Greasy Lake Community

Rogers film of the recent wall tour will get a worldwide cinema release on the 29th of sept! This will be great!! Hi def and great sound.

It's also in the middle of David's solo tour and I guess around the time of his new album release!

This years shaping up quite nicely for floyd related stuff.

Also there is this floyd bookazine ( their words not mine)

http://www.uncut.co.uk/uncut-editors-diary/revealed-the-ultimate-music-guide-to-pink-floyd-67754

• Like 2
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific thread.......my first ever 'gig' was the Floyd at Wembley Arena (then called the Empire Pool Wembley) must have been I think 1975........Wish You Were Here had been released. They played DSOT

I think Animals is their most underrated. Love that album...

Brilliant show from Roger in Lisbon on Sunday night. Can't say too much as it would include spoilers but it is a feast for the senses. Great setlist, brilliant playing, impeccable sound and amazing li

Posted Images

Rogers film of the recent wall tour will get a worldwide cinema release on the 29th of sept! This will be great!! Hi def and great sound.

It was about time! Great news!

By the way, Amused to death is being re-released this July. (Interview with some hints to a "real" new record being in progress)

• Like 1

Excellent album! Hopefully, Amused To Death makes it's way onto Re-mastered 180 Gram Vinyl :wub:

r012.jpg

I think it's coming on 200g vinyl, ............ It might be in one of my previous posts!

Just for you !

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00UIULKDI/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=15121&creative=390961&creativeASIN=B00UIULKDI&linkCode=as2&tag=pinfloaflegli-20

Apologies for harping back to The Division Bell but boy oh boy is this an outstanding album.

I have just given it full blast in the car this afternoon and from the opening of Cluster One to the grande finale of High Hopes (with interestingly another sort of DSOTM ending to the record if you turn the volume up for the last 30 seconds - reference ''there is no dark side of the moon - as a matter of fact it's all dark''.

This is awesome music - right out of the top drawer - and although I guess fans always talk about WYWH, Dark Side, and The Wall being the iconic Floyd albums (no argument there), the Division Bell runs them close in my opinion. It has to be played loud....this is no background dinner party stuff (which sublime though it is I think The Endless River is that type of record).

An absolute gem.

I have to get to Gilmour's Royal Albert Hall shows in the Autumn, come what may, come whatever black market price !

• Like 2

Apologies for harping back to The Division Bell but boy oh boy is this an outstanding album.

I have just given it full blast in the car this afternoon and from the opening of Cluster One to the grande finale of High Hopes (with interestingly another sort of DSOTM ending to the record if you turn the volume up for the last 30 seconds - reference ''there is no dark side of the moon - as a matter of fact it's all dark''.

This is awesome music - right out of the top drawer - and although I guess fans always talk about WYWH, Dark Side, and The Wall being the iconic Floyd albums (no argument there), the Division Bell runs them close in my opinion. It has to be played loud....this is no background dinner party stuff (which sublime though it is I think The Endless River is that type of record).

An absolute gem.

I have to get to Gilmour's Royal Albert Hall shows in the Autumn, come what may, come whatever black market price !

Further Division Bell love makes me smile ear-to-ear. Great post!

• Like 1

I picked up the remastered Division Bell this weekend. Followed it with the Pulse DVD, start to finish. Incredible.

Trivial note, the guy that did the lights and stage design for Floyd used to work for Bruce. Until Landau fired him. Marc Brickman. Genius.

• Like 1

I saw Pink Floyd at the Spectrum in Philly in 1977 during the Animals tour. It was the only show that ever started at precisely the time indicated on the ticket. 8 p.m. Half of the people were still out in the concourse area when the show started. The only thing from the show that I remember is the inflatable pig that traveled across the arena.

I found this little write-up of the show-

31. Pink Floyd Performs "Animals" June 29, 1977 Pink Floyd bassist Roger Waters performs while sick. After the preshow medication starts to wear off, he cannot return to the stage for the encore. He claims the experience of trying to play on the medication made his hands "feel like two balloons." He used the "numbing" performance at the Spectrum as the inspiration for the Pink Floyd classic hit, "Comfortably Numb."
  • Like 2

Anyone see Aussie or Brit Floyd?

I've seen Brit Floyd twice over the last 3 or so years and they've been sensational. Now being as young as I am I never even got to experience the later Gilmour and Co line up but my uncle who's fav band is PF and who saw them live numerous times say Brit Floyd give them serious competition for quality of performance.

Anyone who does care, Brit Floyd are due to announce UK tour dates this week for later this year. I for one will be there

Thanks to Promise 61's post above, I have just ordered the Pulse dvd........and with Atom Heart Mother and The Wall cds having arrived over the last few days........AND a mate out of the blue offering me a stalls seat at the Albert hall on Sept 23rd, it's been a complete Floyd love in !

Now we come to Animals and where we'd rank it.

I gave it a full blast over the weekend - have always enjoyed it ever since it came out but I can never quite work out quite where it sits / ranks alongside the rest of the albums.

I think it's 5th after WYWH, Dark Side, the DB and The Wall........but others may disagree.

It moves along well - have always love Sheep, and whilst there are peaks and troughs (no pun intended) throughout, it ticks a lot of boxes for me.....but I'm not quite sure that it is a Floyd classic.

• Like 1

Thanks to Promise 61's post above, I have just ordered the Pulse dvd........and with Atom Heart Mother and The Wall cds having arrived over the last few days........AND a mate out of the blue offering me a stalls seat at the Albert hall on Sept 23rd, it's been a complete Floyd love in !

Now we come to Animals and where we'd rank it.

I gave it a full blast over the weekend - have always enjoyed it ever since it came out but I can never quite work out quite where it sits / ranks alongside the rest of the albums.

I think it's 5th after WYWH, Dark Side, the DB and The Wall........but others may disagree.

It moves along well - have always love Sheep, and whilst there are peaks and troughs (no pun intended) throughout, it ticks a lot of boxes for me.....but I'm not quite sure that it is a Floyd classic.

Glad you got some rah tickets,

Yes I agree about animals , when I listen to it its great, but I just don't get that urge so often, like I do with some of the others !

• 2 weeks later...

Nice move! Nick mason has a country house down the road from us in wiltshire uk, he has an open gardens thing each year for charity , we went last year and saw him (not to chat too though) , and all his sports cars too, it's june 6 and 7 this year I think!

Edit 4th and 5th July to be precise!!!

Gilmour vs Waters.

Who do we all prefer?

Being a young Floyd fan i'd say Gilmour all day, it was his sound that got me hooked

Please take no offence, but the last thing any Pink Floyd fan needs is another Gilmour vs Waters poll.

(and the only lyrics on "The Endless River" sum it up pretty well).

Again, I have to give love to Animals. For me, it's difficult to differentiate a favorite between Dark Side, Wish, Animals, and The Wall. And about Animals, specifically, there are some musical moments in "Dogs" that take me to an emotional place where very few other musical pieces go. Brilliant.

Gilmour vs Waters.

Who do we all prefer?

Being a young Floyd fan i'd say Gilmour all day, it was his sound that got me hooked

Depends what mood I am in and what I want from my music at that time!

Pretty much a fan of both , but maybe 60 / 40 waters over gilmour. And to be honest floyd as a unit is best!

But no it's not a new debate , or one that I need to get into today. Sorry!

.......but here's the thing......you can only take 2 Floyd albums to that desert island........which ones do you take ?

With my good lady out tonight (God bless her) I have played WYWH and DSOTM straight through at top volume (with my vocals added at various points eg during Wish You Were Here).

These 2 albums are beyond any criticism surely - quite unbelievable music - but I remain distraught as The Division Bell misses the cut !

I just say, go back to these 2 records........they must be (sorry, they are) two of the greatest albums of all time......so far ahead of there time it's frightening.