Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

Whenever I've listened to Diesel And Dust, it sets me off on a Midnight Oil binge for a few weeks. Two of my favorites this afternoon, Red Sails In The Sunset and Blue Sky Mining.

51H9PFFCX9L.jpg

61RJP6HG0ZL.jpg

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Whenever I've listened to Diesel And Dust, it sets me off on a Midnight Oil binge for a few weeks. Two of my favorites this afternoon, Red Sails In The Sunset and Blue Sky Mining.

51H9PFFCX9L.jpg

61RJP6HG0ZL.jpg

Saw the Oils in 1996.

One of the most amazing afternoons. Lots of great SA bands, including Johnny Clegg, then Sting, who played early as he had to fly back to the UK that night, and then the finale was Midnight Oil. I was ambivalent, I went to see Johnny and Sting, Midnight Oil was a nice to have. My God, did they blow me away. One of the best live shows I ever remember seeing.

It was filmed and shown on local TV. A couple years back someone uploaded it to YT and I was lucky enough to snatch it before it was pulled...

• Like 3

3 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Saw the Oils in 1996.

One of the most amazing afternoons. Lots of great SA bands, including Johnny Clegg, then Sting, who played early as he had to fly back to the UK that night, and then the finale was Midnight Oil. I was ambivalent, I went to see Johnny and Sting, Midnight Oil was a nice to have. My God, did they blow me away. One of the best live shows I ever remember seeing.

It was filmed and shown on local TV. A couple years back someone uploaded it to YT and I was lucky enough to snatch it before it was pulled...

I saw them when I was getting comped for shows as a magazine reviewer. I really went for the opening act (Living Colour). They're a bit heavy for my tastes--a little goes a long way with me. But they were excellent in concert.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

51H9PFFCX9L.jpg

61RJP6HG0ZL.jpg

I saw them back, probably around 1990, maybe 91 at Red Rocks. A fun show although the absolute best show I saw there, and one of the best I've seen, was Sinead O'Connor around the same time period.

• Like 3