Greasy Lake Community

Albums You've Listened To Today

On 8/3/2020 at 10:39 PM, Lampi said:

Only the first half, as 20 Hank Williams songs are more than enough for Monday evening, and it doesn't help Song nr. 20 is Howlin' At The Moon. Most, if not all,  of the other 19 (better: other 39) are good, very good and  great songs though and it is amazing how many of these songs are true classics. The other 20 songs tomorrow.

image.png.74422226a4f566c701a295a649e427a7.png

This is the set I have - it's really great. So many classic songs and some great surprises that I'd never heard of before I got it. 

• Like 2
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My two favorite Tom Petty albums.

Today I'm listening to the greatest album ever made..

Posted Images

FUCK YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

61AxBMu7ZsL._SL1200_.jpg

How the FUCK could I forget The STOOGES Live At Goose Lake?!?? Jesus! 'cause my physical CD copy won't arrive til Sunday (or Monday) from Amazon?

This fucking RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 4

The Stooges Goose Lake 1970 again today; got the CD in the mail from Amazon (creased, of course; shitty thin cardboard sleeve, never a jewel case you know). Submitted it to Discogs. What a great album. Fun House and L.A. Blues rule on it

Elite Hotel is the third studio album by American country music artist Emmylou Harris, released in 1975. Elite Hotel was Harris' second album to be released in 1975, preceded by the widely acclaimed Pieces of the Sky. Elite Hotel surpassed it on the Billboard charts, becoming Harris' first #1 country album. The album yielded two #1 country singles: "Together Again" and Harris' version of the Patsy Cline hit "Sweet Dreams", and "One of These Days" made it to the #3 spot. A performance of The Beatles' "Here, There and Everywhere" entered the pop charts at #65. Harris' eclectic musical tastes were reflected in her choice of material by Hank Williams, The Beatles, Gram Parsons and Buck Owens. Harris' vocals on the album earned her the Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Performance, Female.

image.png.083468df2f08ad31c2b155206fc8c0e2.png

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 2
3 hours ago, Blackcowboys01 said:

Elite Hotel is the third studio album by American country music artist Emmylou Harris, released in 1975. Elite Hotel was Harris' second album to be released in 1975, preceded by the widely acclaimed Pieces of the Sky. Elite Hotel surpassed it on the Billboard charts, becoming Harris' first #1 country album. The album yielded two #1 country singles: "Together Again" and Harris' version of the Patsy Cline hit "Sweet Dreams", and "One of These Days" made it to the #3 spot. A performance of The Beatles' "Here, There and Everywhere" entered the pop charts at #65. Harris' eclectic musical tastes were reflected in her choice of material by Hank Williams, The Beatles, Gram Parsons and Buck Owens. Harris' vocals on the album earned her the Grammy Award for Best Country Vocal Performance, Female.

image.png.083468df2f08ad31c2b155206fc8c0e2.png

Fantastic album.

• Like 1