Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

Segue Myles

Over the weekend I took a spin through David Bowie's Berlin Trilogy and Live album Stage from the same era. 1977-79 were very prolific years for Bowie who's wise decision to leave England for Germany in an attempt to overcome cocaine yielded some of his most experimental and interesting work of the 70's.

Low (1977)

david-bowie-low.jpg

"Heroes" (1977)

bowie-heroes.jpg

Stage (1978)

cover_49591919112009.jpg

Lodger (1979)

228063b.jpg

• Like 3

Tigerlily.jpg

Natalie Merchant is probably my all time favourite singer and with the 20th anniversary and re-recording of Tigerlilly coming up (called Paradise Is There), I have gone back to this for the first time in a good while.

It still sounds so damn good and My Beloved Wife still knocks a hole in my heart the same way it did 20 years ago.

It was one of those albums I heard too much when I first got it, since this thread has started gone back to it for first time in many years, still sounds great

http://www.nataliemerchant.com/news/2015/9/116

Tigerlily.jpg

Natalie Merchant is probably my all time favourite singer and with the 20th anniversary and re-recording of Tigerlilly coming up (called Paradise Is There), I have gone back to this for the first time in a good while.

It still sounds so damn good and My Beloved Wife still knocks a hole in my heart the same way it did 20 years ago.

It was one of those albums I heard too much when I first got it, since this thread has started gone back to it for first time in many years, still sounds great

http://www.nataliemerchant.com/news/2015/9/116

I actually think Motherland is her best solo record.