I would need the wall, but it might not be ideal for a man alone on a desert island,

I would take darkside over wish you were here.

Point taken UKJ.....but whilst on the subject of PF can someone post (because I can't) the superb interview via You Tube 'Clare Torry Pink Floyd The Great Gig In The Sky interview'.......just great........the innocence of not even realising back in the early 70s that your vocals were out there on a newly released album that was very quickly picking up sales on either side of the Atlantic.

DSOTM is definitely my very favourite album, but they all get a fair play depending on my mood. Animals used to be my go to soundtrack when I was stuck in traffic coming out of London, or just a bad day at work, period.
I'm not working right now, so it hasn't been played in a while. No work =nothing to be angry about :D

Point taken UKJ.....but whilst on the subject of PF can someone post (because I can't) the superb interview via You Tube 'Clare Torry Pink Floyd The Great Gig In The Sky interview'.......just great........the innocence of not even realising back in the early 70s that your vocals were out there on a newly released album that was very quickly picking up sales on either side of the Atlantic.

Can't remember if it was in Nick's book Or Mark Blake's ( or both) but it was interesting reading about the lawsuit.

Never will the words " I dunno. Just do your own thing" be uttered again to a session singer. Expensive mistake.

......but if there was just one song you could take with you, would it not just have to be 'Us and Them' ?

Good call, but, for me, the version of High Hopes from Pulse, or Comfortably Numb from the same album.

Very very very brief snippet of Mr Gilmour at work!!

https://instagram.com/p/2qyLnGTIs8/

The Master at work. Or just playing?

Little tip here regarding Gilmour's forthcoming shows at the Albert Hall (apologies if this is well known) and for those who didn't get tickets when they came out but still wanna go........anyway I was speaking to a guy at the venue last week at the Clapton show, he'd got himself a ticket (actually in one of the boxes) literally that day. Seems like the RAH get a lot of returns for shows, mainly in the days immediately running up to the actual show - a lot of the seats are debenture holder type things - and peeps often just return them. He said via the method of simply phoning the box office (nb use this number 0207 589 8212, not the 0845 one), he's never failed to secure a ticket at the 11th hour. Thought this worth sharing. Ref the boxes, again I'd thought they were a closed shop scenario but not necessarily so - another gig goer at Clapton said he was in a box of 8 with his son, another couple he'd never met before, and 4 single ticket holders. Apparently a good time to call each day for these returns is sort of late morning when the returns have come into the RAH in the post. Sounds like a good shout, probably starting to phone daily, 4 or 5 days before the show you want to get a ticket for.

(NB no charge for this advice lol).

(NB this thread was getting dangerously close to slipping again to Page 2 :) but not now).

So here are few snippets, rogers playing the newport folk festival , July 24th I think, newport USA not newport wales ( boo) ! Coincides with the atd re release!

Roger and nick unveiled a plaque at the poly where they first met!

http://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/roger-waters-and-nick-mason-unveil-plaque-honouring-pink-floyd-at-site-of-polytechnic-where-they-met-10281445.html

Plus there are few floyd things on sky arts 1 in the uk tonight (Sunday) inc gilmour live in gdansk , and a delicate sound of thunder live,

That should restore the post to its rightful place !

Oh dear...my second worst concert ever, after Yes, was Pink Floyd on the Wish You Were Here tour, saved only by

Ivor Cutler as support

Manchester Opera House 197?...possible that Cutler was supporting Genesis..long long time ago

75 or 76 maybe?

Why so bad? Great album!

I generally don't like to have a downer on other peoples likes...but it just doesn't seem special to me..no passion, not great tunes, not moving lyrics, not even anything " new"...but that's just me, not trying to convince you or turn you off.

Today on my way home from work. Sitting in the train, watching the city passing by in the rain, listening to Comfortably Numb from PULSE. The solo on the studio version is already great, but this tops everything. When did that come out? 1994? This should have been the last guitar solo ever because it just can't get any better. Impossible. The emotion, the pain, that Gilmour puts into this solo... Unrivaled!

• Like 4

75 or 76 maybe?

Why so bad? Great album!

I generally don't like to have a downer on other peoples likes...but it just doesn't seem special to me..no passion, not great tunes, not moving lyrics, not even anything " new"...but that's just me, not trying to convince you or turn you off.

No worries, I know what I like, and of course you can like what you like too! I just wondered if it was a bad gig , but it sounds like you just don't like them!!

Davids new album will be called - rattle that lock, some tracks have leaked apparently

Waiting, waiting!

Tickets on sale now for Rogers wall film, 1 night only, 29th sept!

Waiting, waiting!

Tickets on sale now for Rogers wall film, 1 night only, 29th sept!

Crap! Almost forgot. Thanks for the reminder. Still hope I can get tix!

Got mine for Bristol, 4 days after Gilmour at the rah!! Sept is floyd time!

• Like 1

I love Yes, Rush, King Crimson, Jethro Tull, and enjoy Genesis and other prog bands.

I hate Pink Floyd. It isn't personal, they just do absolutely nothing for me.

That's fine, each to their own! I am partial to a bit of rush myself.

But how you can "hate" floyd I am not sure. Hey ho I won't lose any sleep over it, neither will roger, David or Nick!

Laters, ukj

On Independence Day, I think it's appropriate to play Gilmour's 'appropriation' of Bruce's own masterpiece. ;)

It's nicks open gardens this weekend if anyone is in wiltshire! Saw the man himself last year!

Mr Gilmour is on bbc radio two Friday am somewhere between 6:30 and 9:30 - maybe new album news, and maybe a play of the first single?

15 secs of the title track , rumoured to be released on Friday!

In other news full trailer for Rogers wall film is here.... http://rogerwatersthewall.com

All the sense of balance you understand!