Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potstan

2015-16 NHL Season

But an understandable one. Mrazek's been way more consistent than Howard over the past month...

Definitely a good decision, in my opinion.

Yea, Howard's consistency hasn't been there.

In anticipation of drawing a big market team, the Lightning limited ticket sales strictly to Florida residents only, and are not allowing opposing jerseys in certain areas in the arena.

Well, after drawing an original 6 team with a huge fan base, with plenty of transplants in the Tampa area, good luck with that. ^_^

Patrick Kane has been cleared to play in Game 1. His return will be a major confidence boost for the Blackhawks. With Kane back in the roster, Chicago will once again be the team to beat in the West. This is very bad news for Nashville... Both teams enter the Playoffs on a losing streak and not playing particularly well... but Kane could easily prove to be a difference-maker.

I think you are giving the Blackhawks too much credit here....they just aren't playing well right now and, ironically, we're playing some of their best hockey of the year after Kane got hurt (8-1-1 at one point).

They have "flipped the switch" before once the playoffs start, but dunno if they can this year.

I don't think I am actually... Don't forget that they know how to win. And that's the quality you're looking for come the postseason. They have incredible depth (both on offense and defense), they have a pretty solid goalie, and - most importantly - they have the killer instinct. Hadn't it been for the Game 7 OT loss to the Kings last year (which was very unfortunate), they would've won 3 Cups in four years... I think Chicago, just like LA, is a team built for tight playoff games. I don't expect this year's playoffs to be any different.

In anticipation of drawing a big market team, the Lightning limited ticket sales strictly to Florida residents only, and are not allowing opposing jerseys in certain areas in the arena.

Well, after drawing an original 6 team with a huge fan base, with plenty of transplants in the Tampa area, good luck with that. ^_^

Now that's what I call an interesting move :D

Travis Hamonic likely will miss Game 1. Very bad news for the Isles. Should he miss more than one game (which seems likely as it is an undisclosed injury and there's no timetable for his return), it will hurt their chances significantly... With defense being their weakness already, losing a key D-man - who can also be a presence in the offensive zone - might be devastating...

All that matters is Saturday night at 8PM. The LOTTERY!

Will the Sabres get McDavid or Eichel?!?

Either way - #winning

think of it with all the ny metro transplants in Tampa area it would be same if they played the rangers or evan but lesser so with the Devils and the Isles

Patrick Kane has been cleared to play in Game 1. His return will be a major confidence boost for the Blackhawks. With Kane back in the roster, Chicago will once again be the team to beat in the West. This is very bad news for Nashville... Both teams enter the Playoffs on a losing streak and not playing particularly well... but Kane could easily prove to be a difference-maker.

I think you are giving the Blackhawks too much credit here....they just aren't playing well right now and, ironically, we're playing some of their best hockey of the year after Kane got hurt (8-1-1 at one point).

They have "flipped the switch" before once the playoffs start, but dunno if they can this year.

I don't think I am actually... Don't forget that they know how to win. And that's the quality you're looking for come the postseason. They have incredible depth (both on offense and defense), they have a pretty solid goalie, and - most importantly - they have the killer instinct. Hadn't it been for the Game 7 OT loss to the Kings last year (which was very unfortunate), they would've won 3 Cups in four years... I think Chicago, just like LA, is a team built for tight playoff games. I don't expect this year's playoffs to be any different.

We'll see....and I would love to be proven wrong. But having watched most of their games, I just don''the see it happening this year.

BT the playoffs in hockey are unlike any other sport...which is why this is the best time of year to watch it!

Pacioretty out for Game 1.

Also, Boston fired GM Chiarelli. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting that move... That said, I respect the man a lot. After all, he built one of the best teams in the NHL...

Helluva second period by the Hawks...come back from 3-0 to tie it up.

In related news, Garry is at the game, tweeting about the Predators. He was my fave E St'r.......WAS. :P

In related news, Garry is at the game, tweeting about the Predators. He was my fave E St'r.......WAS. :P

Great goaltending by Darling. And Kane played really well. He was much better than I expected him to be! As I said, the Hawks will be really tough to beat in a best-of-7 series... Even if they're not playing particularly well... you should never write off a team with so much experience...

Great game by the Isles!!! Yes, the Caps didn't played their best hockey... But the Islanders played really smart (especially in the neutral zone). Also, having Nielsen and Martin back in the lineup proved to be very important...

As far as the Montreal-Ottawa series goes, I think the Sens should have won the game. They were the better team... That said, Ottawa made too many sloppy plays and had some key turnovers. Plus, Hammond looked really nervous...

Great goaltending by Darling. And Kane played really well. He was much better than I expected him to be! As I said, the Hawks will be really tough to beat in a best-of-7 series... Even if they're not playing particularly well... you should never write off a team with so much experience...

Darling played out of this world last night.....42 saves, no goals. And some of those saves were simply spectacular.

Too bad he wasn't the goalie we were referring to earlier!!

Also, Boston fired GM Chiarelli. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't expecting that move... That said, I respect the man a lot. After all, he built one of the best teams in the NHL...

I would have expected Coach Julien to go first - he got into a bad habit this year of playing underperforming veterans while refusing to allow younger players ample time to develop. While I don't necessarily agree with this, it was a smart move firing Chiarelli immediately. It gives them plenty of time to search and keep their eyes open during the playoffs. But I actually hope they simply promote Assistant GM Don Sweeney, one of my favorites from the 90s.

My teams had a good night. Flames and Isles wooooo

Gotta wonder if Darling gets the nod for game 2 now.

Nope....just announced that Crawford is back in the goal for Game 2.

On a related note.....garry tallent tweeted that after the game, he was exhausted and felt like he had been through a E St. show. :lol:

I kinda expected that. Quenneville just wants to let Crawford know he still has faith in him. Not saying it's the right decision... but you have to trust your No. 1 goalie (especially in the playoffs)...

I would have expected Coach Julien to go first - he got into a bad habit this year of playing underperforming veterans while refusing to allow younger players ample time to develop. While I don't necessarily agree with this, it was a smart move firing Chiarelli immediately. It gives them plenty of time to search and keep their eyes open during the playoffs. But I actually hope they simply promote Assistant GM Don Sweeney, one of my favorites from the 90s.

My teams had a good night. Flames and Isles wooooo

Yeah, Julien is next in line. The Bruins need an offensive-minded coach. Bylsma would be a good choice, IMO. Just look at what Laviolette has accomplished with the Predators... As for the new GM, I agree that promoting Sweeney would be a good decision!

I kinda expected that. Quenneville just wants to let Crawford know he still has faith in him. Not saying it's the right decision... but you have to trust your No. 1 goalie (especially in the playoffs)...

I can see both sides of it....don't think there is a *right* answer, either way. I'd be tempted to let Darling start the remainder of this series (unless he stinks up the joint) and then go back to Crawford is they advance.

OTOH, there is a reason why Crawford is the #1 goalie.....he is better. Everyone has a crap day at some point.

On a related note.....garry tallent tweeted that after the game, he was exhausted and felt like he had been through a E St. show. :lol:

I saw that!

B)

The Habs-Sens series is going to get ugly now. Mark Stone has a micro fracture in his wrist after Subban's chop on his wrist last night.

PK Subban is a marked man. Chris Neil is lurking in the shadows.

You can be sure the Sens will be finishing each and every check on Subban now.

Went to the last regular season Preds game last week. Not a big hockey fan TBH, but my son and I took an overnight trip to Nashville to do some sightseeing and took in the game. Didn't realize Garry was a fan. Cool.