Glad I checked this one out.

There are a few tracks I like.

download.jpeg

• Like 1

R-8307652-1459055880-5164.jpeg.jpg

Fantastic.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/monicasdude/505.htm

Tempodrom (Berlin, Germany); June 17, 1996

Tracklist: Drifter's Escape, Shake Sugaree, All Along The Watchtower, Positively Fourth Street, Watching The River Flow, Silvio, Tangled Up In Blue, Love Minus Zero/No Limit, Friend Of The Devil, Seeing The Real You At Last, Queen Jane Approximately, Maggie's Farm, Alabama Getaway, My Back Pages, Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

DEEP: Oh lawdy me, if they could all be this good. The quality is outstanding and illustrates why a great audience recording is oft-times better than a soundboard. Dylan's performance was nothing short of magnificent at this show and the band is with him step for step. I can't recall a show with so many performances that just knocked me out. The quality leaves nothing to be desired - every rasp, growl and purr (many) of that voice is captured in all its world weariness, every note and harp blow and guitar chord and steel pluck is up front and balanced and separated and true. Go out and find this right now. One of the finest performances I've ever heard. I can't say enough about this show - it knocks me out.

ISIS: A truly astounding recording. Superb quality with powerful vocals and clear instrumentation. Most notable, Dylan's performance is magnificent.

http://www.bobsboots.com/CDs/cd-s51.html

• Like 2

1 hour ago, soulcrusader78 said:

R-8307652-1459055880-5164.jpeg.jpg

Fantastic.

http://www.angelfire.com/wa/monicasdude/505.htm

Tempodrom (Berlin, Germany); June 17, 1996

Tracklist: Drifter's Escape, Shake Sugaree, All Along The Watchtower, Positively Fourth Street, Watching The River Flow, Silvio, Tangled Up In Blue, Love Minus Zero/No Limit, Friend Of The Devil, Seeing The Real You At Last, Queen Jane Approximately, Maggie's Farm, Alabama Getaway, My Back Pages, Rainy Day Women #12 & 35

DEEP: Oh lawdy me, if they could all be this good. The quality is outstanding and illustrates why a great audience recording is oft-times better than a soundboard. Dylan's performance was nothing short of magnificent at this show and the band is with him step for step. I can't recall a show with so many performances that just knocked me out. The quality leaves nothing to be desired - every rasp, growl and purr (many) of that voice is captured in all its world weariness, every note and harp blow and guitar chord and steel pluck is up front and balanced and separated and true. Go out and find this right now. One of the finest performances I've ever heard. I can't say enough about this show - it knocks me out.

ISIS: A truly astounding recording. Superb quality with powerful vocals and clear instrumentation. Most notable, Dylan's performance is magnificent.

http://www.bobsboots.com/CDs/cd-s51.html

Bit of an aside: I'd never heard of Elizabeth Cotton until a few months ago when I was in the hi-fi shop I frequent and they put on Shake Sugaree. Great record, worth a listen.

1 hour ago, Walker in the sun said:

Bit of an aside: I'd never heard of Elizabeth Cotton until a few months ago when I was in the hi-fi shop I frequent and they put on Shake Sugaree. Great record, worth a listen.

Okay yeah I've got Fred Neil doing it

19 minutes ago, Thunder Roadie said:

A return to form......

image.jpeg.d121644ab33a1034ffdeb753eb170800.jpeg

Is it good, very good or great?

I am a big fan of the first 6 Waterboys allbums but not familiar with most what came after.

1 hour ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Pistols or The CLash

image.jpeg.978124891ca5bf153e6b53c49d014a22.jpeg

The Clash. Those essential first three lp's......great 45's. Joe barking out anthems for a generation, left leg pumping. Definately the last gang in town. I get emotional when the Clash come up. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Is it good, very good or great?

I am a big fan of the first 6 Waterboys allbums but not familiar with most what came after.

First six, so up to Dream Harder. Ive been a fan throughout , I particualrly liked Universal Hall 2003 a gentle acoustic album, full of beautiful meditational songs, and then the wonderful Appointment with Mr Yeats which is magnificent. Modern Blues and Out of all this blue came next and I can't say i enjoyed those albums but this new album is the best since the yeats album. Steve Wickham the fiddle player pops in and out and Scott is at his best when he paints pictures of the world around us .

The heyday is long gone but they they still manage to stir upthe emotions from time to time helped by Wickham's heavenly strings.....

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thunder Roadie said:

Pistols or The CLash

image.jpeg.978124891ca5bf153e6b53c49d014a22.jpeg

Of the two, The Clash. The first three albums also. And the bootlegs of The Palladium from '79 and the Agora '79; the Palladium is my favorite live recording of them.

Their first album is probably my favorite of theirs, though there's no denying the greatness of the song London Calling for me. Complete Control is my favorite Clash song. (come to think of it, the question I usually get is more like: Sex Pistols or Ramones, and it's the Ramones for me).

I think my favorite punk band may be Stiff Little Fingers - their first four albums, up through Go For It. And years later Jake Burns wrote a song about Joe Strummer, a tribute to his deceased idol, called Strummerville. Jake is a man of complete integrity, and so was Joe, til the end, IMO.

The Pistols I just enjoy once in a rare while; nice multi-tracked guitars, and a nice venting of anger, which can feel cathartic at the time.

But the band (and the record) is not the same for me as how the Clash is.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

I definitely need to give these more of a listen - I’m kind of familiar up to Fisherman’s Blues (the title track of which is slowly creeping up my all time favourite songs - “with light in my head/YOU in my arms!”) but need to give the Waterboys some more listening  

This is the Sea stands as one of my all time favourite albums - one of those special albums that I almost have some sort of spiritual love for and connection to, from the pounding drums of the opener to the final strummed E chord of the closer...

• Like 1

Two of the best live albums of all time.

th?id=OIP.n72ur3cV7kD6FFSn9aE1uwHaHa&pid th?id=OIP.NXmFRVxMfKDeMCoJlBJR2gAAAA&pid

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

22 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

Of the two, The Clash. The first three albums also. And the bootlegs of The Palladium from '79 and the Agora '79; the Palladium is my favorite live recording of them.

Their first album is probably my favorite of theirs, though there's no denying the greatness of the song London Calling for me. Complete Control is my favorite Clash song. (come to think of it, the question I usually get is more like: Sex Pistols or Ramones, and it's the Ramones for me).

I think my favorite punk band may be Stiff Little Fingers - their first four albums, up through Go For It. And years later Jake Burns wrote a song about Joe Strummer, a tribute to his deceased idol, called Strummerville. Jake is a man of complete integrity, and so was Joe, til the end, IMO.

The Pistols I just enjoy once in a rare while; nice multi-tracked guitars, and a nice venting of anger, which can feel cathartic at the time.

But the band (and the record) is not the same for me as how the Clash is.

Stiff Little Fingers is playing my little NC town. Can't wait.

I went to see them in NYC when they played in the late eighties--the only US cities they played were Boston and NYC.

But I'm a Clash girl all the way. London Calling, for me, is the best album of all.

• Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, Skin2Skin said:

Stiff Little Fingers is playing my little NC town. Can't wait.

I went to see them in NYC when they played in the late eighties--the only US cities they played were Boston and NYC.

But I'm a Clash girl all the way. London Calling, for me, is the best album of all.

Oh I love The Clash! Don't get me wrong!

I just had to mention SLF though. (They're up there with them for me) (Another punk band I love but didn't mention is the Avengers too, who sadly are misunderstood by some over one song)

I saw them first on their Flags and Emblems tour, in March of 1992 (I think it was March 22nd). They had Paul Weller on bass at the time -

and - I have a t-shirt from that tour - they played four cities in the U.S.! ha ha

so thankfully they came to San Francisco, went with a couple friends.

That's great you saw them in the late '80s.

I saw them a total of three times - 1992 (the highlight for me was Stand Up And Shout), 2010, and then in 2015 (the highlight - an incredible Doesn't Make It All Right, with Jake holding that one note way longer than on any other version I've seen, including the Blu-ray of Best Served Loud [which plays on U.S. players despite what Amazon wrote; region A is U.S. of course!] Also I loved Guilty As Sin, great intro too. And My Dark Places, where Jake spoke about depression in a way that moved me to tears. (BTW, Best Served Live, from the Barrowlands, is a really great concert Blu-ray and DVD; I only wish I could hear how insanely loud the crowd supposedly was there!)

God I love that band. I know their last really great album was Go For It but I like lots of songs since then - oh! they did Harp in 2015 when I saw them. Outstanding. I always loved that song. (I love so many songs by them...Listen, The Only One, those are a couple of my total favorites by them)

Edit: I have 30 CDs by Stiff Little Fingers (according to my count right now - this includes 4 remasters and 3 CD singles). I'm a fan alright! :)

Another edit: When I first heard them, it was via a video on Vidoewest, TV program (not Videowest Backstage Pass, which came later). It was a video of Alternative Ulster, with lyrics shown on the screen during part of it - a promo I have NEVER seen since, anywhere. Anyway it...was the greatest thing I had heard in my life.

Later when I did find some albums by them - Nobody's Heroes, Hanx! and Go For It - at the age of about...14? I bought all three, with my best friend at Tower, we went to his house put them on the turntable and once again, with the remake of Roots, Radicals and Rockers, I heard again one of the most thrilling, exciting things I had ever heard! Hearing Roots, Radicals and Rockers for the first time...

what a great, great moment...

• Like 1