Greasy Lake Community

Hi all

I'm off for a trip soon and I want to make up two fantasy shows for the two journeys,I'm after some inspiration please,I kinda know what I want but any ideas would be welcome, ie Prove it all 70s start, the river from the tracks tour etc, I've decided on Radio nowhere,10th Ave, Incident,candy room, prove it all night, Atlantic City Youngstown, Lost in the flood, what shows do you think have the best versions of these songs.

I have asked else for help and received some good ideas also some silly ones, if poss please keep the silly ones to a minimum.

Thanks

Chris

Prove It All Night The Greatest Version EVER: Atlanta 30.9.1978. Also L.A. 1.11.1980 (with 1978 intro, despite not 1978 tour).

Incident every version :), but to avoid the most obvious: Philly 27.10.1976 and Dusseldorf 16.6.2005.

Others, again, to avoid the well-known and most obvious choices:

Atlantic City, Milano 21.6.1985.

Lost In The Flood, Shenectady 19.10.1974 and Amsterdam 23.11.1975. (Unfortunately, this very great Amsterdam show, in very good sound quality (for the era) is not very well-known outside The Netherlands; and a setlist almost identical to the official released Hammersmith show 18.11.1975 does not help).

NYC Serenade, Washington 3.3.1974 and Providence 20.7.1975.

Pony Boy: all 3 live versions. :D

Drive All Night: There is no greatest live version. :D

By silly I meant songs people know I would never consider and we're only put forward in a vain attempt to wind me up, Mr Crusty knows what I mean, Promise 61 I can't and won't claim to be that knowledgeable,

Thanks for some good ideas Lampi & Gus

See Crusty some people can be nice

Now what to do thunder road full band or like the first track on the 75/85 box set, and youngstown acoustic or full band.

Thanks for the ideas walk like Brando.

Crusty if I do my normal through Jack ill be so drunk ill miss my train stop :)

Now what to do thunder road full band or like the first track on the 75/85 box set, and youngstown acoustic or full band.

Jeez... what a question. When you ask this, 50% of the fans will say acoustic and 50% electric. (or 40%, or 60%, whatever). Same for electric or acoustic Ghost of Tom Joad, Born To Run, No Surrender and others. Decide for yourself what you like most, electric, acoustic, Seeger Band version, 1992/1993 version, or whatever. Think for yourself!

But I would say electric. :D Thunder Road, an electric version from 1976 or 1977. Born To Run, Thunder Road and other songs had a certain freshness in 1975-1976-1977 that in 1978 had already somewhat disappeared.

I've come to love the Tower Theater version of Thunder Road.

Amazing !!!! A Roy tour-de-force...... i need to track down that "Who'll Stop The Rain" from Norway that was just Roy and Bruce. It was beautiful !!!!

You mean this one? Oh yeah, that's jaw-dropping stuff!!!

Archived