Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

• Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Today I'm listening to the greatest album ever made..

Posted Images

R-374323-1440620552-7958.jpeg.jpg

Favorite song: World Up My Ass.

First heard this classic punk album in 1982, two years after it came out. Saw them before their third album; it was nothing like this (had Chuck Biscuits on drums though).

First song I heard was the medley I Just Want Some Skank/Beverly Hills.

I fell in love with Beverly Hills instantly.

FUCK SUPER RICH PEOPLE! (but it was the riff, actually; the muted chords)

image.png.90603b7ebc245b986d9c4f323c58f3e9.png

Live in Europe is the third album by Irish blues guitarist Rory Gallagher, released in 1972. It is a series of live recordings made during his European tour that year. Unusual for a live album, it contains just two songs previously recorded and released by Gallagher ("Laundromat" and "In Your Town"). All the other songs are either new Gallagher songs or Gallagher's interpretation of traditional blues songs.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, SteveJhb said:

Good?

Bar a couple of tracks, Lightning Man & Crying In Public, I thought it excellent. Classic Pretenders sound: La Hyndes bruised-in-love drawl over upfront guitars. Last couple of times I’ve seen them I’ve been mighty impressed and this captures the muscular energy well. Imho, of course.
No download code tho’. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

Bar a couple of tracks, Lightning Man & Crying In Public, I thought it excellent. Classic Pretenders sound: La Hyndes bruised-in-love drawl over upfront guitars. Last couple of times I’ve seen them I’ve been mighty impressed and this captures the muscular energy well. Imho, of course.
No download code tho’. 

Love the pretenders especially the Chrissie Hynde vocal, any good ballads on here?

19 hours ago, TupacThePuma said:

Love the pretenders especially the Chrissie Hynde vocal, any good ballads on here?

There are a couple that may appeal: ‘You Can’t Hurt A Fool’ is an absolute peach. As I noted before, ‘Crying In Public’ isn’t doing it for me, but you might feel different