Albums You've Listened To Today

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

after Fair Warning (once again), I listened to this today:

R-6018074-1410237839-7381.jpeg.jpg

https://www.discogs.com/Van-Halen-I-Want-To-Fk-Your-Girlfriend/release/6018074

Tracks 1-1 to 1-3 were recorded in Bradford on the UK Spring Tour 1978.
Tracks 1-4 to 2-4 were recorded at the Music Hall in Houston, TX. at the band's first headlining gig on July 11, 1979.
Track 2-5 was taken from a radio show broadcast in the UK in 1978.
Tracks 2-6 to 2-8 taken from transcription discs of the US Festival 1983.

from vhboots:

The US Festival stuff is incredible. It starts with a play-by-play announcer giving the back stage happening as Van Halen goes on stage. You really get the feel of the day. In it they mention that Van Halen specially made a "party" video that was played before VH took the US Festival stage.

(the main audience show from Texas was decent quality, a good listen)

Grateful Dead, 5/19/77, Fox Theater, Atlanta - released as Dick's Picks Vol. 29 in 2003

I had gotten the first set of this show thru Deadhead circles in '85 or so. Even then we knew how special this was, and the soundboard recording that circulated was prime! The opening "Jet to the Promised Land" always reminds me of the scene from Men in Black going thru the tunnel - "Elvis isn't dead, he just went home." And that movie reminds me of this - the two are now linked. The Sugaree that follows is suberb. After El Paso and Peggy-O is simply my favorite first-set Looks Like Rain - just close your eyes and listen to Jerry and Wolf work magic, and even enjoy Donna's contributions this night. Later, after Drums, the Wheel > China Doll is captivating. The May '77 run by the GD is legendary, and this one is a fine example of why.

Bobby even notes that it is Ho Chi Minh's birthday :D 

archive.org link - https://archive.org/details/gd77-05-19.sbd.direwolf.3120.sbeok.shnf/gd77-05-19d1t01.shn

91zBnyA-kCL._SX355_.jpg

• Like 1