Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

11 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

A mate of mine's brother is a drummer, this is his band's first album. I guess you could call it instrumental ambient hard rock...?

I like it. I think it's on most streaming services if anyone was interested in giving it a listen.

age of indica.jpeg

It's hard for me to resist any strain of indica.

th?id=OIP.ky-FhzC8oaHmiW4mskK46gEsEs&pid

• Haha 1

On 1/31/2020 at 2:10 PM, JustDan said:

Well, if it makes you feel more at ease, his career is in the toilet. His record label dropped him, his website was taken down, his FB page hasn't been updated in over a year. I get it. In this day & age, you can't get away with being a misogynist, sexual pervert/deviant & I understand why. I'm not condoning Adams's actions or behavior, & I believe he deserves his come-uppance, but if you're going to tell me that Mick Jagger, Robert Plant, Steven Tyler, Rod Stewart, David Crosby and almost every single rock star of their generation didn't, at one time or another, get away with treating women as their pleasure toys, using them for sexual deviancy & favors...and probably doing worse things than what Adams is accused of doing, I've got a plot of land to sell you on Pluto. The sad thing is.....what a waste of talent. Prolific songwriter and musician. If he'd only done a better job of controlling his impulses or barring that, been smart enough to seek professional help, perhaps he could've saved his career.

Some of the aforementioned popsters are also, allegedly, guilty of statutory rape according to the accounts of those very young groupies of the era.

• Like 2

There are worse ways to spend an evening than to listen to two of my favourite albums of all time -this one and my next post. (Shoot Out The Lights is in that list also).

Of course the joyous singing and music (on most, not all, songs) does not quite match the very dark lyrics (and not only on this Richard (& Linda) Thompson album). When I get to the border...OK Richard. It will be a pleasure to be there.:o

image.png

• Like 5

...and this, the greatest and most beautiful U2 album. Bonus points also for the Anton Corbijn album sleeve.

image.png.3e28c110017b8ea9b14811473fe4ee26.png

• Like 6

I know it’s way too early to be talking about album of the year, but surely this is going to be in a lot of ‘top five’ lists? On heavy rotation here.

4343B5B6-A2FE-4BA5-9B2C-E2A1F05F3071.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

@Walker in the sun

How is the Josef K album? I know they are a sort of 'member' of the Aztec Camera-Orange Juice 'scene' or 'family' but I don't think I ever heard Josef K's music.

Playing new Spanish Love Songs album Braves Faces Everyone constantly. Loved Schmaltz and the new one is almost as good. 

Waiting for some Local Honey too. 

2 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

R-1020820-1324641876.jpeg.jpg

He is currently on the 40th anniversary tour of this album. Would love to see that show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

@Walker in the sun

How is the Josef K album? I know they are a sort of 'member' of the Aztec Camera-Orange Juice 'scene' or 'family' but I don't think I ever heard Josef K's music.

If you draw a line from Television/early Heads thru OJ towards Franz Ferdinand they are on the Joy Division side of OJ. Does that make sense?:unsure: Sort of spiky post punk funk, guitar driven. I dunno if there was a scene as such, but looking back there were a fair few bands around that we used to catch regularly, occasionally as support to larger bands Scottish dates.

In addition to OJ, Aztec Camera, JAMC & Primal Scream, the Fire Engines, The Scars and James King & The Lonewolves spring to mind. Latter I thought excellent and destined for success, but they pretty much disappeared after a few 45’s: Texas Lullaby and The Angels Know are great. An abandoned album resurfaced relatively recently, and there is an excellent recent interview with James King somewhere on YouTube.

Also take a look at AED records website. Edwyn Collins runs AED and there’s lots of interesting stuff on there. Sadly Roddy Frames recording and performing seems pretty sporadic, but if you do get a chance to catch him live grab it with both hands!

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

I

In addition to OJ, Aztec Camera, JAMC & Primal Scream, the Fire Engines, The Scars and James King & The Lonewolves spring to mind

Thanks for your answer!

Some bands I never heard of, but I own The Scars album Author! Author! Which is a pretty good album I think (from memory; haven't listened to it in many, many years).

6 hours ago, Lampi said:

@Walker in the sun

I think they were great...

The red sky behind you,
The feeling you've been here before,
You looked in the past dear,
The things we all gave up then.

I met you again there,
But this time it went for real.

We talked for a short while,
While I snuck forward,
And touched your hand.

You looked in the past dear,
The things we all gave up then.

Its hard to forgive dear,
When you shoot all the things, that we loved...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

Thanks for your answer!

Some bands I never heard of, but I own The Scars album Author! Author! Which is a pretty good album I think (from memory; haven't listened to it in many, many years).

I’ve got a copy of it somewhere in the understairs cupboard, but like you haven’t played it for ages. Probably around 35 years! Sadly a lot of my original Postcard 45s disappeared at some point during various flat shares and house moves. I did have a look on Discogs thinking it would be nice to get them back in the collection but the prices are frightening! Never seem to see any in the 2nd hand record shops I frequent. 

The Skids were around also, but never really warmed to them. Silly as it sounds, I had a bit of a problem with the ‘martial’ sound and some of the visual imagery around their releases. Also, RJ was a bit of a kn*b according to some mates who knew him thru football! Probably a perfectly alright bloke in reality......

• Like 1

21 hours ago, riverdude2 said:

R-1020820-1324641876.jpeg.jpg

This is a record I play fairly often. It's one of the best debut records of all time and I love it late at night when I'm getting stoned. It's also one of a handful of albums that I occasionally substitute for the ambient rain sounds I like to fall asleep to.

• Like 2

Little_River_Band_-_Backstage_Pass.jpg

In Australia, they released two live albums in 1980: Backstage Pass and Live In America. Here in the States, they were combined and released as the double live album Backstage Pass.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Jerseyfornia said:

Little_River_Band_-_Backstage_Pass.jpg

In Australia, they released two live albums in 1980: Backstage Pass and Live In America. Here in the States, they were combined and released as the double live album Backstage Pass.

A band I would have loved to have seen when Glenn Shorrock was there.

Just now, riverdude2 said:

A band I would have loved to have seen when Glenn Shorrock was there.

I saw them twice with Shorrock, and once in between with Farnham. I can't be bothered with anything the current rotating band of pretenders have put out since 2000, but that original line-up was an incredible band that made great records. 

This is worth a watch to hear the original LRB vocalists/songwriters sounding as good as ever and proving there's more to a band than who owns the name.