully entertained me was Arsenal v Liverpool. Yet the best match I saw this weekend was Dortmund v Bayern. Less goals, but better football and eventhough it was just for the Supercup, more intensity.

I guess you never seen the result earlier, Champions Leicester City got beat off relegation favs Hull City.

That would never happen in the Spanish, German, Italian or French leagues. that's like Real Madrid getting beat off say Eibar ? That match will most likely end up in a 6 or 7 goal win for Real. Or Bayern Munich getting beat off Ingolstadt ?

Never happen !  Bayern are 1/7 favs to win that league btw not a two horse race like La Liga but a one horse race :lol:

The list of classic premier league matches over the years is endless.

The fact that you watched Five matches from the Premier League this weekend shows why it's the best and most watched league in the world.

I think you and the boogie man are confusing what i say..

best league Premier League

best teams..Spain by a tatty field ;)

31 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I guess you never seen the result earlier, Champions Leicester City got beat off relegation favs Hull City.

That would never happen in the Spanish, German, Italian or French leagues. that's like Real Madrid getting beat off say Eibar ? That match will most likely end up in a 6 or 7 goal win for Real. Or Bayern Munich getting beat off Ingolstadt ?

Never happen !  Bayern are 1/7 favs to win that league btw not a two horse race like La Liga but a one horse race :lol:

The list of classic premier league matches over the years is endless.

The fact that you watched Five matches from the Premier League this weekend shows why it's the best and most watched league in the world.

I think you and the boogie man are confusing what i say..

best league Premier League

best teams..Spain by a tatty field ;)

I'm not disagreeing with you. But the reason why I watched so many PL matches this weekend is because nothing else was on. ;)

I also agree that La Liga is a two horse race between Barça and Atletico. ;)

I don't agree that upsets never happen in Spain or Germany. I remember Barça getting beat by newly promoted Numancia on the first matchday in 2008. Yes, long time ago, but it did happen. ;) And aren't Leicester the first PL champions to lose on the first day of the season? So it's not like that happens every year in England.

And I don't confuse anything. I never said the PL wasn't the best league, because I know how you define "best" in this case. I agree with you there as well.

What I find funny, though, is that when a new season starts, there are supposedly 5 or 6 teams in the PL that "can win it". Then people go on and name Arsenal, Liverpool, Tottenham... Like these have any more chance at winning the PL than Sevilla or Villarreal in Spain or Dortmund or Schalke in Germany. Leicester was an anomaly. This year it will be United, City or Chelsea again. The teams with the money. Same as in any other league. The PL just has one or two more than Spain or Germany.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GJ21 said:

Watched the second half in a bar in Sarajevo Bosnia.

Amazing site inside the pub

, 6 Liverpool, 7 Man Utd, and 2 Man City plus an odd Everton 

Not one of them was English 

I bet everyone of them said that their dad was from Liverpool or Manchester and they have been fans for life :D

I think they just align themselves with winning teams , you can pick up fake copy shirts from nearby Turkish market for €15 euros 

Apart from the Everton one , he said he was given it 3 yeas ago by a vsiting fan in the pub when Everton were one of the matches shown .

I'm glad they enjoy the Premier League , incredible city and people who have had a shit time of it, 

3 minutes ago, GJ21 said:

I think they just align themselves with winning teams , you can pick up fake copy shirts from nearby Turkish market for €15 euros 

Apart from the Everton one , he said he was given it 3 yeas ago by a vsiting fan in the pub when Everton were one of the matches shown .

I'm glad they enjoy the Premier League , incredible city and people who have had a shit time of it, 

I doubt you'll see many Leeds Utd shirts there.