Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific thread.......my first ever 'gig' was the Floyd at Wembley Arena (then called the Empire Pool Wembley) must have been I think 1975........Wish You Were Here had been released. They played DSOT

I think Animals is their most underrated. Love that album...

Brilliant show from Roger in Lisbon on Sunday night. Can't say too much as it would include spoilers but it is a feast for the senses. Great setlist, brilliant playing, impeccable sound and amazing li

Posted Images

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

From the Floyd site brain damage....  the exhibition is starting to take shape!  Looks good just need to plan when to go! 

Careful With That Head, Eugene... Pink Floyd exhibition artefacts arrive at V&A Print E-mail
Written by Matt   
Wednesday, 29 March 2017

Division Bell head arrives at V&A for The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal RemainsWith the Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains getting ever closer (it opens on May 13th 2017, at the Victoria & Albert - or V&A - in London's Kensington) we've now been given these pictures showing the first of the major artefacts arriving, and carefully being taken into the gallery reserved for Their Mortal Remains.

As you'll see from these pictures, the item in question is one of the 'metal' Division Bell heads. With an item as large (and as precious) as this, the narrow corridors and corners found in places such as the V&A prove a tricky task. However, the norm is to use a team who are used to moving such things, and the head reached its final destination.

It's great to see this final stage starting, with the exhibition becoming a reality. Tickets for the exhibition are now on sale, and are priced at £20 (Monday-Friday), £24 (Saturday-Sunday), and concessions, including family tickets at reduced prices, are available. V&A Members go free. Advance booking is strongly advised. Tickets can be purchased using these direct links at TicketmasterSeetickets, from the V&A at vam.ac.uk/pinkfloyd, by calling 0800 912 6961 (booking fee applies), or in person at the V&A.

Whether or not you are going to the exhibition, you can enjoy the contents of Their Mortal Remains by placing your order for the 304-page companion book, certain to be an essential addition to the Floydian bookshelf, through the following links: Amazon UKAmazon.comAmazon CanadaAmazon FranceAmazon GermanyAmazon Spain and Amazon Italy. Orders placed before publication (due to be the opening day of the exhibition - May 13th) will benefit from Amazon's pre-order price guarantee - if the price drops at any point between your order, and the publication date, they automatically will charge you the lowest price.

Division Bell head arrives at V&A for The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains
Division Bell head arrives at V&A for The Pink Floyd Exhibition: Their Mortal Remains

Next >

More from brain damage, roger interview on USA tv on Tuesday next week ......

Thursday, 30 March 2017

One for our friends in the US: On Tuesday, April 4th, The Big Interview with Dan Rather has Roger Waters as his guest. The show airs at 8pm EST/7pm CST on AXS TV. In the interview, Roger will be talking about Syd Barrett, music, politics, and his upcoming Us + Them tour, which starts in North America in May. Please check your local listings for channel number and exact timings. As far as we know, this show will not be available for anyone outside the US to see, sadly.

Next >
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...
On 22.3.2018 at 11:41 PM, ukjohnney said:

Might interest some , pulse - live album - remasteredan re released on 4 disc 180g vinyl, looks quite nice I might say ,  just don’t mention it to roger waters ;)

http://www.pinkfloydz.com/pink-floyd-pulse-has-been-remastered-and-is-to-be-reissued-as-a-4lp-set-in-may/

I hope it also comes out on CD, otherwise I have to illegally download it. ;-)

17 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Update - it seems to be £88 on Amazon! 

I really really want it, but that's hellish expensive.

One of my favourite live albums.  The DVD is sensational, too.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

I really really want it, but that's hellish expensive.

One of my favourite live albums.  The DVD is sensational, too.

Imagine in widescreen on bluray...

And I know I've said it before but I can't say it often enough: "Comfortably Numb" on Pulse has THE best guitar solo EVER!! Nothing else comes close.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...

Saw Roger Waters live last night! Easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. Very emotional, sometimes almost disturbing. Couldn't help but getting all choked up during his speech starting the encore of Mother and Comforably Numb. Worth every Cent of the 135 Euros I paid.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, LeoGetz said:

Saw Roger Waters live last night! Easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. Very emotional, sometimes almost disturbing. Couldn't help but getting all choked up during his speech starting the encore of Mother and Comforably Numb. Worth every Cent of the 135 Euros I paid.

Nice!  I go in July in Birmingham in the uk.  Glad that is as good as his other recent shows! 

26 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

Nice!  I go in July in Birmingham in the uk.  Glad that is as good as his other recent shows! 

It was phenomenal!! And it seemed he was a bit testy because of the latest events in Jerusalem. He said two or three times during his speech (rant almost) at the start of the encores that he's going to shut up now, just to get going again. :-)

But like I said: phenomenal show. And the sound was as good as I've ever heard at a concert. But where's your seats? The best is to sit low on a length side of the arena.

32 minutes ago, LeoGetz said:

It was phenomenal!! And it seemed he was a bit testy because of the latest events in Jerusalem. He said two or three times during his speech (rant almost) at the start of the encores that he's going to shut up now, just to get going again. :-)

But like I said: phenomenal show. And the sound was as good as I've ever heard at a concert. But where's your seats? The best is to sit low on a length side of the arena.

Ok great ,  thanks,  I think that I am fairly low and on the side of the arena , not too close to the stage but not too far back either!  Fingers crossed that they are just right! 

His sound is always good, glad to hear it’s still the same!   It’s been 5 years since my last wall show -  wow, where’s the time gone! 

1 hour ago, ukjohnney said:

Ok great ,  thanks,  I think that I am fairly low and on the side of the arena , not too close to the stage but not too far back either!  Fingers crossed that they are just right! 

You'll be thrilled!

• Like 1