Greasy Lake Community

On 17 May 2018 at 4:09 PM, LeoGetz said:

Saw Roger Waters live last night! Easily one of the best shows I have ever seen. Very emotional, sometimes almost disturbing. Couldn't help but getting all choked up during his speech starting the encore of Mother and Comforably Numb. Worth every Cent of the 135 Euros I paid.

In Lisbon right now. Seeing Roger's show here on Sunday. Your comments have me even more full of anticipation for the performance.

• Like 2
  • Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Terrific thread.......my first ever 'gig' was the Floyd at Wembley Arena (then called the Empire Pool Wembley) must have been I think 1975........Wish You Were Here had been released. They played DSOT

I think Animals is their most underrated. Love that album...

Brilliant show from Roger in Lisbon on Sunday night. Can't say too much as it would include spoilers but it is a feast for the senses. Great setlist, brilliant playing, impeccable sound and amazing li

Posted Images

1 hour ago, riverdude2 said:

In Lisbon right now. Seeing Roger's show here on Sunday. Your comments have me even more full of anticipation for the performance.

Have a great time!  I am sure you will, do report back after the show!  

• Like 1

I’m seeing the Roger Waters’ show in 10 days in Zurich. 

It will probably be my last “meaningful” rock show. 

Can’t wait.

• Like 2

In other Floyd news, nicks formed a band to play stuff from the pre dark side albums , they played their first show yesterday to rave reviews,  a few very small shows now , but have suggested. That may tour in the autumn ,   Here’s a bit of info and a set list!    I would love to see this! 

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/nick-masons-saucerful-of-secrets-first-show/

• Like 1

Brilliant show from Roger in Lisbon on Sunday night. Can't say too much as it would include spoilers but it is a feast for the senses. Great setlist, brilliant playing, impeccable sound and amazing lighting and effects. Nice to have a 20 min intermission too. Setlist doesn't change a great deal (it's well chosen and paced) but we did get the the great closing trilogy from the current album that's not played every night ( explained in some length as to it's meaning by RW and the way we should be thinking), followed as @ sLeoGetz says above by a very emotional Comfortably Numb. 5 star show, loved every minute and we had the very best tickets at only 85 euros each.

The arena in Lisbon is a terrific venue, hopefully maybe Bruce will play there at some point.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

Brilliant show from Roger in Lisbon on Sunday night. Can't say too much as it would include spoilers but it is a feast for the senses. Great setlist, brilliant playing, impeccable sound and amazing lighting and effects. Nice to have a 20 min intermission too. Setlist doesn't change a great deal (it's well chosen and paced) but we did get the the great closing trilogy from the current album that's not played every night ( explained in some length as to it's meaning by RW and the way we should be thinking), followed as @ sLeoGetz says above by a very emotional Comfortably Numb. 5 star show, loved every minute and we had the very best tickets at only 85 euros each.

The arena in Lisbon is a terrific venue, hopefully maybe Bruce will play there at some point.

That’s great glad you enjoyed it, I have been avoiding videos and spoilers , though I do have a vague idea of the setlist!  

I have nine inch nails and Roger 2 weeks apart , so get a a fairly dark view of the world from those 2 shows,  but with glimmers of light and Hope I am sure! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Frank said:

Thanks, just bought 2 tix for his show in Zurich.

Cool! Glad to be of help.  I am really looking forward to it,  some nice early Floyd which the other 2 don’t really play anymore. 

On 5/23/2018 at 8:10 AM, riverdude2 said:

Swithered over this and thought long and hard about it since tickets first went on sale, partly due to others things going on just now, but Riverdude your review has finally tipped me over the edge and sold me on it, so on Thursday night I went and got tickets for the Hydro in Glasgow at the end of the month, very much looking forward to it.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, dr winston oboogie said:

Swithered over this and thought long and hard about it since tickets first went on sale, partly due to others things going on just now, but Riverdude your review has finally tipped me over the edge and sold me on it, so on Thursday night I went and got tickets for the Hydro in Glasgow at the end of the month, very much looking forward to it.

I think you'll be blown away. One of the best, most visually/audio stunning, thought provoking shows I've ever seen and Mrs r thought so too. Two weeks on and I'm still reliving the show in my head. Stays with you.

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Just seen Roger in Birmingham, wonderful wonderful show!!!! 

The vemon in a 74 year old man and some 40 year old songs is astonishing, beautiful production and awesome sound! 

Well worth braving broads street on the Saturday of an England victory  ;)

you can’t go too far wrong with lasers , flying pigs and trump bashing can you! 

3FCD942B-8670-434E-96E7-9A553E6B3178.jpeg

CF2B50E1-E1EB-4191-9797-FDEB6C7F7AA0.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...

Nicks back on the road, seeing him in 3 weeks in Nottingham the whole set is pre dark side so rather different to Rogers last show!  

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-mason/2018/den-atelier-luxembourg-luxembourg-23e9b483.html

Hopefully a bit like the early Floyd I never saw as I wasn’t even born! 

11 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Nicks back on the road, seeing him in 3 weeks in Nottingham the whole set is pre dark side so rather different to Rogers last show!  

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/nick-mason/2018/den-atelier-luxembourg-luxembourg-23e9b483.html

Hopefully a bit like the early Floyd I never saw as I wasn’t even born! 

See Emily play, been a long while since I listened to that:unsure:

I'm seeing the Mason's Saucerful of secrets show in a few weeks in Zurich.

I'm not a big fan of Pink Floyd's early music, but this is a chance that can't be missed.

Rogers got a “new” classical album out soon,  a reworking if the soldiers tale by Stravinsky,  not sure of much about this , but I believe Rogers rewritten parts of it and performs the vocal duties , it’s out on the 26th of Oct. 

http://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/new-roger-waters-album-stravinkskys-the-soldiers-tale-out-next.html

• Like 1

I’m sure you’ll enjoy the show. 

Mat the end of his gig yesterday he told the crowd he hopes to come back. Let’s hope so (possibily with both David and Roger on stage... ;) )

1 hour ago, Frank said:

Mat the end of his gig yesterday he told the crowd he hopes to come back. Let’s hope so (possibily with both David and Roger on stage... ;) )

If that happens you might need a bigger venue... 

8 hours ago, Frank said:

Not gonna happen as long as Gilmour feels perpetually wronged.  The four of them would have essentially had a personal Mint had they continued after Live 8, and THAT did not happen.