Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

On 7/25/2018 at 2:04 PM, SteveJhb said:

R-584013-1444143009-3942.jpeg.jpg

Oh hell yes.  One of my top 10 albums of ALL TIME. 

• Like 3

image.png.5c548c1b9283cac928e71ee157e9d02b.png

Pearl Jam - No Code

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

It was listening to the original versions of the songs that will be on the new album that caused me to rediscover You're the One, an album I'd neglected badly for many years.

Ah, I see. I have to admit its one I know well and have listened to often. The production is outstanding and it has some classic Paul Simon songwriting. Darling Lorraine is heartbreaking, but classic Simon. Old is the humorous book end to Old Friends and then the song Love... Its just stunning. I have no doubt the new version of Pigs, Sheep And Wolves will be good but the original is perfect too.

51TMT3DH2PL.jpg

I am totally obsessed with Shelby Lynne now. Seeing her in concert a week or so ago was life-changing. If you ever get the chance to see her, DO IT.

I got to meet her after the show. She was lovely.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

dire straits love over gold.jpg

God I love Telegraph Road. 

And those guitar notes to start Industrial Disease..... in GL speak, that is ESSENCE

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

And those guitar notes to start Industrial Disease..... in GL speak, that is ESSENCE

I can skip tracks on some Dire Straits albums (Walk Of Life, for instance) but when I play LoG it has to be all 5 tracks, all the way through. Sacrilege not to.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

More of a Telephone Road sort of a guy, though I do have a soft spot for the Making Movies record, not unrelated to an ill-fated romance........:(

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

More of a Telephone Road sort of a guy, though I do have a soft spot for the Making Movies record, not unrelated to an ill-fated romance........:(

Making Movies for me is a lot like Darkness On The Edge Of Town in that the live versions of the songs (where available) eclipse the studio versions by a long stretch. I mean, once you've heard (or especially watched) Tunnel Of Love on Alchemy the studio version feels like it's about 7/10ths of the full song experience

• Like 1