Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

GreetingsFromBarcelona

DISGRACEFUL

Don't worry Andrew, your other team survived for another season, so 6 points in the bag for your make-e-on team :lol:

Nice goal from Crouch, was it the 5th or 6th :lol:

makes him the highest scorer of headed goals in the PL(47), to be fair its a great achievement..

52 years since liverpool let in six goals, nearly as long as your other team have gone without winning a domestic pot.

Now that's "disgraceful"

Not be best way for stevey gee to end his LFC career, still finished top goalscorer, why he didn't get another year is beyond me.

Very pleased for all Newcastle fans (bar one immature person) that they managed to stay up.

As for the Gerrard thing I see the high-heeled and lipsticked-bitches are out in-force tonight, even if I cant read half of them (which is quite nice really).

I guess the poor so and so will just have to settle for the freedom of the City, a Champions League medal, a beautiful wife and three beautiful daughters, a financially secure future, a potential return to Anfield as anything he wants, plus a few years in LA.

Its a tough life really, when he could be making bitter posts on a side-forum of a Springsteen website instead, like these people above who of course have a 'proper' life.

:D

Re: the 6-1 it's only a game lads, chill out.

MUFC ship six around once per season to someone.

As of the 2015-16 competition, if the winner of the FA Cup qualifies for the UEFA Champions League or the UEFA Europa League via the domestic championship, by Regulation 3.04,[2] the highest ranking non-qualified league club qualifies, taking the lowest Europa League spot (the League Cup spot – the League Cup inherits the League spot, and the League inherits the FA Cup spot).

normally before this you had

fa cup winner to group stage

5th place in league to play off

league cup winner 3rd qualifying round (but chelski gave up this spot already)

but the rule at the top says to me that of arsenal win the fa cup

that the league cup winner spot (Southampton) gets the worst spot ie 3rd qualifying round

then the fa cup spot (Liverpool) gets the play off spot

and the 5th in league spot (spurs) goes straight to group stage

so I think they enter in the reverse of the way they finished in the league when all is said and done

if though villa win the cup it is they not spurs who go straight to the group stage

spurs as 5th in the league the play off

and Liverpool end up playing late july in the 3rd qualifying round

That was absolutely shambolic football played by Liverpool today! Probably the worst match I have ever seen LFC play in my entire life.

Now normally I don't care much for Gary Neville or think that highly of him but this article I found today about LFC seems pretty spot on if you ask me.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11623307/Liverpool-are-stuck-in-the-past-and-in-danger-of-becoming-a-provincial-club.html

Even "thisisanfield.com" agrees with Neville ;)

http://forums.thisisanfield.com/threads/liverpool-are-stuck-in-the-past-and-in-danger-of-becoming-provincial-club.18281/

Its only a game GfV, don't get too upset or hysterical about it.

Especially as you are not an LFC fan.

Watch some TV or something...............(not Match of the Day).

• Like 1

Its only a game GfV, don't get too upset or hysterical about it.

Especially as you are not an LFC fan.

Watch some TV or something...............(not Match of the Day).

:lol: Thanks for the tip Joadboy. I couldn't possibly be upset. I'm currently staying with my family in Barcelona and partying with thousands of supporters, I had the privilege of attending yesterday's match and was able to see Barca's La Liga title, and most importantly "send off" my favorite player Xavi in style. No Joadboy, I'm not upset or hysterical at all.

Bottom line is, I feel bad for the current state of LFC. If you remember I told you before about the couple of years I lived with a girlfriend in Aintree, Merseyside. She was and still is a Liverpool supporter and I used to go with her to matches at Anfield. In those days (2005 - 2007) the team was experiencing great success and I was very happy for my girlfriend and all the other supporters. Even though I'm Barcelona through and through, I developed a soft-spot for Liverpool over the course of two years living in Liverpool.

I hope you guys have better success next year. :)

Meanwhile, MUFC finish a weak fourth and have the nerve to call it a "Rising"

How times change...........

After last season how could it not be?

Wasn't this seasons original LFC thread called the "never to over-achieve again" thread?

Important from a point of view of continuity not to bullet Brendan. No point changing managers every other season. I would suggest the owners leave him in situ for at least another season to rebuild the squad and repair the decimated confidence. :D

£115M spent on new players last summer........can't imagine there will be much in the kitty this year unless someone pays way over the odds for Sterling.

As for the Gerrard thing I see the high-heeled and lipsticked-bitches are out in-force tonight, even if I cant read half of them (which is quite nice really).

I guess the poor so and so will just have to settle for the freedom of the City, a Champions League medal, a beautiful wife and three beautiful daughters, a financially secure future, a potential return to Anfield as anything he wants, plus a few years in LA.

Of course he has a great life but you must be completely deluded if you think the Chelsea match and the Palace match from last season do not haunt him every single day.

You can add the turmoil that he leaves your club in to that list also.

• Like 2

Of course he has a great life but you must be completely deluded if you think the Chelsea match and the Palace match from last season do not haunt him every single day.

Especially considering he said in a bbc football focus interview several years before last seasons events that not winning the league plays on his mind most nights when trying to get to sleep.

Especially considering he said in a bbc football focus interview several years before last seasons events that not winning the league plays on his mind most nights when trying to get to sleep.

Maybe Anderson could lend him one of his four PL medals :)

You mean three PL medals don't you C4G?

No.

But even if I'd been wrong that's still 3 more than Slippy G :)

apparently spurs are already in Malaysia and have only sold 19K tickets for their game that is the subject of the planned boycott by local fans who don't want to see money grabbing, shirt selling premier league teams - Liverpool play at the same ground which holds 80K in July.

John Carver heavily tipped to take over from Brendan this summer at Anfield (now that Brendan has received the dreaded vote of confidence from the Americans).

6/1 Steve Bruce.

Odds for Roy Keane?

or Gary Neville? :D :D