Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Potstan

2015-16 NHL Season

The Habs-Sens series is going to get ugly now. Mark Stone has a micro fracture in his wrist after Subban's chop on his wrist last night.

PK Subban is a marked man. Chris Neil is lurking in the shadows.

You can be sure the Sens will be finishing each and every check on Subban now.

PK ought to go suck a puck and die. He's an embarrassment to the game. But he's not to blame...the league let this happen. Subban removes a star player from the series and the punishment, all told, is that he gets kicked out of the game. HE SHOULD BE BANNED. Not permanently, but until Stone recovers fully. This wasn't an accident. The severity of the injury maybe, but the intent was to injure. And the league endorses it by letting him play. Unreal.

The Habs-Sens series is going to get ugly now. Mark Stone has a micro fracture in his wrist after Subban's chop on his wrist last night.

PK ought to go suck a puck and die. He's an embarrassment to the game. But he's not to blame...the league let this happen. Subban removes a star player from the series and the punishment, all told, is that he gets kicked out of the game. HE SHOULD BE BANNED. Not permanently, but until Stone recovers fully. This wasn't an accident. The severity of the injury maybe, but the intent was to injure. And the league endorses it by letting him play. Unreal.

Agreed. When I initially saw it, I thought the penalty was too harsh and should have been a 4 min double minor. But then I read the rule and they called it right. The butt end by Eller also could have been misconduct worthy.

Subban should be suspended. Shanahan is an embarrassment. And for Subban to have the audacity to throw his hands up when he did it to suggest "who, me?" was pathetic.

That's how Therrien operates. Cue the Brandon Prust cheap shot on Derek Stepan in the conference finals last year.

Went to the last regular season Preds game last week. Not a big hockey fan TBH, but my son and I took an overnight trip to Nashville to do some sightseeing and took in the game. Didn't realize Garry was a fan. Cool.

A business friend of mine from Atlanta sent out a group email at the beginning of the game, saying this is his first playoff hockey game, and it's so cool.

Then, when I saw the game was going into the fifth period, I did a reply all to it and asked if he's still there. He said, unfortunately! His friend is from Chicago and he has to stay.

Couldn't agree more. He's a dirty player. The Canadiens are one of the filthiest teams in the league. It's not just Subban. It's also Gallagher, Eller, Prust, Weise, Emelin... What makes me sick is that he didn't get suspended just because he's a star player... It's always been like that and it always will be (sad as it is).

Wow, what a performance by Petr Mrazek! 44 saves! That said, the Wings will have to get much better in order to beat the Lightning. They were just too slow...

Pittsburgh played a really good game (well, apart from the penalties...). If the Penguins manage to stay out of the box, the series can be a lot closer than I expected...

Wow, what a performance by Petr Mrazek! 44 saves! That said, the Wings will have to get much better in order to beat the Lightning. They were just too slow...

Pittsburgh played a really good game (well, apart from the penalties...). If the Penguins manage to stay out of the box, the series can be a lot closer than I expected...

The Rangers didnt really allow the Penguins many chances though. Crosby and Malkin were nullified. The Pens tightened up defensively. Fleury played a good game and was the reason they were in it.

Really got tired of listening to Pierre McGuire openly root for the Penguins.

I read this morning that Subban threatened Stone during the game.

Habs fans are in complete and utter denial. BUT they couldnt stop crying after Kreider ran into Price last year, even after the replay showed he was clearly tripped and lost his edge going 22 MPH.

I will be tuned into this game tonight after work.

The Rangers didnt really allow the Penguins many chances though. Crosby and Malkin were nullified. The Pens tightened up defensively. Fleury played a good game and was the reason they were in it.

I got tired of McGuire some two or three years ago... I can't stand that guy!

Yeah, I completely agree with you. Malkin had a few chances, but nothing major. Crosby was nullified completely. Fleury was best I've seen him in five years. So calm and focused. But the Rangers are simply a much better team...

Any update on Girardi?

I read this morning that Subban threatened Stone during the game.

That's insane! He should be institutionalized! God, I hope Ottawa can turn that series around and pull an upset!

I got tired of McGuire some two or three years ago... I can't stand that guy!

Yeah, I completely agree with you. Malkin had a few chances, but nothing major. Crosby was nullified completely. Fleury was best I've seen him in five years. So calm and focused. But the Rangers are simply a much better team...

Any update on Girardi?

Girardi was being seen by a dentist last night. He is on the ice at practice this morning.

Stone could play in Game 2 (he will be a game-time decision). That's good news.

Very disappointed with the way the Islanders played (especially in periods 2 and 3). They got scared off and rolled over. They weren't skating and had way too many turnovers. Plus, if you want to score, you need to shoot the puck. Also, Tavares needs to step it up. And Halak wasn't convincing either. The Caps just wanted it more...

9 goals surrendered in 4 periods for Corey Crawford.

Blackhawks have a critical decision to make going forward.

Can't see how Crawford starts game 3 at this point. Without Darling the Hawks are in an 0-2 hole right now.

The only thing I can say is that the last 2 goals were rather meaningless and seemed to come from the fact that the Blackhawks appeared to quit and were just waiting for the final buzzer.

One of the early goals against Crawford indefensible. He was blocked by a Pred player and never saw the puck.

That said, they accomplished the base goal for any series...win one on the road and gain home ice advantage.

But yeah, I think they gotta start Darling in Game 3.

The only thing I can say is that the last 2 goals were rather meaningless and seemed to come from the fact that the Blackhawks appeared to quit and were just waiting for the final buzzer.

One of the early goals against Crawford indefensible. He was blocked by a Pred player and never saw the puck.

That said, they accomplished the base goal for any series...win one on the road and gain home ice advantage.

But yeah, I think they gotta start Darling in Game 3.

I think this one goes 6 or 7.

What bothers me is Shea Weber's injury. There's been no update on his status... but if his injury proves to be serious, it will be a huge blow for the Preds...

I think Darling will be in goal for Game 3...

Lower body injury is the word right now. That's probably the most of what you'll hear.

Guy eats mintues and well.....also has the hardest shot in the NHL.

Yeah, he's the best D-man in the league. If I had to choose one player I want on my team, it would be him.

Lower body injury is the word right now. That's probably the most of what you'll hear.

Guy eats mintues and well.....also has the hardest shot in the NHL.

SECOND HARDEST. ;)

It's time for Nashville's resilience to be tested. Hopefully they can stay strong without Weber because I am so damn sick of the Blackhawks!

Reading that Weber did not travel with the team.

That's not good. Hopefully Josi and Jones can replace him...

Darling officially named starter for game 3.

As expected.

Sloppy game by the Rangers.

Kevin Hayes had a baptism by fire. He played terrible and was responsible for two of the goals Pittsburgh scored.

It turns out that terrible call against Carl Hagelin ended up making a huge difference as the Pens converted that power play.

Henrik has to position himself better in the net as well.

Didn't watch the game... but Hayes didn't play particularly well in Game 1 either. As for Lundqvist... As I said earlier, he's nowhere near as good as he was last season.

The Blues will have to work really hard to get past the Wild. But you just gotta love Vladimir Tarasenko. He's the same kind of player as Pavel Datsyuk... Both these guys are a pleasure to watch!

Also, do you think that getting to pick McDavid will mark a reversal of fortune for the Oilers? I think that unless they acquire at least two solid D-men (someone like Ekblad or Hamilton would be a huge boost) and an experienced goalie (Howard?), not much is going to change. I mean, they already score a ton of goals... but their defense is so bad that adding McDavid won't help them that much...