Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I'm listening to the greatest album ever made..

Posted Images

Moby - Play (1999)

Play is a marvelous mixed bag of music and one of the late-90's true highlights. Moby is a unique artist unto himself, Play is the man's greatest album and I strongly suggest following it's title as you won't regret it.

Moby_play.JPG

Yeah, Play is superb... it was hard not to get into that album in the late nineties as it was literally everywhere.

• Like 1

Yeah, Play is superb... it was hard not to get into that album in the late nineties as it was literally everywhere.

Agreed, car commercials and all. Moby made every song on Play available for advertising usage as a way to market the album....it worked. His follow-up 2002's 18 was decent as well and more of the same.

effcb32cb5b0848122931f7a6c51ce057de550c6

Today and some days before:

Blondie-Plastic Letters.

Blondie-Blondie (first untitled album).

I also wanted to listen to their best album, Parallel Lines, but I could not find it... :o but it has to be somewhere in my vinyl record collection. :D

10,000 Maniacs-In My Tribe. A really very great album!

Van Der Graaf Generator-Godbluff. A great album.

U2-Achtung Baby.

U2-Zooropa.

Velvet Underground-Velvet Underground (3rd album).

Byrds-The Notorious Byrd Brothers.

• Like 3

From the Thin White Duke and cocaine period, Bowie stepped into the world of "blue-eyed soul" on Young Americans but almost lost his soul with Station To Station which suffers from a somewhat lack of direction as if Bowie had wandered off into the night. All that aside, I really prefer Station To Station over Young Americans as the experimentation and diversity is much more interesting than the rather linear John Lennon assisted Young Americans.

David Bowie - Young Americans (1975)

MI0002076469.jpg?partner=allrovi.com

David Bowie - Station To Station (1976)

david-bowie-station-to-station.jpg?itok=

• Like 2

Been listening to Bat out of Hell today on my Ipod....almost forgotten how brilliant it was.

Still sounds as exhilarating now as it did when I first heard it all those years ago.