Segue Myles

Albums You've Listened To Today

Love and Money Strange Kind Of Love.jpeg

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, riverdude2 said:

Another great Scottish band. Have you heard The Big Dish, they brought out some very decent albums?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Big_Dish_(band)

Steven Lindsay's solo albums are worth checking out too.

I have not, will definitely do so.

Have you heard James Grant's new solo album? It is a free download on Soundcloud but if you pay it goes to charity. I paid 5 Pounds and after hearing the music feel I should have paid a lot more. It is magnificent. Truly. He has one of my favourite voices in music.

cover.jpg

30 minutes ago, SteveJhb said:

I have not, will definitely do so.

Have you heard James Grant's new solo album? It is a free download on Soundcloud but if you pay it goes to charity. I paid 5 Pounds and after hearing the music feel I should have paid a lot more. It is magnificent. Truly. He has one of my favourite voices in music.

cover.jpg

No, thanks I'll check it out, he's a great songwriter and his gigs are great and intimate. Very few people I mention him to have heard of him!

• Like 1

R-10809986-1504683962-7248.jpeg.jpg             Classic stuff! Love the early gems like It's My Life the best! :wub:                                 

• Like 5

On 4/30/2020 at 12:25 PM, riverdude2 said:

No, thanks I'll check it out, he's a great songwriter and his gigs are great and intimate. Very few people I mention him to have heard of him!

And, I would suspect, not too many in Africa, right? :D

I would seriously love to see him live.

This is the thing now. Of the artists and bands I still wish I could see live, very few are 'stadium acts' that are likely to come to SA. Most are singer-songwriters I'd probably be able to see in small theatres or venues in the UK or USA.

51NHoirWUIL.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

R-898959-1181568502.jpeg.jpg

I posted a Mellencamp album a few posta above this. I first heard the name Mitch Ryder from the Mellencamp song Rock in the U.S.A...

1 hour ago, SteveJhb said:

How different/similar is this to 'Let It Be Naked'? I know the tracklisting is different, of course, but I mean specifically the shared songs?

In terms of sound quality (mixes) I really couldn't tell you, sorry. I'd have to take the time to compare them. I have Let It Be Naked, haven't heard that in a while, and this one I hadn't in years. Was going to listen to the regular Let It Be (for Two Of Us, ironically as it's late on this one), but went for one of my few Beatles boots. The sound quality is great. This is the CD I chose to buy for Get Back (I had one on vinyl many years ago, a different one).

A real Beatles expert would probably know (the kind that know all the differences in all the mixes etc, it ain't me)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJhb said:

I posted a Mellencamp album a few posta above this. I first heard the name Mitch Ryder from the Mellencamp song Rock in the U.S.A...

I'm not sure when I first heard of Mitch Ryder, if it was when No Nukes came out on the screen or on vinyl or....probably then. I saw it in a theater, I think after it had been out a bit though.

• Like 1

john-hiatt-walk-on-800px.jpeg

• Like 2