Greasy Lake Community

The Liverpool FC Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The greatest video ever made - the player, staff, fans and King Kenny singing YNWA after the game if you don't cry watching this you are probably dead inside https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news

Went yesterday, first time in two years. An absolute fantastic day, rounded off with meeting Mo after the game in the petrol station. 

Go ahead and kneel José. 

Posted Images

https://nyti.ms/2LjZVEl

How an Italian Disco Hit Became Liverpool’s Champions League Anthem

[H]ow a slice of 1980s Europop became a 21st century Anfield anthem, is a story about the power of YouTube, about the internationalization of the fan experience and about how a melancholy song about the pain of growing up has, three decades on, been given a new life by soccer’s digital culture.

Respect to all of the LFC fans who have made the trek to the Ukraine. It cost me well over a grand to do the Moscow final in 2008 and I will be surprised if many fans have forked out any less than that to get to Kiev. Most probably a lot more. I would expect most have had to get connecting flights etc and long road trips, and it is an absolute ordeal for what should be a great experience – but as a hard core fan you just have to be there. I know that. 

I genuinely feel sorry for those who had their flights cancelled. Same happened to me the day before Rotterdam 91 and I got no refund back then as the firm went bust, and then I paid double again last minute on the day to fly with another travel operator. I had to as ticket was part of the package. 

So if they win, congratulations to all of the fans who have gone to the game or been denied the chance to get there.  

And if Klopp becomes the first PL club manager since the legendary Roberto Di Matteo to lift the CL trophy then I say big congratulations to him too. Now only a proper clown would lose six consecutive cup finals, so maybe he is due a change of luck.

I hope that jinxes him – not that Jonah Klopp needs it!

• Like 1

I must admit, i don't like Liverpool FC, never have never will. 

Every time i bumped into their fans in the 80s  never ended good... of course not many fans from every club in the 80s were friendly :D

( stanley park is well named btw )

I also must admit, I've had a canny bet on LFC to win this, the football they have played this season has simply been brilliant, i can see them out scoring Real Madrid.

If Liverpool start the match like they did against Man City and Roma at home...

I hope Madrid will put two men on M Salah then the game is over, Liverpool will win easy, i just can not see Real Madrid stopping Liverpool from scoring, Ramos will lose the plot and get sent off.  Thats my plan:D

I'm really looking forward to the match, it could be a classic, i hope it is.

Liverpool 3-1

2 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

I must admit, i don't like Liverpool FC, never have never will. 

Every time i bumped into their fans in the 80s  never ended good... of course not many fans from every club in the 80s were friendly :D

( stanley park is well named btw )

I also must admit, I've had a canny bet on LFC to win this, the football they have played this season has simply been brilliant, i can see them out scoring Real Madrid.

If Liverpool start the match like they did against Man City and Roma at home...

I hope Madrid will put two men on M Salah then the game is over, Liverpool will win easy, i just can not see Real Madrid stopping Liverpool from scoring, Ramos will lose the plot and get sent off.  Thats my plan:D

I'm really looking forward to the match, it could be a classic, i hope it is.

Liverpool 3-1

I could see either side winning easy or winning tough.

Personally, I think the lack of squad depth at Liverpool will cost them. Legs will tire badly. Madrid may have to come from behind to do the job but I just think they’ve too much quality and experience.

Incredible job that Klopp has done to get them there and still finish top 4 given how little they’ve got outstide the starting 11.

1 minute ago, Captain Chaos said:

I could see either side winning easy or winning tough.

Personally, I think the lack of squad depth at Liverpool will cost them. Legs will tire badly. Madrid may have to come from behind to do the job but I just think they’ve too much quality and experience.

Incredible job that Klopp has done to get them there and still finish top 4 given how little they’ve got outstide the starting 11.

I'm convinced Liverpool will win, Real Madrid were very lucky to get to the final...yeah i know ..great teams dont play well and still win..

As good as Real Madrid are I think they are coming to the end of their dominant period, Ronaldo is the key, if he is on fire then the game is anyone's, if he is not 100% Liverpool will win.

I'm honest in saying I did not rate Klopp, but he has proved me wrong, he's got a great team together ..still not good enough to win their main goal, the Premier League..yet

But the champions League...

22 minutes ago, newcastle roy said:

still not good enough to win their main goal, the Premier League..yet

But the champions League...

2014 was their chance to win the PL. They had to take it. I had a feeling it would be a one-off at the time and it proved to be so. 6th, 8th, 4th and 4th followed. They can’t even finish above Uniteds worst team for 30 years :D

6 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

2014 was their chance to win the PL. They had to take it. I had a feeling it would be a one-off at the time and it proved to be so. 6th, 8th, 4th and 4th followed. They can’t even finish above Uniteds worst team for 30 years :D

I agree.

Liverpool are a Cup team no doubt about that at all.

They beat Man City in the league and get beat off WBA ..

Do you think Liverpool win win the Champions League tomorrow Neil ?

13 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

But City can can’t they??

By quite some distance too.

1 minute ago, AMIW said:

if you have a babel fish handy it would translate to

Does This Bus Stop at 82nd st?

you should have just said you were taking the piss out of man utd. i would have got that:D