Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

On 11/19/2019 at 5:18 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

Bad Company can't compete with their Paul Rodgers era albums and the four they made with Brian Howe on vocals took the band in a very pop direction, but this 1995 record with Rodgers sound-alike Robert Hart singing is a pretty nice return to form.

Wow ...He really DOES sound like Paul .... Great stuff !!!!

• Like 1

On 11/19/2019 at 10:18 PM, Jerseyfornia said:

Bad Company can't compete with their Paul Rodgers era albums and the four they made with Brian Howe on vocals took the band in a very pop direction, but this 1995 record with Rodgers sound-alike Robert Hart singing is a pretty nice return to form.

61Mk-NV2jjL.jpg

Just noticed there’s a Bad Co. release scheduled for RSD Black Friday: Live At Red Rocks 2016 double. 

• Like 1

You don't have to be a fan of the show to enjoy the great music spread across this and the other three volumes of Songs of Anarchy. Bruce finally showed up in season 7 with a perfectly placed Adam Raised A Cain, but it didn't make the soundtrack album.

th?id=OIP.hufaV1NCJnjxTgniY8ZfQgHaHa&pid

9 hours ago, Lampi said:

image.png.fb54bfdaa9a1e3c7e3a7d9a9e999f3ef.png

Brilliant album. I got to see her many times at the Bottom Line, plus both Carnegie Hall and later the Beacon, front row. I miss live shows at the various memorable venues in NYC when I was younger :( 

• Like 3

On 11/30/2019 at 3:00 AM, JimCT said:

Brilliant album. I got to see her many times at the Bottom Line, plus both Carnegie Hall and later the Beacon, front row. I miss live shows at the various memorable venues in NYC when I was younger :( 

Oh, so do I, but replace NYC with Philly. We always got your spillover. :)

I saw Suzanne Vega once--she was really good. I think Shawn Colvin was singing backup.

We were seeing a lot of shows until we moved--the Triangle isn't the hub for our kinda music Philly was. But we've caught a few good shows.

Missing live music of "our artists" (obscure, but not all that obscure, singer/songwriters) is what I miss most about Philly.

We've seen the following shows since we've been here: Neko Case, The Kennedys, Caroline Spence, Leslie Stevens, Kelsey Waldron, Emmylou Harris

I think that's it. That was like one month in Philly, and it's been almost a year since we moved. To be fair, we ended up not going to some shows we had tix for because of various crises: Patty Griffin, The Lemonheads, Stiff Little Fingers

This show was recorded by mick Ralphs. Apparently, he recorded a lot of the band's shows so it would be cool to see some more vintage live releases from Bad Company.

th?id=OIP.uS3vFTfc0yrDmNRLkw4BzgAAAA&pid

• Like 2

On 12/1/2019 at 7:31 AM, Green Fox said:

image.png

Giving this a first spin tonight or tomorrow.