Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

2019 remastered versions of two of my favourite albums and even on iTunes they sound blimmin' glorious.

prefab sprout langley.jpeg

prefab sprout jordan.jpg

• Like 3

A wonderfully eclectic compilation of covers, some well-known others very obscure, compiled with input from Paul himself.

717O3u9StXL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

• Like 1

This is only the second album I ever bought...and still (or just because of that) one of my favourite albums of all time.

Even if I know every note of it after all those years, it is still a very enjoyable listen, every time again.

Some pundits claim the glorious, very very great Side 2 distracts from the not-so-great Side 1, but I love every song on the album and I think Silver, Crystal Days and Thorn Of Crowns are pretty great songs too and the 2 others on Side 1 are for sure not bad at all. This said, Side 2 is among the best music from the 80s and also contains the Bunnymen's two greatest songs, The Killing Moon and the title song.

And of course the first 4 Bunnymen albums all get bonus points for the fantastic album covers.

220px-Oceanrain.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1

On 10/1/2019 at 2:59 AM, took me long enough said:

Loving this album @ludomichel.  I was unaware of their awesomeness :wub:

Life-love-and-leaving.jpg

Playing in London, 2nd time in 20 years on Oct 24, May have a spare ticket. PM me if interested.

• Like 1

The new Sturgill Simpson (Sound and Fury) is ballsweat-in-August hot, and better than anything Bruce has done in a decade.

sturgill_soundandfury.jpg

• Like 2

Bilderesultat for ghosteen

The new album...

Can't say I agree with the review I read (think it was the Guardian) claiming this is Cave's best album..

It sounds lovely, angelic even ... but lacks memorable songs.. And I can't actually hear the Bad Seeds..

But - this is based on only one listen.

• Like 2

On 10/4/2019 at 4:44 PM, Flea said:

The new Sturgill Simpson (Sound and Fury) is ballsweat-in-August hot, and better than anything Bruce has done in a decade.

sturgill_soundandfury.jpg

I love this record, but I don't agree that Bruce hasn't done anything as good in ten years. 

• Like 1