Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit

Planet P Project - Pink World

f564f15e1ae092cac2f635d145454e63.jpg

Some post-apocalyptic sci-fi for a sleepless night.

• Like 1

Dire Straits, On The Night. Haven't listened to it in 10 plus years, better than what I remembered but Ive just rediscovered the Straits who were an old favourite I havent returned to in a while

• Like 2

Not been around, so yesterday and so far today...

Have listened to the new album by Sam Outlaw ( Angelino ) who is getting a lot of press coverage lately for being the latest country musician, who actually sounds country.
I don't think he's yet found his own style, but the album isn't bad at all. Wonderful steel guitar on a few of the tracks and a definite 1970's country sound.
Don't like it enough to buy it, but if he doesn't stray from the path, I'll be interested to hear him in a few years time.

New album from Don Gallardo, Hickory, is getting a good few plays. Anyone who pays tribute to Levon Helm on an album is good with me.
Great new slice of Americana with a country tinge anyway.

So far today...

Guy Clark - Old No1
Randy Rogers and Wade Bowen - Hold My Beer Vol 1
Willie Nelson & Merle Haggard - Django and Jimmie.

Good ol' Country boys them all :)

• Like 1

Currently playing, Say Grace by Sam Baker.

say-grace.jpg

A singer songwriter who's incredible life story could and should be made into a movie.

Even without that, he is right up there with the all time greats for me, especially when he can incorporate Taylor Swift into his song lyrics as good as it is here:

• Like 1

TOTO XIV. Just a brilliant album.

Still haven't heard that one. Love TOTO. Kingdom Of Desire is in my top 10 albums ever. But I'm a little sad that Simon Phillips is not with the band anymore.

Metallica - Through the Never

That's rock and roll, baby. And by the way, "Battery" may be the greatest thrash metal song ever. Yes.

That whole album is full of "best version ever" candidates. Love it! Still think Metallica are by far the greatest metal band ever. Nothing comes close.

An album I just discovered and really enjoy:

Anthrax - Worship Music (2011)

Had the first three tracks on repeat today. Awesome!

• Like 2

Ry Cooder - Bop Til You Drop

• Like 1

The Hold Steady - Separation Sunday

I read Welby's praise of this band and decided to give them a try--right before his untimely passing. I was knocked out by them, and continue to be. Love this band...

Metallica - Through the Never

That's rock and roll, baby. And by the way, "Battery" may be the greatest thrash metal song ever. Yes.

Agreed Jeff!

I'm pulling this one out for a vinyl spin.......Metallica - Ride The Lightning (1984)

cover_ridethelightning_lg.jpg

• Like 2

Am completely with you on the talent of Sam Baker Newman, his music is so damn moving - incredible songwriter. Also agree that his life story should be made into a movie. I've heard him talk about it quite a bit when he's performed at the annual folk festival here (albeit during pre-performance radio interviews) that I was telling you about on the Frazey Ford thread. Amazing how he's continued to soldier on with such a positive outlook. One humble guy.

I am currently listening to Jim Byrnes House of Refugee. Just discovered him on the radio after hearing a song called Of Whom Shall I Be Afraid and was immediately hooked. A fine recording.

Little Feat-Dixie Chicken.

and Blur-Blur-their untitled 1997 album (the album with Beetlebum and Song 2).

• Like 3

Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I sit and think, and sometimes I just sit

I've heard a couple of tracks off this album and like 'em. Been meaning to listen to the album in its entirety after reading rave reviews but haven't got around to it yet.

Rush- Counterparts

Patchy album, bordering on being very mediocre.

Toto- XIV

My second favourite album of the year so far! Endlessly wonderful, the best album since Fahrenheit.

393.jpg

• Like 2

Enjoying an 80s power pop classic. Greg Kihn Band - Rockihnroll

Rockihnroll.jpg

• Like 1

311WRCDES0L.jpg

I'm missing listening to 'Sequel'. I only have it on vinyl, and right now my turntable is kaput.

Can't seem to find it on CD, so am going to have to settle for a 'Best Of', me thinks.