Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

On 1/5/2020 at 11:09 AM, SteveJhb said:

And lastly, Y'all Caught, which is a great compilation of his earlier material, including the classic Riding With The King.

7 hours ago, ludomichel said:

Yeah, thanks Steve. I know them all but "Little head", and I agree "Bring the family" is probably his best album ever. I also own a few more : Perfectly good guitar, Beneath this gruff exterior, Stolen moments, Walk on.... But he did many more !

Riding With The King (the album), Slug Line, the best albums pre-Bring The Family, with some classic early Hiatt songs.

The Tiki Bar Is Open, with the classic I'll Never Get Over You.

• Like 3

A great Side 1, and a not-so-great Side 2 (The Refugee is one of the worst songs U2 ever put on a regular studio album; I am also not a fan of the 'hymn',  or 'spiritual', "40'"'). But Drowning Man is one of the most underrated U2 songs, a very beautiful song; and New Years Day still gives me shivers after all these years.

image.png.bafa899ddad7ad3afc2ebbbdcf5f30e9.png

• Like 5

Morrissey & Marr both think this is the best Smiths album, not The Queen Is Dead. Well at least it is somewhat underrated; and Girlfriend In A Come and Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me are among the greatest Smiths songs.

'Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me'; how more 'Smiths' or 'Morrissey' can a song title be? (But 'Heaven Knows I Am Miserable Now', 'Never Had No One Ever', 'We Hate It When Our Friends Become Succesful' and 'Please, Please, Please, Let Me Get What I Want' all come pretty close too).

And then there is Paint A Vulgar Picture: 'Re-issue! Re-package! Re-evaluate the songs"; which is exactly what happened to the Smiths catalogue after they split; and after that with Morrissey's solo work too (to the point of changing the tracklist and sequencing of the original album on a re-issue).

But the music of The Smiths lives on forever.

image.png.266cccaf7b4db382e9a1d55cb1376d88.png

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

A great Side 1, and a not-so-great Side 2 (The Refugee is one of the worst songs U2 ever put on a regular studio album; I am also not a fan of the 'hymn',  or 'spiritual', "40'"'). But Drowning Man is one of the most underrated U2 songs, a very beautiful song; and New Years Day still gives me shivers after all these years.

I love "40."

I remember back when I had this on cassette, the entire album was on both sides so there wasn't really a side 1 or 2 for me, just the complete record. It would end and I'd flip the tape to play it again.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

My favorite U2 album, Love The Refugee and "40". Well shit I love the whole thing. 

• Like 2

From the glory days of NWOBHM

R-2384413-1359069129-4139.jpeg.jpg

8 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

418XYXIMDLL.jpg

51dhuTFq83L.jpg

One of my top 20 favourite songs, ever...

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

Well, we're doin' mighty fine, I do suppose,
In our streak of lightnin' cars and fancy clothes,
But just so we're reminded of the ones who are held back,
Up front there ought 'a be a Man In Black.

image.png.b38ecd3334aad83eb9dbc05170e0e784.png

• Like 4
  • Love Love Love! 2

I'm going to start with this one and maybe just go though the whole catalog before nights over. Very sad

image.png.327416b1c4d20238def35fc8750cf9b4.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, ludomichel said:

image.png.dc5d6160d3011684ec9c935ff3ee524f.png

the sound recording on this album still blows me away. I have a 24bit version.... Incredible.

• Like 2