Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

On 6/13/2019 at 6:05 AM, Jerseyfornia said:

All night long.

513t5w2yg9u21.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Well!!!

• Like 2

It's Friday and I'm not fuckin around with the new stuff. 

Image result for darkness on the edge of town

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3

TheHeartofSaturdayNight.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

File:Thin Lizzy - Life.jpg

This was not just a casual listen. Sincerest thoughts for Phil's mom, Philomena, who passed away June 12. Before I heard this sad news, I was wondering if she was invited to attend the June 8 Metallica show at Sloan Castle where they appropriately honored Phil with "Whiskey in the Jar". Most rock fans/bands knew of her and respected her. A long time Thin Lizzy fan, I visited Ireland for the first time in 2013 to attend the Bruce Kilkenny shows. I had also been looking forward to seeing Phil's statue in front of Bruxelle's in Dublin, but the statue was away being repaired from damage suffered from drunken fools. I still visited Bruxelle's, as I was aware that Phil's mom visited regularly. On my 2nd visit, a friendly bartender came over to me as I was writing post cards and said, "Phil's mom is here......do you want to meet her?".......YES! Philomena was as gracious as could be. I told her how I had visited Phil's grave upon arriving in Ireland, and about the Lizzy concerts I had seen in Philly, including one of my top 10 shows......Lizzy opening for Queen in 1977. She invited me to her house, but not wanting to intrude, I politely declined. I subsequently sent her photos I took of Phil at the Tower Theater, and she responded back with a nice note. I was very sad upon discovering her passing this past week. Philomena truly loved her son, Philip. Dublin, Ireland and the world are mourning.

5d00ebbf0efca.jpg

• Like 3

Still listening to the great aural movie that is Western Stars.

• Like 2

R-1560283-1419173908-6072.jpeg.jpg

and the 2012 remaster of Never Mind The Bollocks, Here's The Sex Pistols; MUCH better sounding than my old CD copy of it.

(both new CD arrivals/purchases for me)

I'm mostly listening to Western Stars, but also to the recently released Tuscaloosa - recorded in Alabama, 1973.

It might actually be Neil Young's best live album - which is saying quite a lot...

Bilderesultat for tuscaloosa neil young

• Like 5