Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

Simple thread, simply post what albums you played and, if you like, your thoughts on it!

TOTO XIV. Just a brilliant album.

I saw them on the opening night of the current European tour and they were fantastic and played 2 hours 20 mins. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I see a better show this year.

• Like 1

The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday

I read Welby's praise of this band and decided to give them a try--right before his untimely passing. I was knocked out by them, and continue to be. Love this band...

Metallica - Through the Never

That's rock and roll, baby. And by the way, "Battery" may be the greatest thrash metal song ever. Yes.

• Like 1

John Renbourn—The Nine Maidens

It's okay. I always think I'm going to like Renbourn more than I actually do.

Bruce Brubaker—Glass Piano

Brubaker's a much better pianist than Glass and I like the composition selection but I find a few of his interpretations too mannered.

Sun Kil Moon—Universal Theme

I'm not sure. And I think it's the first SKM album I haven't been sure about after a single listening, much less several. Some of that may be because Mark Kozelek seems to be losing his mind. And while I generally separate the art from the artist, at least to some extent, Kozelek's making that nearly impossible these days.

Jim O'Rourke—Insignificance

Awesome.

Muse - Drones

Just released this week, Muse are back with a "huge rock record" produced by famed producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange. Recorded at The Warehouse in Vancouver, Muse's 7th album is a concept album about the "dehumanization of modern warfare". Drones features excellent guitar work and is filled with symphonic touches and lush synth arrangements make this a very exciting album to hear.

MuseDronesCover.jpg

Lampi   

10,000 Maniacs, Blind Man's Zoo.

Rolling Stones, Sticky Fingers.

• Like 2

TOTO XIV. Just a brilliant album.

I saw them on the opening night of the current European tour and they were fantastic and played 2 hours 20 mins. I'll be pleasantly surprised if I see a better show this year.

Toto are one of my top shelf favourite bands!

This album is great!

• Like 1

Demos   

Muse - Drones

Just released this week, Muse are back with a "huge rock record" produced by famed producer Robert John "Mutt" Lange. Recorded at The Warehouse in Vancouver, Muse's 7th album is a concept album about the "dehumanization of modern warfare". Drones features excellent guitar work and is filled with symphonic touches and lush synth arrangements make this a very exciting album to hear.

MuseDronesCover.jpg

I listened to Drones today too. I actually cancelled my order of the CD from Amazon some weeks ago. Trying to save money. But earlier this week I got an e mail telling me that as part of my pre order deal the download version was ready. And so it was. Obviously a glitch in their system. It's not the first time Amazon have given me stuff for free - like giving me the download for extended deluxe copies of things when I only ordered the single disc version.

I also listened to Tom Waits Blue Valentine and Anno Domini by the Polish prog-metal band, Riverside.

Ryley Walker - Primrose Green

homepage_large.b38c7488.jpg

Its a bit John Martyn, a bit Nick Drake, a bit Tim Buckley and a bit brilliant!

• Like 2

J   

John Martyn - Grace & Danger

John Martyn - Glorious Fool

• Like 1