Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific thread.......my first ever 'gig' was the Floyd at Wembley Arena (then called the Empire Pool Wembley) must have been I think 1975........Wish You Were Here had been released. They played DSOT

I think Animals is their most underrated. Love that album...

Brilliant show from Roger in Lisbon on Sunday night. Can't say too much as it would include spoilers but it is a feast for the senses. Great setlist, brilliant playing, impeccable sound and amazing li

Posted Images

12 hours ago, Flea said:

Not gonna happen as long as Gilmour feels perpetually wronged.  The four of them would have essentially had a personal Mint had they continued after Live 8, and THAT did not happen.

It was a joke, of course. Unfortunately, no reunion will ever happen. They too old, too rich, and too egotistic (although Nick would be onboard, according to a Swiss interview I’ve just read).

• 4 weeks later...

So Rogers take on the the soldiers tale is out and I have it on now! 

I am not at all familiar with this price of work , but it’s essentially a classical album with roger narrating the text / I guess you could call it a poem , to which I believe he has added more content. 

Its interesting in this context so far , but I am not sure it will get repeated listenings.

I think alice cooper has done the same with “peter and the wolf”  not that I have heard that , but I expect it’s good in its own context if you like Alices work and style of things. 

Still it’s another release from 75 year old who was quiet for 10 years or so (if you count his ca ira opera as a release) before the last couple of years. 

2F442EFF-6BEA-4FF2-A477-31A03233BB9A.jpeg

• Like 1
On 10/28/2018 at 7:58 PM, ukjohnney said:

So Rogers take on the the soldiers tale is out and I have it on now! 

I am not at all familiar with this price of work , but it’s essentially a classical album with roger narrating the text / I guess you could call it a poem , to which I believe he has added more content. 

Its interesting in this context so far , but I am not sure it will get repeated listenings.

I think alice cooper has done the same with “peter and the wolf”  not that I have heard that , but I expect it’s good in its own context if you like Alices work and style of things. 

Still it’s another release from 75 year old who was quiet for 10 years or so (if you count his ca ira opera as a release) before the last couple of years. 

2F442EFF-6BEA-4FF2-A477-31A03233BB9A.jpeg

It's an interesting listen... Not really a Roger album as such but a lot of fun.

• 3 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Saw the Australian Pink Floyd Show in Cardiff last night.  5000 seat arena.  Sold out.

Was truly brilliant.  Epic production, sound, and musicianship.

Highly recommended. 

I saw them some times ago. They were brilliant indeed!

highly recommended, I couldn’t agree more!

• Like 2
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/26/2019 at 3:04 PM, ukjohnney said:

Have people seen this, David gilmours guitars go up for auction,  including the famous black strat! 

Get ready to raid those bank accounts :D

Here’s the link to Christies site! 

https://www.christies.com/features/David-Gilmour-legendary-Black-Strat-comes-to-auction-9637-3.aspx?cid=EM_SEM|ACCT:ChristiesSingleOwner|CMP:16980LIVEWallJun19GenUK|AG:GilmourAuctionBroad|ENGINE:GOOGLE|NT:SEARCH|RG:UK|BANNER:|IMG:|KW: gilmour auction|MT:b|SID:16980%3Frnd%3D1

First I heard this.....cannot believe Dave is parting with these. Hope "Black Strat" goes someplace where people can see it (RnR HOF), rather than private ownership (unless me!):D

• 4 weeks later...

David’s live at Pompeii is all up on you tube!   I have the dvd, but some of you might like to see it if you haven’t already!  Maybe he’s drumming up extra interest in his guitar auction , not that he needs it I am sure!  

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2019 at 2:09 PM, Mocker said:

First I heard this.....cannot believe Dave is parting with these. Hope "Black Strat" goes someplace where people can see it (RnR HOF), rather than private ownership (unless me!):D

So the sale was yesterday,  

total raised - $24 million ,  the Black Strat went for $3.9 million , that’s the most for any guitar at auction ever,   One of the acoustics also set a record for the most money for an acoustic guitar.

Money goes to charity (mate) ,  and also in the name of decluttering his house!

https://www.nme.com/news/music/david-gilmour-guitar-sells-world-record-amount-auction-2511676

• Like 1