Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

61VKiDrzFVL.jpg

Watched the DVD rather than listened to the CD

• Like 4

On 7/26/2019 at 9:52 AM, Mocker said:

ramonesAlb.jpg?w=980&q=75

The 40th-anniversary of the Ramones’ first live album, It’s Alive, will be marked on Sept. 20 with the release of a six-disc version containing three unreleased concert recordings from the same tour.

The launch of the remastered title was led with a previously unreleased version of “Blitzkrieg Bop,” included in the four-CD/two-LP package, which is presented in a hardcover book.

“Originally recorded in London on New Year’s Eve 1977 and eventually released as a double album in 1979, It’s Alive delivered a blistering barrage of live takes on classic tracks from the band’s first three albums,” Rhino Records said in a statement. “Taking its name from a 1974 horror film, It’s Alive was the last album to feature all four original band members: Dee Dee Ramone, Joey Ramone, Johnny Ramone and Tommy Ramone."

It’s Alive: 40th Anniversary Deluxe Edition includes all four concerts that were professionally recorded during the Ramones’ U.K. tour in December 1977. Three of them make their debut on this set: Top Rank at Birmingham on Dec. 28, Victoria Hall in Stoke-On-Trent from Dec. 29, Friars at Aylesbury, from Dec. 30 and the Rainbow Theatre in London on Dec. 31.

The new edition will be limited to a run of 8,000 copies and will also be made available via digital and streaming services. This also marks the first time It’s Alive has been available on vinyl in the U.S.

So.......this is Big News. Created quite a quandary for me........Already have the vinyl LP originally issued of the 12/31/77 show. Also have the great 1978 NYC Palladium CD of the 1/7/78 show., just a few days after these 12/77 shows. This was the paramount era of the band.
$80.....Mmmm......Do I really need this expense?
Only 8000 copies. 4 identical shows.....Who can ever tell Ramones shows apart? Do I need multiple identical shows? Should I take the chance and wait, or will @Soul Crusader, @sonicramone, or @Jerseyfornia grab the last copy? 
Stupid questions........Of course I must have this from one of the greatest bands! Have pre-ordered......you guys are on your own!............:D

Image result for ramones London 1977

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

In keeping wit the spirit of the thread, YES, I did enjoyably listen to this today!  

Image result for ramones It's alive

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

Johnny Clegg & Savuka CCBW.jpg

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Mocker said:

So.......this is Big News. Created quite a quandary for me........Already have the vinyl LP originally issued of the 12/31/77 show. Also have the great 1978 NYC Palladium CD of the 1/7/78 show., just a few days after these 12/77 shows. This was the paramount era of the band.
$80.....Mmmm......Do I really need this expense?
Only 8000 copies. 4 identical shows.....Who can ever tell Ramones shows apart? Do I need multiple identical shows? Should I take the chance and wait, or will @Soul Crusader, @sonicramone, or @Jerseyfornia grab the last copy? 
Stupid questions........Of course I must have this from one of the greatest bands! Have pre-ordered......you guys are on your own!............:D

Image result for ramones London 1977

Excellent photo, and great info on the re-issue.  

Very doubtful that they changed up the setlists during that tour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sonicramone said:

R-116489-1434573109-4989.jpeg.jpg

My second favorite Heads album.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Flea said:

My second favorite Heads album.

Memories (Can't Wait) on the live "The Name of This Band...." album is maybe my favorite version of any Talking Heads song.

A solid 80s night.

61wgTk+E5UL.jpg

511KLVQfebL.jpg

51BzDcNLvgL.jpg

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1

15 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

A solid 80s night.

51BzDcNLvgL.jpg

The first Lone Justice is 36 minutes of perfection.  Not a clunker on it.  

• Like 3

R-839350-1273804434.jpeg.jpg

FOCtitles.jpg

I guess this means that I once donated to Planned Parenthood.  At least it was voluntary and not based on a set of unfortunate circumstances.

54 minutes ago, sonicramone said:

R-839350-1273804434.jpeg.jpg

FOCtitles.jpg

I guess this means that I once donated to Planned Parenthood.  At least it was voluntary and not based on a set of unfortunate circumstances.

Liberal extremist.

• Haha 1