Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

Segue Myles

Been listening to loads of John Martyn over the last couple of weeks.

I remember clearly the day he died, i was driving near Streatham Common, when it was announced on Radio London, Danny Baker was on air at the time, one of the best radio shows I have ever heard. I know Danny is not everyone's cup of tea, but I love him.

Found this online, the whole show was then only John's music, bar one Nick Drake track.

Just brilliant stuff

• Like 1

I remember clearly the day he died, i was driving near Streatham Common, when it was announced on Radio London, Danny Baker was on air at the time, one of the best radio shows I have ever heard. I know Danny is not everyone's cup of tea, but I love him.

Found this online, the whole show was then only John's music, bar one Nick Drake track.

Just brilliant stuff

Brilliant! I am a huge fan of both, so this is my idea of heaven.

As much as I am tempted to jump right in now, I am going to hold off listening until the weekend. Sunday morning with coffee seems the perfect setting for it.

Just brilliant stuff

Brilliant! I am a huge fan of both, so this is my idea of heaven.

As much as I am tempted to jump right in now, I am going to hold off listening until the weekend. Sunday morning with coffee seems the perfect setting for it.

Ok, I caved and listened to the first 10 minutes.

Danny is absolutely devastated.

That is remarkable and brilliant radio.

Just brilliant stuff

The guy was a genius.

I've recently been enjoying some of his mid-period stuff... Grace & Danger, Glorious Fool, No Little Boy, Sapphire... I have a huge amount of love for Grace & Danger and Glorious Fool specifically. Genius albums.

Just started listening to Glasgow Walker a few minutes ago... I don't know it that well, but I like it. I'll be spending more time with this one.

In 1971, whilst recording a Christmas and a Grammy-winning Gospel LP, Elvis Presley also taped a dozen or more secular songs, many of which fitted into the folk genre and almost all of which carried a lost-love theme.

His record company separated these secular songs and released them over several LPs and singles, thus diluting the impact of the original recordings.

The best dozen of those tracks are gathered here (with simple accompanying videos to set the mood) as a coherent and fascinating album, reflecting his complex personal life during the early 1970s.

Featuring compositions by Bob Dylan, Kris Kristofferson, Buffy Sainte-Marie, Gordon Lightfoot, Ewan MacColl, BJ Thomas, Michael Jarrett and Ivory Joe Hunter. Recorded in Nashville with a selection of glorious musicians, listen for Elvis' own piano accompaniment on three songs.

This is "Elvis Presley: Exodus".

00:00 "I Shall Be Released"
00:42 "I'm Leavin'"
04:32 "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"
08:18 "Early Mornin' Rain"
11:15 "It's Still Here"
14:44 "Until It's Time For You To Go"
18:48 "Help Me Make It Through The Night"
21:39 "It's Only Love"
24:26 "I'll Take You Home Again, Kathleen"
26:53 "For Lovin' Me"
29:05 "Don't Think Twice, It's All Right"
37:40 "I Will Be True"

www.georgesmithpublications.com

U2_-_U2_Go_Home-_Live_from_Slane_Castle_

Damn good live sets Potstan!!! I was at the U2 show in Ireland as was being recorded. Best concert ever!

I know. Saw your post on the U2 thread... Hadn't listened to the show in ages and completely forgot how good it was. I'm seeing U2 for the first time on September 28th and this would be my dream setlist (I know I'm not going to get it... but the current one is pretty good, too). Can't wait!

• Like 1