Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

On 9/8/2019 at 12:01 PM, Walker in the sun said:

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

You know I've never listen to those two albums together before! I think I'll try it tonight.

Revolver is always played with Rubber Soul and vise versa.  

• Like 1

If you're a hi fidelity fan, this album is sublime. Once a week listen for me at least.

R-7743613-1447873669-8522.jpeg.jpg

• Like 2

On 10 September 2019 at 9:41 PM, Jimmy James said:

You know I've never listen to those two albums together before! I think I'll try it tonight.

Revolver is always played with Rubber Soul and vise versa.  

Likewise, but these are the only Beatles albums currently on my phone, I had a long drive and I felt in a Beatles frame of mind, so why not?

• Like 1

wow what a coincidence above

I just finished this, got it in the mail today:

The Dexterized U.S. version of Rubber Soul, Dr. Ebbetts, CD-R copy.

yhst-73969762682587_2179_64245733

The "East Coast" U.S. mix.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/albums/rubber-soul-1/rubber-soul-east-coast-dexterized-version/

When Rubber Soul was released in December 1965 the album was pressed by Capitol Records in Los Angeles. There was a short run of this album on vinyl pressed in the New York plant with Dave Dexter Jr. adding his famous reverb to all the stereo songs on the album. This became to be know as the East Coast Mix or 'Dexterized' version of the American release. The mono mixes are the same as the standard Capitol release with no changes.

• Like 1

On 9/11/2019 at 1:40 PM, SteveJhb said:

If you're a hi fidelity fan, this album is sublime. Once a week listen for me at least.

R-7743613-1447873669-8522.jpeg.jpg

I recently picked up a couple of Blue Note ‘Tone Poet Series’ releases: Lee Morgan & Lou Donaldson. Superb quality pressings, so if that’s a concern & they match your tastes then have a look at their catalogue. Dunno how they would pan out price wise in SA, £30 here, tho’ I got mates rates here so £50 for the pair. Nice.......

Must confess I get a bit a bit p’d off with all the 180g/ltd edition coloured vinyl for a premium price - it’s bull. They are bought to play so just give me good, clean black pressings and I’ll be happy to pay around the £20 - £25 mark.

• Like 2

Always thought Caution Horses was under-rated on account of its predecessor. ‘Cos Cheap Is How I Feel has to be a contender for my favourite Junkies track!

0519E10E-CBD7-4D51-A8E6-FF50AF6F9107.jpeg

FAD2AE27-5F35-4B94-9838-5E1EC43F1209.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 1

On 9/11/2019 at 11:18 PM, soulcrusader78 said:

wow what a coincidence above

I just finished this, got it in the mail today:

The Dexterized U.S. version of Rubber Soul, Dr. Ebbetts, CD-R copy.

yhst-73969762682587_2179_64245733

The "East Coast" U.S. mix.

https://www.beatlesbible.com/forum/albums/rubber-soul-1/rubber-soul-east-coast-dexterized-version/

When Rubber Soul was released in December 1965 the album was pressed by Capitol Records in Los Angeles. There was a short run of this album on vinyl pressed in the New York plant with Dave Dexter Jr. adding his famous reverb to all the stereo songs on the album. This became to be know as the East Coast Mix or 'Dexterized' version of the American release. The mono mixes are the same as the standard Capitol release with no changes.

Well, never knew that! Every day’s a school day, though this looks like a very dangerous rabbit hole you’ve just presented to me. 

• Haha 1